The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I don’t know if it’s a lack of effort.. to me it looks like they have a lack of talent in certain components of their lineup ...especially on the blue line.  Outside of Hughes they generate almost no offence.., its hard on the forwards when they work their arses off to get possession in the o zone only to hand it back to the d where the play dies or a muffin is launched at the net. It happens time after time. I love tanev but once in a while you need more from a top pair d man On the other side of centre ice(just picking on him as an example) 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

When line 1 gets out there without a chance to establish possession in the offensive zone because there is not going to much hope is there? 

I get you haven’t played the game but some of us actually do and actually know the nuances of it. 

Bo himself had a hot garbage game btw 

so you rack it up as a “disappointing” game yet don’t bother to ask why it played out that way? Just accept losing? 

Assumptions when you know nothing about a person make you look stupid. I have played the game my entire life. And yes the 1st PP unit should be able to control and move into the zone with control but they weren’t able to at all on the 1st PP. Columbus did it multiple times on the PP tonight. And no I just accept that I don’t know the answers and that maybe this isn’t as good of a team as we thought. You used Tippet and Edmonton as an example to change coaching but that doesn’t help your point as Edmonton has gone through 5 coaches in the past 6 years. So that begs the question about whether it’s because of the coaching or if it’s because the team is maturing and getting better as a whole. 

Id wager it’s a bit of both but it doesn’t prove that changing a coach is the answer because it took them 5 coaches and a change either every year or every other year before finally playing some decent hockey. I for one would rather give green one more year now that they have a good roster and see what he can do rather than a reactionary firing. Because there is no way of telling if another coach coming in will make this team better. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bure2Win said:

I think they know they're screwed without Marky covering up they're terrible defense and have just given up. Good riddance ya quitters.

I am surprised at the lack of fight in the group, one think is for sure, miller, toff and Pearson are great for this team. Sutter, LE are not

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Playoffs would be fabulous.  

I’d be pretty happy with that but anything can happen once you’re in. 

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

With the lack of push back and defensive systems we play IDK if we would get very far.

Once we get Brock back, we’ll have one of the best potent offences in the game. You’re right that our D could use some work so our coaching staff will work with them hopefully to be more conservative and always making good decisions.

8 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

with green has the coach lol your joking

I have high hopes with Green in the helm. I definitely think we can pull it off. Not too long ago, he took our Comets with Marky still developing as our #1 to the Calder Cup finals. So I think he has what it takes to get the job done.

8 minutes ago, crazycry said:

With this defense? lol...no F ing way. 

Our D could use work but it’s always been a work in progress. Other than Hughes and vets like Edler, Tanev, everyone is learning on how to get better game in and game out. Hopefully the boys get to work and learn from this one

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

not a playoff team right now, edler, Sutter, Rouss, LE looking very poor, old, all have lost a step and seem to be stuck in a I don't give an F mentality from having been out of the playoffs for so long. Sometimes I think some of the vets are just happy they are still in the race so fans don't rag on them like the last 4 years

And those vets are able to continue to play that way because the coach allows it.  The soft play from our vets has been like a virus spreading through the group.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

I’d be pretty happy with that but anything can happen once you’re in. 

Once we get Brock back, we’ll have one of the best potent offences in the game. You’re right that our D could use some work so our coaching staff will work with them hopefully to be more conservative and always making good decisions.

I have high hopes with Green in the helm. I definitely think we can pull it off. Not too long ago, he took our Comets with Marky still developing as our #1 to the Calder Cup finals. So I think he has what it takes to get the job done.

Our D could use work but it’s always been a work in progress. Other than Hughes and vets like Edler, Tanev, everyone is learning on how to get better game in and game out. Hopefully the boys get to work and learn from this one

It's the team D overall. I only have issue with Stecher and Fanta. They hardly play enough and this team would benefit from players that can play physical and be relied on more so Myers/Tanev/Edler/Hughes don't need to play so much.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

If team keeps losing then yeahup.

Maybe then our luck finally turns around and we win lotto? Wouldn't that be something.

Made that thread where we have 2 options. Beforehand I called up Torts & tol' that schmoe, make sure you win the East eh? He says relax, Nuxfan..we got this(& don't push me).

Little did I realize them Damned Jackets would be tearin' up the asphalt of our own parade!

Oh well..LaFs will have to do I guess?

3 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Guess Doughty was right after all, they are a team like that. :picard:

Guys in the league know which are the soft teams.  That’s IMO what Doughty meant.  Love to have him on this team.  He’d bring some much needed passion. Or would Green take that from Doughty’s game too? 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Oilers are playing a fantastic 200 foot system under Tippet just like he had in Arizona 

think a coach doesn’t matter?

See Vigneault in Philadelphia. A tougher conference with lesser talent in his lineup than ours.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And those vets are able to continue to play that way because the coach allows it.  The soft play from our vets has been like a virus spreading through the group.  

Sometimes it’s not possible to change someone’s mentality if they’re checked out. Benning does the scouting and call ups for players in the AHL so if he doesn’t feel that those players would help the team then green has to make due with old guys. It sucks but it is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

See Vigneault in Philadelphia. A tougher conference with lesser talent in his lineup than ours.

Vigneault is a fantastic coach but you can have all the talent in the top 6 you want, if the bottom 6 or half your defense aren’t good enough you still won’t win games.

Edited by Petey40
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Made that thread where we have 2 options. Beforehand I called up Torts & tol' that schmoe, make sure you win the East eh? He says relax, Nuxfan..we got this(& don't push me).

Little did I realize them Damned Jackets would be tearin' up the asphalt of our own parade!

Oh well..LaFs will have to do I guess?

If we got Laf, fired Green and cleared cap to re-sign everybody and sign some guys that would really help the team(top 6 D, bottom 6 forwards) then we'd be extremely dangerous and could have another Calder finalist.

Could then put Miller with Bo. Petey and Laf would be pretty scary together.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1