Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi Arabia declares oil price war on fellow OPEC (and non OPEC)members.


nuckin_futz
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

But wait if we do that will we make enough to carry Canada economically?

Will there be trickle down businesses and jobs all over the nation?

Your plan is pretty short sighted. Also considering what the energy industry has done for all of Canada why do you think it's fair to let them die? If the oil was in southern BC, Ontario or Quebec you would be wanting a massive bailout. Why not admit you guys hate Alberta and just love the handouts from Alberta though.

diversification is 'short sighted'? :blink: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Almost seems fair considering what they provide to Canadian coffers. 

Funny when it's BC lumber industry, bombardier, cbc, air Canada you don't have an issue. You did have an issue with the auto sector but that's because JT wasn't PM. After what you posted of JT recently I think it's clear you have as big of crush on him as Trumps daughter does.

Show me where I said that I think it's ok for these items to receive taxpayer money.  CBC is about the only entity I agree with

 

I dare you to try. Like triple dig dare you to try.

 

As for the rest, no.  At least when Quebec comes asking for a handout it's for their people not their corporations.  How pathetic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's called driving the price up. An ndper who praised the BC ndp of the 90s talking about fiscal responsibility. :lol::picard:

Strawman with zero basis of fact or any bearing on This conversation.

 

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

One would sure hope considering they were coming out of the worst recession in like 80 years.

Caused by a guy who was still leaps and bounds ahead of the person whose lead you want Canada to follow

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

But wait if we do that will we make enough to carry Canada economically?

Will there be trickle down businesses and jobs all over the nation?

Your plan is pretty short sighted. Also considering what the energy industry has done for all of Canada why do you think it's fair to let them die? If the oil was in southern BC, Ontario or Quebec you would be wanting a massive bailout. Why not admit you guys hate Alberta and just love the handouts from Alberta though.

Did you really just say diversification is short sighted?  How's oil and only oil working out?

 

Alberta has handed nobody a thing.  Taxpayers have though.  Alberta in fact threatened numerous other provinces over the last 40 years though.

 

If oil was anywhere else I'd be saying the same.  No handouts.  Gigantic red herring.  Well done

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Can we get our 650 billion dollars back? I'm sick of propping up a whole country. 

What $650 billion again?  Who is we?  You mean taxpayers right?  Or are you STILL under the ignorant impression that Alberta cuts a cheque labeled equalization instead of it being derived from taxes paid?

 

Gigantic whine coupled with minor red herring

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious.  Is anyone actually on board with bailing out corporations in an industry that will just need more money in 3 months, instead of helping the actual people affected by it?

 

I'd much rather commit that money to the people affected and allow these corporations to fly or fold under their own balance sheets

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just curious.  Is anyone actually on board with bailing out corporations in an industry that will just need more money in 3 months, instead of helping the actual people affected by it?

 

I'd much rather commit that money to the people affected and allow these corporations to fly or fold under their own balance sheets

Nope.  It's like cutting cheques for coal. An industry that will die out.  I'm not even sure I'm for the case that if a company wants our money, we get a percentage of said company.   And no selling off at a loss just to balance the budget like Harper did with the GM stock we got as part of the 08 bailouts. 

 

I'm more for the idea that "bailout" money should go towards infrastructure projects.  New roads, rail, alternative energy projects.   Let's build for the future, not hang on to the past.  Because China and India are not waiting.   They're leaders in alternative energy projects.   Posted the source for this numerous times.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Strawman with zero basis of fact or any bearing on This conversation.

 

Caused by a guy who was still leaps and bounds ahead of the person whose lead you want Canada to follow

Did you really just say diversification is short sighted?  How's oil and only oil working out?

 

Alberta has handed nobody a thing.  Taxpayers have though.  Alberta in fact threatened numerous other provinces over the last 40 years though.

 

If oil was anywhere else I'd be saying the same.  No handouts.  Gigantic red herring.  Well done

What $650 billion again?  Who is we?  You mean taxpayers right?  Or are you STILL under the ignorant impression that Alberta cuts a cheque labeled equalization instead of it being derived from taxes paid?

 

Gigantic whine coupled with minor red herring

This is a whole lot of stupid.

1) FACT - The BC ndp doubled BCs debt.

2) I'm not debating US politics, however wage growth was stagnant under Obama and he fought hard for Hillary who lost everything but what 11 states or so?

3) Lmao so clueless Alberta has done more than anyone. The guy you apparently have a crush on a few months ago pointed out how much Alberta has done for Canada. 

4) We is Albertans...how much has BC contributed? You guys should stay in school so you can make decent incomes and contribute to the nation. 

5) Giant nonsense and garbage just like your trans Canada fail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Nope.  It's like cutting cheques for coal. An industry that will die out.  I'm not even sure I'm for the case that if a company wants our money, we get a percentage of said company.   And no selling off at a loss just to balance the budget like Harper did with the GM stock we got as part of the 08 bailouts. 

 

I'm more for the idea that "bailout" money should go towards infrastructure projects.  New roads, rail, alternative energy projects.   Let's build for the future, not hang on to the past.  Because China and India are not waiting.   They're leaders in alternative energy projects.   Posted the source for this numerous times.

Strange...the Norwegian government disagrees with you two. 

Edited by Ryan Strome
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

This is a whole lot of stupid.

1) FACT - The BC ndp doubled BCs debt.

2) I'm not debating US politics, however wage growth was stagnant under Obama and he fought hard for Hillary who lost everything but what 11 states or so?

3) Lmao so clueless Alberta has done more than anyone. The guy you apparently have a crush on a few months ago pointed out how much Alberta has done for Canada. 

4) We is Albertans...how much has BC contributed? You guys should stay in school so you can make decent incomes and contribute to the nation. 

5) Giant nonsense and garbage just like your trans Canada fail.

I adore when the clueless say "fact"

 

Still waiting for you to show me where I said giving tax money to anyone of the industries you cited was ok.  Having a hard time finding that are ya muffin?

 

1.  The BC NDP did increase BCs debt.  Nobody will dispute that, but they also left a surplus when they left office.  Most governments in Canada in the 90s suffered via the sustainable forestry act and NAFTA

 

2.  You're not debating US politics but you're also ignoring basic growth markers in a rush to avoid debating US politics but using the US political theatre to try to prove a point

 

3.  Alberta has done nothing more than anyone.  All Alberta has done is single source their revenue stream and are now paying for it.  Albertas taxpayers though, have done what everyone else in the nation has done.  Pay.  Their.  Taxes.  Yet you still don't want to accept that's how equalization works. 

 

4.  We is Albertans heh...BC taxpayers did the same as anyone in Alberta.  So did Nova Scotians.  Quebecers.  People from the NWT.  Paid their taxes.  

 

5.  Giant nonsense, straw man deflection trans canada...meh meh meh meh meh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Strange...the Norwegian government disagrees with you two. 

And they disagree with you.  How's the legacy fund going?  Norway has a more direct financial situation with their oil and gas than Canada does.  Maybe we should have fixed the issues with the NEP and been more like Norway rather than the shortsighted conservative approach to end it.  But hey, hindsight is 20/20.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Nope.  It's like cutting cheques for coal. An industry that will die out.  I'm not even sure I'm for the case that if a company wants our money, we get a percentage of said company.   And no selling off at a loss just to balance the budget like Harper did with the GM stock we got as part of the 08 bailouts. 

 

I'm more for the idea that "bailout" money should go towards infrastructure projects.  New roads, rail, alternative energy projects.   Let's build for the future, not hang on to the past.  Because China and India are not waiting.   They're leaders in alternative energy projects.   Posted the source for this numerous times.

I like that idea of spending the $$ on infrastructure.  That goes to improving the area while also creating jobs.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

He's planning to pay companies to not produce, taxpayer money for corporations to do literally nothing

 

Great fiscal responsibility

It seems like half the country is on the dole right now. A lot of people and companies rethinking their business plans. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Letting the energy industry die in the process is.

Your plan is to make the Americans and Saudis richer.

Such brilliance. 

huh? its the Saudi's and Americans that are treating Albertans like you like a scene from Deliverance. 

 

Think about it this way: say AB had separated in 2016, and had a more diversified economy today. You'd really not want to see that? you'd rather be fully dependent on MBS's whims? 

 

A diversified AB is a stronger AB. Whats the difference if someone is making 150k per year on the rig, or making penicillin? 

 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It seems like half the country is on the dole right now. A lot of people and companies rethinking their business plans. 

And rightfully so.

 

The energy sector, mainly oil and gas gave been warned for years about this.  It's literally what happened in the 70s and 80s that brought about the NEP and American investment in to soul sourcing of Canadian oil.

 

Businesses need to fly or fail based on their own merits.  That's capitalism.  Propping up failed business in the backs of taxpayers is a failure on all parts and never ends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

And they disagree with you.  How's the legacy fund going?  Norway has a more direct financial situation with their oil and gas than Canada does.  Maybe we should have fixed the issues with the NEP and been more like Norway rather than the shortsighted conservative approach to end it.  But hey, hindsight is 20/20.  

Norway is a country Alberta is a province. Imagine if 650 billion was put in the heritage fund.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

huh? its the Saudi's and Americans that are treating Albertans like you like a scene from Deliverance. 

 

Think about it this way: say AB had separated in 2016, and had a more diversified economy today. You'd really not want to see that? you'd rather be fully dependent on MBS's whims? 

 

A diversified AB is a stronger AB. Whats the difference if someone is making 150k per year on the rig, or making penicillin? 

 

Why is it one or the other for you? Why does BC continue to subsidize an industry that is dependent on the Americans and Japanese?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...