The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Green isn’t worried. He’s not worried. Day off tomorrow. Who’s worrying? I can’t stand what he is saying to the media.

All bravado with Green.  Guy is a walking definition of false courage.  

4 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

It is their play in their own zone that's troublesome. Other than QH's exceptional IQ, no one else seems to know how to break out from their own zone.

You are not wrong. Breakouts have been a problem most of the season. Other teams throw a hard forecheck on the Canucks dmen and they get hemmed in or turn the puck over. Even Edler and Tanev struggle. Only Hughes can move the puck pretty much at will. I really think the system they want to play has the forwards too far up the ice most of the time, making the defenceman have to get control of the puck, avoid the forecheck, then thread long passes to the forwards. I think that’s expecting too much of the defenceman when they are under such intense forechecking pressure. I have never coached but I would really work on trying to move the puck more efficiently so that they can be quicker in transition.

We just burnt our last lifeline here, but are still in control of our post-season hockey. Don’t deserve it with our current play, but let’s hope they get their act together and finish strong. 
I still have hope for the playoffs...it’s fading...but still there!  Let’s get her done guys!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So all we need is to pass a few more teams, & we get a TOP-10 chance at the LOTTO?! Ooh how exciting!

Is it pump up the tank, time?

If team keeps losing then yeahup.

Maybe then our luck finally turns around and we win lotto? Wouldn't that be something.

• Like 1

not a playoff team right now, edler, Sutter, Rouss, LE looking very poor, old, all have lost a step and seem to be stuck in a I don't give an F mentality from having been out of the playoffs for so long. Sometimes I think some of the vets are just happy they are still in the race so fans don't rag on them like the last 4 years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

prattling through your hat Alf.

Tell us everything you know about the team's systems

if you can come up with more than a one-liner, I'll give  you a +

Been all through this a couple months back.  We chase the game all over the ice, because we are too far apart in the ozone and neutral zone.  Our systems spread us out, so there is little to no support.  Top off these junior level systems with no passion to play hard nosed, and we only win when our goalie out plays their goalie.  For three months (even started when we were winning games) I’ve been saying that Green should be replaced.  IMO We now have a good team, and would be 10 points better with better coaching.  

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No passion or urgency in our play.  

Never seen anything like this from Canuck teams ( less Keenan years ) of the past when playoffs, jobs and pride are on the line.

At some point I expect to see some raging bull hockey but we get repetitive patterns of what look like practice drills.

• Like 1