The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's effectively an inner provincial microcosm of the west vs Ottawa issue right now honestly.

I'm all for the protests.  Honestly, ramp it up even.  Stand out side of the homes of politicians and CEO's do what ya gotta.  But ffs stop screwing over EVERYONE to do it and whining about it the moment the roads are clear and you're free to care again

The cause often becomes irrelevant if it’s not personal.

It’s like the wildfires of 2017.  Vancouver folks really felt offended by the smoke but most were shocked to learn about the 10s of thousands of people in their own province who had been evacuated and/or lost their homes/livelihoods/everything.

5 hours ago, gurn said:

I have no problem with people protesting. It is a constitutional right. 

However I believe the right to protest has to respect my freedom of movement.

Take your protest off the damn street, fill the lawn at the courthouse or art gallery but stay off the damn roads. Somebody is going to die, or lose a limb because of these road blocks.

Then a relative of the person that died will get a van and drive over multiple protesters. This is leading to a dark place.

I'm happy with what I see. I hope the BC economy hurts a little bit more.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Except for those here that think climate change is real and is threatening our planet........  the so called pro business posters are really just climate change deniers....

Don't lump all the pro GAS pipelines people into the tinfoil hat crazy climate change deniers.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Don't lump all the pro GAS pipelines people into the tinfoil hat crazy climate change deniers.   

Finally something we can agree on. I find it. So strange environmentalist would be against this because this project will bring down Global emissions significantly.

• Cheers 2

Well pretty much no trains are running now.  Almost a billion worth of product gets moved around via rail each day, thats a lot of money and product (food, etc.) that isn't moving each day.

Also the West Coast Express being shut down is awful.  Lady on the news was trying to find a way back to Mission so she could pick up her 2 kids because she had no one else who could go and grab them.  Like thats a MASSIVE problem, 5000+ people use it daily, they can't get home to families, etc.  Thats bloody ridiculous, they need to start getting these people off the roads.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Well pretty much no trains are running now.  Almost a billion worth of product gets moved around via rail each day, thats a lot of money and product (food, etc.) that isn't moving each day.

Also the West Coast Express being shut down is awful.  Lady on the news was trying to find a way back to Mission so she could pick up her 2 kids because she had no one else who could go and grab them.  Like thats a MASSIVE problem, 5000+ people use it daily, they can't get home to families, etc.  Thats bloody ridiculous, they need to start getting these people off the roads.

Yah, it's beyond pathetic. 20 bands support the pipe line except for one if I'm not wrong. The Wet'suwet'en band isn't well liked by others from what I'm told :mellow:

Edited by kurtis
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kurtis said:

It's funny because many of my native friends are calling these protesters scum... A lot of the protesters don't even know what they are protesting about. 

A lot of the pro gas and oil supporters don't even know about climate change.....

2 hours ago, kurtis said:

Yah, it's beyond pathetic. 20 bands support the pipe line except for one if I'm not wrong. The Wet'suwet'en band isn't well liked by others from what I'm told :mellow:

Its not a popularity contest......  this is not highschool......

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Perfect. We are going to further hurt the Canadian economy, beautiful. Boy, the last decade in this country is being such a treat. The money we have lost could have created a rich Nation.

China has 4.5 million Millionaires...... you wanna live there.... ?

Edited by kingofsurrey