The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

the difference is that in one scenario your playing the game in the other your watching the game

I believe in emotion in playing the game trust me I know I played till I was 22 

but negative emotions well watching a game seriously 

Reasonable statement 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Then why the &^@# are you hoping for losses, pal dude buddy, guy man?

So in the pregame "coaching speach" you give to 4 year olds..... nevermind. Just don't tell them it's okay to lose BEFORE the game. Tell em it's okay AFTER they lose, coach buddy dude guy.

Take off

I tell them to go have fun, 

here is a mind blower, talent is learned, but not taught

when kids have fun playing that is when kids learn to do all the tricks these players do 

you can teach structure, you can teach defence, but all you can do is encourage talent

and this is what I tell other coaches

my four year old can skate circles around 7-8 olds the reason is I tell him to try the things he sees Hockey players do, we watch past all star games and I tell him try that, doesn't that look fun

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If my kid ever cheered for a Leafs goal, little man finna have to find himself a new home. 

Well my son's a sens fan because of the wife. 

One of the Dad's from my son's team is a diehard nucks fan, wife from toronto, kid's a leafs fan.

It happens. You'll still love em

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Green after the loss - "ARI is a good team, they needed this win too and had something to play for, it came down to a few lucky bounces, but I thought we played well."

or they could win

Save this quote ... it is totally recyclable

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I tell them to go have fun, 

here is a mind blower, talent is learned, but not taught

when kids have fun playing that is when kids learn to do all the tricks these players do 

you can teach structure, you can teach defence, but all you can do is encourage talent

and this is what I tell other coaches

my four year old can skate circles around 7-8 olds the reason is I tell him to try the things he sees Hockey players do, we watch past all star games and I tell him try that, doesn't that look fun

Omg, you're a revolutionary coach, like really.

I've been coaching youth sports for 8 years and I never thought once about telling them to go out there and have fun.

Never

Because that's not like only thing they're supposed to do. How'd I miss that? Pal

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Then why the &^@# are you hoping for losses, pal dude buddy, guy man?

So in the pregame "coaching speach" you give to 4 year olds..... nevermind. Just don't tell them it's okay to lose BEFORE the game. Tell em it's okay AFTER they lose, coach buddy dude guy.

Take off

I don't hope for loses I just see them coming 

So I will cheer for the Canucks and what they are good at

I truly found that last game impressive, that was one hell of an impressive loss

8 mins left to go up 3-1 and they allow 4 goals

that is the definition of impressive 

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

One of the Dad's from my son's team is a diehard nucks fan, wife from toronto, kid's a leafs fan.

Having a leafs fan in the family gives many opportunities to publicly shame that family member that ya probably don’t really like that much anyway.

amirite

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If my kid ever cheered for a Leafs goal, little man finna have to find himself a new home. 

you know you could just smile if you kid cheered for the Leafs

Also I don't hate the leafs or Boston or any team I don't even dislike them without them it Just wouldn't be the same game

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You make it work. Best just not to talk hockey at the dinner table and stick to less contentious topics like American politics.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Ok guys back on track here. 

I think the best thing Green did in TO was not pull Demko after those 2 gimme goals. I felt for the guy man. I think that was a good move. Like it was a message saying no Demmer you’re our guy you battle through this. I think it’s going to give him a boost vs the Yotes. There’s no reason to believe he can’t put this together. He’s played well for us in the past and he’s learning on the fly.

To the guys going to the game, show your support and get loud when he makes a save :towel:

No way this fan base wants him pulled and a Zamboni driver to take his place

If this fan base controlled the Canucks their would be full team turn overs every two years

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

you know you could just smile if you kid cheered for the Leafs

Also I don't hate the leafs or Boston or any team I don't even dislike them without them it Just wouldn't be the same game

Fan of the sport and of the players, then the team. 
Brother from another. 

• Cheers 1