The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi Arabia declares oil price war on fellow OPEC (and non OPEC)members.

nuckin_futz

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Point 1.  He is asking for national subsidization for a year to 2 years of a private industry.  These large, hands out and asking companies; are still producing.  Are still producing in other markets.  But want money from taxpayers for a situation that is literally the cause of market forces.  Forces many experts have been claiming were a certainty for a while now.  To clarify, national subsidization for multi national companies still churning out profits and producing oil in other parts of the world with better break even prices.

No.  Give that money to small producers of 50 employees or less and to all those out of work in the energy sector right now.  These larger companies should fold or survive based on their own balance sheets.  There is nothing conservative about bailing out companies due to basic market forces many predicted were coming if OPEC wanted to play hardball.  If these companies STILL want tax dollars they can sign over full percentages of ownership to the fed.  See if they still have the stomach for it.

Point 2.  Quoting Trump in ANYTHING is a joke.  He is literally the only reason oil is moving in America.  he is threatening tariffs on oil coming in from canada, to saudi arabia.  HIs 2.2 trillion bailout apparently left hundreds of thousands to millions of small businesses without a dime but large corporations received their 10% to 13%  Trump is now ready to pay these producers to keep their oil in the ground.  Trump is literally ready to subsidize massive multi national producers in the permian and bakkan fields to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.  When this guy makes statements like that and whines nothing is being done in comparison here in canada he is an idiot with no credibility.

Money is flowing in to Alberta, transfer payments have doubled in less than 5 years, a pipeline was bought, almost 2 billion was earmarked to clean up the mess of the corporations who told landowners and municipalities to shove it when they wanted their lease money and threaten o leave every other month since the energy downturn started in late 2014.

We all know Alberta is hurting but why the hell would we risk throwing tens of billions of our dollars at a problem that will need tens of billions of dollars more in 3 months while a good portion of these companies waiting with hands out; STILL produce outside of canada?

By the way, stateside on Tuesday, President Donald Trump promises a financial lifeline to the oilpatch down there.

“We will never let the great U.S. oil and gas industry down,” says Trump.

Can you hear Trudeau speak those words? There’s a simple question with a simple answer.

No.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

By the way, stateside on Tuesday, President Donald Trump promises a financial lifeline to the oilpatch down there.

“We will never let the great U.S. oil and gas industry down,” says Trump.

Can you hear Trudeau speak those words? There’s a simple question with a simple answer.

No.

Ya, I read that.  

I literally posted my response to it.  It's stupid.  US Shale has peaked already and any number of companies were ready to die in the next two years but are getting massive US handouts instead.  

Amazing how certain areas of the nation are all of a sudden for government subsidization of energy though.  Almost like, they want a plan for energy on the national level, but without the actual benefits of a national energy plan.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Ya, I read that.  

I literally posted my response to it.  It's stupid.  US Shale has peaked already and any number of companies were ready to die in the next two years but are getting massive US handouts instead.  

Amazing how certain areas of the nation are all of a sudden for government subsidization of energy though.  Almost like, they want a plan for energy on the national level, but without the actual benefits of a national energy plan.

Never mind anyone arguing that we should actually be emulating ANYTHING that orange idiot says/does.

He's like the George Costanza of politics. Do the opposite of what his initial instincts are.

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ya, I read that.  

:huh:

Geez I can't imagine why companies aren't lining up to sell their product at a discount..

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Never mind anyone arguing that we should actually be emulating ANYTHING that orange idiot says/does.

He's like the George Costanza of politics. Do the opposite of what his initial instincts are.

Didn't he have the lowest unemployment since like ww2?

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's planning to pay companies to not produce, taxpayer money for corporations to do literally nothing

Great fiscal responsibility

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's planning to pay companies to not produce, taxpayer money for corporations to do literally nothing

Trump is something new... corporate fascist fits maybe? he's organized the operations of the white house around feeding specific companies that benefit him, and weaponized government communication.  

He's so far from what republicans once were in the US, just think about things like Nixon started the EPA, Reagan and Mulroney dealt with acid rain, Trump? takes a steaming $&!# on anything that doesn't line his pockets. And they love him for it. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yet they're lining up for hand-outs

Almost seems fair considering what they provide to Canadian coffers. 

Funny when it's BC lumber industry, bombardier, cbc, air Canada you don't have an issue. You did have an issue with the auto sector but that's because JT wasn't PM. After what you posted of JT recently I think it's clear you have as big of crush on him as Trumps daughter does.

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's called driving the price up. An ndper who praised the BC ndp of the 90s talking about fiscal responsibility. :lol::picard:

Albertans...  the new Newfies of Canada.  

Now that Alberta is almost become a have not province....  sucking federal dollars from all our wallets.  

Can BC and Ontario ask to pay less taxes to Ottawa... I am quickly getting sick of propping up Alberta social  welfare systems...

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I thought you would like it.:ph34r:

hey here's an idea... why not take billions for AB economic diversification into things that aren't negative value on the market or subject to Saudi whims? 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

hey here's an idea... why not take billions for AB economic diversification into things that aren't negative value on the market or subject to Saudi whims? 

But wait if we do that will we make enough to carry Canada economically?

Will there be trickle down businesses and jobs all over the nation?

Your plan is pretty short sighted. Also considering what the energy industry has done for all of Canada why do you think it's fair to let them die? If the oil was in southern BC, Ontario or Quebec you would be wanting a massive bailout. Why not admit you guys hate Alberta and just love the handouts from Alberta though.

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Albertans...  the new Newfies of Canada.  

Now that Alberta is almost become a have not province....  sucking federal dollars from all our wallets.  

Can BC and Ontario ask to pay less taxes to Ottawa... I am quickly getting sick of propping up Alberta social  welfare systems...

Can we get our 650 billion dollars back? I'm sick of propping up a whole country.