The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boeser to COL

aGENT

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

By all accounts of people I know/trust and follow the WHL, he has been a far less impactful player this season than last and appears almost tentative in compare.   His team was a preseason selection as a top 5 CHL team for Memorial Cup and are instead struggling to make the playoffs with largely same lineup.

As a 16 year old in WHL he turned many heads by scoring 6 goals and amassing 27 points over 60 low minute games.

As as 17 year old he was dominant and in 67 games he had 26 goals and 71 points in regular season and followed by 26 points in 22 playoff games and an OT loss away from M Cup.

As a draft 18 year old he is on pace (projected to same 67 games ) to score 6 goals and get 42 points.    Pretty pedestrian.   

Hope for his sake the observations I am hearing and the statistics I can see are just bumps in the road.  I was fortunate to watch WJC live and he was NOT that impressive and far from best D on Canada let alone even in top 10 in the tournament.

I watched him in a playoff game against the Royals last year.

I was not overwhelmed by his play but he did make the score sheet quite regularly.

made me wonder if I was missing something that the pro scouts could see.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who do you find funny? Generally curious.

Most late night (comedian) shows are garbage these days, shoving politics down our throats like the rest of the media. We don't care about politics.

• Cheers 1

Just now, J-23 said:

Most late night (comedian) shows are garbage these days, shoving politics down our throats like the rest of the media. We don't care about politics.

Was I asking you? Just kidding.

Who do you find funny though? Conan doesn't seem to do too much politics, especially when compared to Seth Meyers and others.

• Haha 1

I love the idea of adding a d man like Bryam.  Who wouldn't.  

Honestly with Pearson, Virtannen, Miller, Horvat and Petersson up front atm, with Lind, Hogslander, Podz in the pipeline and Gaudette trending upwards, a glut of forward talent does exist.  

Brock would have incredible trade value.  But I don't think JB goes this way.  

Maybe he moves out some forwards in the off season, but dealing Brock... that would be tough.  

It would solve our cap, we do have the depth and it would solidify our defence.  I do think that if Brock was dealt, it would not be for a prospect.  Player for player, need for need.  

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Was I asking you? Just kidding.

Who do you find funny though? Conan doesn't seem to do too much politics, especially when compared to Seth Meyers and others.

Tbh nobody on Tv anymore, I've heard the Netflix comedian specials were good but I haven't got around to them.

12 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Hard no.

You don't trade a core piece for futures when the team is having success. Imagine how de-moralizing that'd be for the rest of the team.

Gimme a break.   It is not like the young budding superstar for the team is so close to Boeser that he would donate prize money from ASG to a charity in honour of Brock's dad sort of close.    It's not like the team has been drafting/signing with character of individual as key metric.

Sheesh, get real.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who do you find funny? Generally curious.

I have been watching the tv show Shameless lately

I laugh my A44 off at that show.

As far as stand up goes, I never really remember who I thought was funny

some comics are good and others not so much, but I rarely remmeber any of their names

let me tink on that and I'll try to give a beter answer

edit, maybe I'll learn to spell too

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Gimme a break.   It is not like the young budding superstar for the team is so close to Boeser that he would donate prize money from ASG to a charity in honour of Brock's dad sort of close.    It's not like the team has been drafting/signing with character of individual as key metric.

Sheesh, get real.

I don't think it would be demoralizing in the sense that they would miss Brock with crocodile tears, but now is not the time to trade for futures.

We traded futures for Miller, so trading Brock for futures is kind of 1 step forward- one step back.

Likewise trading Brock for Byram does not make sense because Byram is too far away, Brock for Dumba makes more (Immediate) sense.

• Upvote 1