The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Not a fan of either one, but ...

Kassian's head was down with the puck. He looked like a house leaguer. That's on him. Tkachuk spotted the opportunity and rung his bell. I don't blame Kass for going after him on the second hit, though. It would feel like Tkachuk was targeting him. To me, it's more a case of Keep Your Head Up 101. 

Kass came off like a meathead in the post game.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Darius said:

The weasel tkatchuk was smart and knew which buttons to push.  He targeted kass knowing he would lose his cool.  Knowing how to manipulate certain players is a characteristic of a good rat and I wouldn’t be surprised if daddy tkatchuk is feeding Matty boy some pointers. the difference is I think ol man tkatchuk would have answered the bell eventually.

i was disappointed that zack fell for the tactics but it was satisfying seeing the rag dolling.

Kassian should've taken a run at the dwarf Gaudreau with a hard but legal hit and then skate by the Flamers bench and point at Tkachuk.....how do you like apples or are you going to ask your daddy to fight your battles by having him sit on me?:P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

tkachuk is a disgusting weasel type of player.  Total boarding call even though the pathetic refs once again screw up the call.  I hope tkachuk gets hit by a bus.....that would just be karma imo.

Edit: even ratface marchand would at least answer the bell after a dirty hit....pathetic....tkapuke does the best 'turtle' impression I have ever seen.

Edit: fair enough...it was a clean hit.  I still hate tkaturtle and hope karma comes calling. The kid is a weasel that cheap shots and then turtles....a dbag just like his father only not as tough.

Clean hit, but Tkachuk got ragdolled by Kassian... And I enjoyed that a lot

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in warm-up:

Pearson-Horvat(C)-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Edler(A)-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev(A)
Fantenberg-Myers

Markstrom

I say we put Motte with Jake and Gaud and scrap the fourth line altogether. ::D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

So?

My thought is that if hard hits like that, where Tkachuk wound up to  a freight train when he hit Kassian at the side of the goal, and then retreated in a hurry to admire his own work. To me it seems like a intent to injure, and players will get injured from heavy hits, especially those that are not seen coming. It is up to the NHL to decide what is allowed. Kassian's reaction is understandable, but he failed to control his anger

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

That's what I mean both are clean hits but people are acting crazy , tree even mentioned when he was here he would have to fight evening after a clean hit , I  Don't agree with that..

to me it's two clean hits and MT did his job and it's not like burrows never pulled any crap...

Im all for hating MT but to say you wouldn't want him on your team cause of the stuff he pulls , come I on  , look at our dirt bag list kesler ,burr , Cooke  and the list keeps going, MT hasn't pulled anything one of them wouldn't have done  

I don't hate Tkachuk or even begrudge him for not fighting. But it does paint a bit of a negative light on him. Sometimes you gotta answer the bell. The first hit could have been called for charge, the second hit was clean. He poked the bear often enough it lashed out. He did the smart thing and tried to run. Lol. I still like Tkachuk, also like Kass. Good hockey right there. Battle of Alberta breathing some life into hockey again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I say we put Motte with Jake and Gaud and scrap the fourth line altogether. ::D

Not gonna lie I think the 3rd line could use a new face. Love Rooster but lately they been kinda meh as a unit. Reward Motter for his hard work. And maybe he can teach Jake how to forecheck. Motter has been a beast on the forecheck this season. Love his energy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, SuitnTie said:

I get it Markstrom gives us the best chance to win but.. Demko needs games too. How is he going to develop watching games on a back to back. 

Exactly!! 

Boggles my mind why we ARENT playing Demko in back to backs. Gives Marky and his agent tons of leverage in contract negotiations too imo

12 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

That's what I mean both are clean hits but people are acting crazy , tree even mentioned when he was here he would have to fight evening after a clean hit , I  Don't agree with that..

to me it's two clean hits and MT did his job and it's not like burrows never pulled any crap...

Im all for hating MT but to say you wouldn't want him on your team cause of the stuff he pulls , come I on  , look at our dirt bag list kesler ,burr , Cooke  and the list keeps going, MT hasn't pulled anything one of them wouldn't have done  

Dirt bag Kesler?  Wtf????  I don't recall him being suspended for anything except calling people names. :blink:.  Most of Cookies cheap stuff occurred AFTER he left the Canucks.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1