The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boeser to COL

aGENT

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

I don't think it would be demoralizing in the sense that they would miss Brock with crocodile tears, but now is not the time to trade for futures.

We traded futures for Miller, so trading Brock for futures is kind of 1 step forward- one step back.

Likewise trading Brock for Byram does not make sense because Byram is too far away, Brock for Dumba makes more (Immediate) sense.

Crocodile tears?   You think the tight bond the Canuck young core projects is fake?

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Crocodile tears?   You think the tight bond the Canuck young core projects is fake?

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

no, I think they genuinely like each other, maybe Crocodile was the wrong term. I meant Big genuine tears of dispair.

BUt I do not think this group is so fragile that one trade would send them into a swoon either.

I JUST THIK THAT IF A TRADE IS MADE AT THIS POINT  (00ps)  that the team needs a return

Sending Brock away and replacing him with Leivo or Schaller (for this season) does not make sense after trading for Miller with a draft pick

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

no, I think they genuinely like each other, maybe Crocodile was the wrong term. I meant Big genuine tears of dispair.

BUt I do not think this group is so fragile that one trade would send them into a swoon either.

I JUST THIK THAT IF A TRADE IS MADE AT THIS POINT  (00ps)  that the team needs a return

Sending Brock away and replacing him with Leivo or Schaller (for this season) does not make sense after trading for Miller with a draft pick

I agree with everything here except the fragile part.  I remember being in my young 20s and how much the business side of sport was not that real yet and when a good friend, perhaps closest friend, was ripped from your day-to-day life it hurt.   It impacted  you in ways that it shouldn't but did.  You dwell and start to think more about the 'business" and it can lead to distraction and you can lose some edge.   I am convinced it impacted some really promising careers from what I could see in my own experience.   I know everyone is supposed to be "professional" and "they are paid so much" etc. etc. but these are humans....they are young and they are still new to the "business" side and though they are used to all the changes in players through their development, the NHL/pro life is like no other in the amount of time you spend with each other.   Even a wrong "roommate" on the road as a rookie can mess with your play.

I think the concept of TEAM is more important than most do.  I may well be wrong.   I also think this team has a core that likes each other, plays for each other and will go the extra mile for each other and messing with that mix BEFORE they have been able to truly form and demonstrate their collective ceiling would be an error.   Just my feeling.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I agree with everything here except the fragile part.  I remember being in my young 20s and how much the business side of sport was not that real yet and when a good friend, perhaps closest friend, was ripped from your day-to-day life it hurt.   It impacted  you in ways that it shouldn't but did.  You dwell and start to think more about the 'business" and it can lead to distraction and you can lose some edge.   I am convinced it impacted some really promising careers from what I could see in my own experience.   I know everyone is supposed to be "professional" and "they are paid so much" etc. etc. but these are humans....they are young and they are still new to the "business" side and though they are used to all the changes in players through their development, the NHL/pro life is like no other in the amount of time you spend with each other.   Even a wrong "roommate" on the road as a rookie can mess with your play.

I think the concept of TEAM is more important than most do.  I may well be wrong.   I also think this team has a core that likes each other, plays for each other and will go the extra mile for each other and messing with that mix BEFORE they have been able to truly form and demonstrate their collective ceiling would be an error.   Just my feeling.

I have no real experience in that aspect, but I believe what you say.

I think that is why I don't think a Brock for futures is a good idea.

if he was traded for a player at least the team sees that the deal was done to improve the team 

now if they all hated the new guy... then you would have the basis for problems, if they like him , so much the better.

on a side not its funny how any Russian player is used as a carrot for bringing Tryamkin back

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

I don't think it would be demoralizing in the sense that they would miss Brock with crocodile tears, but now is not the time to trade for futures.

We traded futures for Miller, so trading Brock for futures is kind of 1 step forward- one step back.

Likewise trading Brock for Byram does not make sense because Byram is too far away, Brock for Dumba makes more (Immediate) sense.

1 hour ago, Vanisleryan said:

If we trade Boeser for anyone, I’d rather try and do a trade with the wild for Zucker and Dumba, we’d have to add....maybe stetcher plus.

Eww no. We already have Hughes, we don't need Dumba (never mind adding).

If we were trading for 'now' D, I'd be targeting the likes of Parayko, Provorov, Werenski etc. 

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Isn't Bryam a LD? We need help on the opposite side, unless we want to play Hughes out of position (we don't).

Hughes is quite capable of playing either side. The way he plays is practically built for it in fact.

Colorado will be in cap hell in a few years, if they trade for Boeser.

Landeskog, Makar, Zadorov, Burakovsky, Grubauer, and possibly Timmins (if he pans out) will all need to be re-sign within the next two years. After that, they’ll need to re-sign Boeser and after that MacKinnon. 

Trading for Boeser also means using a protection spot on him (unless they decide not to). Whereas, Bryam wouldn’t need to be protected.

I would love to have a high end defensive prospect like him. So I do like such a target.

I also see a good chance that between Pods and Hogs that we have an upcoming replacement on the horizon.

It is just that in our team has good chemistry now, and shipping off Petey's good friend (and a really good guy in general) in my eyes should only be done if the return was pretty much guaranteed to make us better, and soon. I feel there is some real risk that Byram may not be all he was hyped up to be, and even if he does make it, I imagine we won't see him in the NHL for another 2-3 years. 

Then there is the point of Colorado's future cap issues, which is true enough.

So basically, I don't really see it - though I really would he excited to see Byram in a Canucks sweater.