The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #23

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #23  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #23 Canuck of All-Time?

• C. Ronning
    • K. Bieksa
    • E. Jovanovski
    • D. Lever
    • P. Sundstrom
    • D. Kearns
    • D. Lidster
    • C. Tanev
    • G. Adams
    • G. Odjick

This poll is closed to new votes

Boudrias with a fairly solid victory is the first player to play only in the 70s voted to our list at #22. Odjick pushed on through this time and took home the victory in nominations and was added as an option in the poll with seven nominations.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

#17 - T. Tanti

#18 - A. Mogilny

#19 - J. Lumme

#20 - S. Salo

-------------------

#21 - B. Morrison

#22 - A. Boudrias

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Glad to see Boudrias get in.

I'm voting for Doug Lidster, who, based on the results of the last poll, will not be the popular choice. As many know, Lidster holds the current record for the most points in a season by a defenseman at 63 points, achieved in 1986-87 with 12 goals and an impressive 51 assists. Lidster also racked up 666 games as a Canuck and 307 points with his career in Vancouver spanning 10 seasons from 1983 until 1993. He was a loyal foot soldier for many of the rough 80s teams and played many hard minutes for a very long time with the Canucks.

I'm persevering in my nomination of Petri Skriko. If the results of the last one are anything to go off of, this will be a two-horse race between Skriko and Courtnall.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vote Lidster,

I want to vote Kearns but I want Lidster over the rest so I'll put my support behind him for this round haha.  Democratic strategy lol

Nominate Skriko!  If this list was my own personal favorites then Courtnall would already be on it.  I think it's time for Skriko though.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I'm gonna stop voting for Kearns cause nobody else is. Feel like he's very underrated

Kearns is my pick but I don't want Bieksa to beat out Lidster so I didn't give him a vote this round.  I voted him last round though!

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I'm gonna stop voting for Kearns cause nobody else is. Feel like he's very underrated

It sucks to watch great players get no traction in the voting.  Kearns got nominated a long time ago too, so I'm a little surprised to see him then spin his wheels when the voting begins.  He was an all time great Canuck and his day is coming.

I'm a big Bieksa fan.  I mean, my name is friggin' Kevin Biestra.  But Lidster and Kearns are very easy for people to undervalue.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Ditto.

All these years later, Courtnall and Ronning still 5th and 6th all time in Canucks playoff scoring.  All we had to do was re-sign them and not sign Messier.

Just do that and with the money saved on Messier, you could easily sign two more guys in the Russ Courtnall / Greg Adams / Martin Gelinas / Scott Young range.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Timbermen said:

Vote Doug Lidster

5 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Voting Lidster.  

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Vote Lidster 

Vote Lidster.

Nominate Babych.

Tanev and Adams ahead of Babych or even Butcher? Booo. 

Instead of spreading out our votes like we have, it’s time to get the forgotten greats on the list, so instead of voting for Sundstrom, I’m also voting for Lidster here. 

Same will go for the next few. It’s apparently the only way to out-vote the posting youth lol 

Next we need to get in the right nominations, like you all are trying to. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Vote Lidster.

Nominate Babych.

Tanev and Adams ahead of Babych or even Butcher? Booo. 

Instead of spreading out our votes like we have, it’s time to get the forgotten greats on the list, so instead of voting for Sundstrom, I’m also voting for Lidster here. 

Same will go for the next few. It’s apparently the only way to out-vote the posting youth lol 

Next we need to get in the right nominations, like you all are trying to. 

I thought I was going to be the first person to ever mention Babych but now Team Babych is starting to emerge in force.  Nice, I may have to suspend project Tiger.  Babych was the one guy I figured I would be ranking way higher than anyone else just because I personally held the guy in such high regard.

He saved a few stranded hikers a couple years back.  I know it doesn't factor into his rankings as greatest Canuck, but the guy just has stories and intangibles to spare.  The NHL's strongman, the lone Canucks hat trick, Roman Hamrlik choosing #44 because he saw Dave in the World Championships when he was a kid - so he chose #44 for his own jersey because of "Davebah-beeeech" as he pronounced it.  He would have to quit on his playoff beards by game 5 of the first round because they were already creating wind drag and slowing him down on the ice.

Edited by Kevin Biestra