The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

6 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

the difference is that in one scenario your playing the game in the other your watching the game

I believe in emotion in playing the game trust me I know I played till I was 22 

but negative emotions well watching a game seriously 

So...how about them thar Canucks!!

I sure hope they win on Wednesday night.  :frantic:

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Soooo... good on you and your phenom son, sure his actual coaches have nothing to do with that too.  Yes in pee-wee you tell the kids to have fun. 

At the NHL level though?  TG "just go out there and have fun boys - we are looking to add Lafrenniere plans have changed". 

We need to make some roster changes and ice the all-fun have a good time on the ice, relax you'll give yourself a heart attack, not everything is a competition lineup if we want to see this culture really change for the better.

G

G

Mathieu Schneider - Shane O'Brien

D - D

D - D

Eriksson - Mark Messier - Wellwood

Prust - Kassian - Fedor Fedorov

F - F - F

F - F - F

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

That’s total bs. Before this 3 game slide we were 7-4-2 since the break.

And they were 11-3 before the break, so even though the word is not "treading" the Canucks have been trending downward since the break. When you have a 14 game stretch where you go 11-3 and then follow that up with a 14 game stretch where you go 7-5-2 that's trending in the wrong direction.

18 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

And they were 11-3 before the break, so even though the word is not "treading" the Canucks have been trending downward since the break. When you have a 14 game stretch where you go 11-3 and then follow that up with a 14 game stretch where you go 7-5-2 that's trending in the wrong direction.

I don’t think it’s realistic to believe that over an 82 game season a team will be trending in the right direction all throughout. 

1 minute ago, Sikhguy23 said:

I don’t think it’s realistic to believe that over an 82 game season a team will be trending in the right direction all throughout. 

Of course not, that wouldn't be a trend at all it would just be the whole time of the season. A trend looks at a subject (the NHL season) and breaks it up to see "how things are going"  during various parts of the season. The 14 games before the break the Canucks were on an upward trend the subsequent 14 they were on a downward trend. 

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

We need to make some roster changes and ice the all-fun have a good time on the ice, relax you'll give yourself a heart attack, not everything is a competition lineup if we want to see this culture really change for the better.

G

G

Mathieu Schneider - Shane O'Brien

D - D

D - D

Eriksson - Mark Messier - Wellwood

Prust - Kassian - Fedor Fedorov

F - F - F

F - F - F

I see there is room for Sanguinetti and Duco

23 minutes ago, Darius said:

aw common Neil, you throwing in the towel already?

No just prepared for the worst. I just hope the boys can pull themselves together and battle. That loss was a massive blow to team morality. I still have faith! 

• Cheers 1

Did this up to show how important these games are:

CGY 15 75 pts 15GR: CBJ, ARI, VGK, NYI, WPG, NYR, NYI, NJD, TB, SJS, ANA, VAN, WPG, VGK, EDM
VAN 74pts 17GR: ARI, COL, CBJ, NYI, ARI, COL, WPG, TB, ANA,LAK, VGK, SJS, CGY,ANA,DAL, ARI, VGK
NSH 72pts 17GR: MIN, DAL, DAL, MTL, TOR, CBJ, MIN,COL,PHI, CHI, WPG,LAK,ARI, COL, MTL, PHI, MIN
WPG 72pts 15GR: BUF, VGK, ARI, EDM, CGY, VAN, FLA, MIN, DAL,NSH,COL, VGK, CGY, COL, ARI
ARI 72pts 15GR: VAN, CGY, WPG, VAN, NYR, DAL, VGK, DET,LAK, VGK,NSH, SJS, COL, VAN, WPG
MIN 71pts 17GR: NSH, SJS, LAK, ANA, VGK, PHI, NSH, CHI, CHI, WPG, COL, NJD, BUF, STL, NYI, WSH, NSH

ARI = 1 CGY, 2 WPG, 1 NSH, 3 VAN:  Most points they can get= 16pts,OTL= 8pts
NSH= 3 MIN, 1 WPG, 1 ARI: Most pts they can get= 10pts, OTL= 5pts
WPG= 2 ARI, 2 CGY, 1 VAN: Most pts they can get= 10pts, OTL= 5pts
MIN= 3 NSH, 1 WPG: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts
CGY= 1 ARI, 2 WPG, 1 VAN: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts
VAN = 3 ARI, 1WPG, 1 CGY: Most pts they can get= 10pts, OTL= 5pts

ARI MAX = 88pts, ARI MID = 80pts, ARI LOW=72pts GR= 8
CGY MAX= 83pts, CGY MID = 79pts, CGY LOW= 75pts GR= 11
NSH MAX= 82pts, NSH MID= 77pts, NSH LOW= 72pts GR= 13
WPG MAX= 82pts, WPG MID= 77pts, WPG LOW= 72pts GR= 10
MIN MAX= 79pts, MIN MID= 75pts, MIN LOW= 71pts GR= 13
VAN MAX= 84pts, VAN MIN= 79pts, Van Low= 74pts GR= 12

Things I take away from this.... Calgary really are not in a great position. Arizona is in for some very important games that could actually lead them into the playoffs or screw them over entirely. WPG is really not that big of a threat to us. the ones that scare me the most are MIN and NSH.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NeilColville said:

No just prepared for the worst. I just hope the boys can pull themselves together and battle. That loss was a massive blow to team morality. I still have faith! 

If this team looses again tonight with little effort, how much faith will still be left in the tank?

This is about as must win as it gets. Not only for points but just for overall morale. Boys gotta wake up and play. No slow start, no letting off the gas in the 3rd. Arizona is a team that struggles to score. We can't be giving up beach ball goals against. Or crucial late game PPs. Keep breakaways to a minimum. I don't care if the game is boring to watch. We need wins, especially against divisional rivals.