The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

Best time to go on a losing streak. This is getting bad.

It sucks.  But I'm not surprised.  We've lost 4 in a row since Markie (our all star goalie and possibly mvp) went down.  Add Boeser, Myers, and Hughes (playing hurt) to the injury list and it's a tall order to remain a playoff contender.  It's a challenge for any team to lose so many key players like that and still be competitive.  And it seems to happen to us every season!  Except this season it's happening at the worst possible time!

The relaxed state of the team is scary. You are on the brink of being out of the playoffs. You should be angry and taking it to teams. That first is not what I call taking it to teams. Roussel has 6 goals on the year. He's out there for the last 2 min. Oh green is on the podium. Happy go lucky. I love our game tonight. Does not hold anyone accountable. We as coaches are frustrated a little bit. He said it people. Our coach. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Club has moved a first, second, third and a top prospect to load up this year.......

Miller is signed for three more years and anyone with a brain would do that trade time and time again, so no.

• Cheers 2

Woulda been nice to have Myers back there.

That first goal... was unlucky. That was the weirdest projectory u can expect from something deflected from the side of the net. The puck just came around the net, too. 

Bad mistake by Stetch in that 2nd goal. Focus has never been an issue with him but that one was just bad. 

These Refs were bush league. Given their performance tonight, they deserve to be called out. 

Literally, that  one ref was defending alongside a Coyote when JV came 1v2 on them. 

3rd goal was just bad... Benn lost his guy, tried to risk blocking the shot and missed. That screened Demmer. 

And Sutter, covering 2 players, went for the guy close to the hash mark, losing Crouse. 

I don't agree with putting Roussel out in that last shift. That was also pretty bad. 

Bad result at a bad time. 

• Like 1

D is not good enough.  Watched parts of the philly game.  Their d has 43 goals.  Great puck movers , don’t handle the puck like a grenade.

we need to upgrade 3 d men.  

anyhow, if they fail down the stretch heads are gonna roll.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tell Kelly I said hi said:

First post in about 6 years. Just dropping by to say Fire Benning. Cap Hell + Terrible Team is a bad situation he has put this franchise in.

Hell no, I love what Benning's done with the team.  

Our best players (except for JT and Marky) are 21 and 20 years old.  We are going to make the playoffs this year and get bounced out in the first round.  Next year we're going to become a contender. 
Two years from now we will be a contender with tons of good young players coming in on ELC to push us over the edge.  

The only contracts that I don't like besides Loui are Boeser's and Sutter's. Cap is going up this off-season so we should be fine. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, the key person who was  in our organization Trev Linden agrees with you i would think.... 

And it looks like Bracket, who drafted all our top young guys, is following Trevor’s lead.  

• Cheers 1

"I liked our game again tonight. And some people might not like me saying that, but man, that was a hockey game. Felt like a playoff game. I thought both teams played well. They got two lucky bounces and that's what it came down to. I'd imagine the guys are frustrated. I know as coaches we are. We've played three good hockey games in a row. That's the way hockey goes sometimes. This one will sting for awhile, but that's alright. Unfortunate we didn't win." - Green

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

In CB that was an 8 min break down of the defensive zone coverage 

This was a whole period, 

1) they where chasing the score in the beginning

2) they where pushing to win it

3) a total collapse after they fell behind

Well both games made me sick to the stomach. 

The interesting part of this all

what this fan base loves about this team is also killing them late in games

Speed, Talent, High quality but also highly dangerous passes

What the team lacks is a balance between all that and the Defensive structure

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

The first is CONDITIONAL so not this year if we miss the playoffs. This has been explained to you multiple times. 

So you are saying the club has not traded a first round draft pick..  Really ?  I want some of what you drank...

• Wat 3

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Miller is signed for three more years and anyone with a brain would do that trade time and time again, so no.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The first is CONDITIONAL so not this year if we miss the playoffs. This has been explained to you multiple times. 

Nobody gonna mention the fact this guy called Madden a top prospect? Lol.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

And the pick is conditional. May not be this years pick if we miss. 

But Benning haters gonna Benning hate.