The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Wayne Simmonds to Sabres for conditional 2021 5th-round pick

5 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Why on Earth is Buffalo buying? Botterill trying to save his job?

They need to fix their room or Buffalo will just continue to spin their wheels.  Lots of frustration and it doesn’t look like a tight team.  Reinhart’s comments about players needing to look into the mirror.  Simmonds brings leaderhip.

Edited by mll

Can Buffalo retain another 25 or 50 percent and then turn around and sell him to Benning for a good prospect and a draft pick?

So NJ retains 50%, Buff retains another big percentage...brings down the cap hit.....

Is that possible?

13 minutes ago, D-Money said:

...Why???

Yeah this one's a head scratcher. One depth vet for two months is not going to fix what's wrong in BUF it that's what they're thinking. And they certainly don't need him for their playoff run...

Only thing I can think of is flipping him...?

Edited by aGENT

Just now, Darius said:

Can Buffalo retain another 25 or 50 percent and then turn around and sell him to Benning for a good prospect and a draft pick?

So NJ retains 50%, Buff retains another big percentage...brings down the cap hit.....

Is that possible?

it is. but idk why Benning would pay anymore than what another team already paid.

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

it is. but idk why Benning would pay anymore than what another team already paid.

coz instead of 5 million all the sudden he is only getting paid 1.5 to 2 million if BUffalo retains salary?  Makes him more valuable...

Just guessing

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Yeah this one's a head scratcher. One depth vet for two months is not going to fix what's wrong in BUF it that's what they're thinking. And they certainly don't need him for their playoff run...

Only thing I can think of is flipping him...?

They have to start somewhere.  Don’t see a different reason to acquire him. 

Just now, Darius said:

coz instead of 5 million all the sudden he is only getting paid 1.5 to 2 million if BUffalo retains salary?  Makes him more valuable...

Just guessing

not worth a prospect like Juolevi. Benning could also just wait them out till the end and get him for the exact same ask if buffalo didn't actually want him.

Just now, mll said:

They have to start somewhere.  Don’t see a different reason to acquire him. 

Sure I guess...? But two months of a now 4th liner is not going to fix that team's problems. I suppose you're right if they end up extending him but....

To flip him elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

not worth a prospect like Juolevi. Benning could also just wait them out till the end and get him for the exact same ask if buffalo didn't actually want him.

only reason i brought it up was i was reading that because of Cap issues and the possibility that Brock comes back early they couldnt afford Simmonds...if NJ retains, and Buf retains salary this could get the payment down low enough for the Canucks to fit him in.

I just hope Benning stays out of this!  haha

Edited by Darius