The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I thought that Virtanen was double shifted in the last 5 minutes of the game?  I know he wasn't out for the last minute but he looked pretty tired to me after he came off on the last shift.  

I hope you're right, maybe I didn't notice him as he was away from the play of the puck....?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Internet fanbase doesn't care about anything more then the boxscore.  How many points did this guy get?  

Who cares about fundamentals, let's get a high scoring guy!  

This team lacks defensive structure (that's on coaching) but also good two-way players.  Gaudette and Zack could really use more time in the AHL.  I love their effort but they're not ready to be on a team contending for the playoffs right now.  I think that Gaudette might've hit the rookie wall some 10 games ago.  

Stecher should be a 7th d-man.  Fanta has played okay this season and Benn just hasn't played well at all after the first 20 games.  

Well said Arrow, speed, talent and high danger passing is what this fanbase loves.  You live by the sword, you die by the sword. 

What every one has to remember is that this is year 1 of a 8-12 year window maybe even more Ovie didn't get the Defensive structure game for years why this fan base thinks this team shouldn't have these issues or get frustrated when they do is be on me

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

This 

I have been saying this all year 

he stands there like a deer in the headlights frozen in moment 

he dies not coach. Period. Makes zero in game adjustments. No communication with the players 

just stands there and smirks 

Agree.  Been saying it all year as well.  Sad to say, but to still make the playoffs, it may be that the best thing now is for the Canucks to lose a big one next game, to force ownership to make the change before it's too late.  Players have tuned him out.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Do the players fear Green?  Do they even respect him?  How many of our so called leader veterans play soft, and get away with it?  

I thought that Sutter was the only veteran today that played soft.  I didn't mind any other forward's game. 

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Not really. If I remember correctly, the Blues dominated us that one game. Odd man rushes every single play, we are lucky we survived that game. They won the cup for a reason.

There team would absolutely oliberate Baum’s defensive strategy. Don’t see us winning one game against them tbh.

One loss against the Blues, that was a 2-1 in OT. I think we're 2-0-1 against them this season. 4-3, 3-1 and 1-2. I think we match up pretty well against them. With Marky of course.

6 minutes ago, ey40 said:

They should have learned that after the Ottawa game, or the Toronto game, or the CBJ game. Heck I would go even further to the Penguins game where they blow a 6-2(?) lead. They are professional, they played competitive hockey their whole life so they should have known what it takes to up their game at the most crucial time. If they are still learning to do that at the professional stage, the team is in a big big trouble.

Perhaps, but I see a team playing with the same "pace", thinking that it's worked all year for them. Good playoff teams have learnt to dig deeper and play outside their comfort zone when the need arises. This team is still learning. They are going to have to keep digging down to win again. Then learn to do it consistently.

I'm not worried, either they make the playoffs (hopefully) or they regroup next year.

How about that Motte kid tonight?  Hell of a game...  he's the second guy I'm re-signing this off-season after Marky. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do the players fear Green?  Do they even respect him?  How many of our so called leader veterans play soft, and get away with it?  

Hey you have 6 goals Roussel, you should be out there ahead of Pettersson. How do you respect that?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

Casuals . . er, um, Canucks . . are just doing what they historically excel at, namely, folding in the last quarter of the season. It’s what they’ve been doing for (most of) the past fifty years, so let’s not feign surprise.

On the bright side: MLB is just three weeks away!!! Go

Team Garrett!

Happy 50th!!!

Edited by Orland70