The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

An abundance of options: Canucks to have fully-healthy roster for play-in series versus Minnesota

Rate this topic

dank.sinatra

6 hours ago, shayster007 said:

If you don't know why it's different, this is a lost cause.

I attempted to open a conversation with you in private around this subject weeks ago. You ignored me, and when you finally responded it was unintelligent name calling. Those aren't the kind of conversations worth having. But since you seemingly won't drop it it..

Players excelling in their sport in memory of their biggest supporter is very common. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Marky play his best game of the year his first game back after the loss of his father? St. Louis scored a goal for his late mother in the playoffs a number of years ago. In 2010 Joannie Rochette the figure skater lost her mother, and decided to push forward for her. Ended up having one of he best performances of her life in the Olympics and became Canadas flag carrier.  

Tiger Woods lost his father, then man who taught him to golf. Once he came back, he won and said "I’m kind of the one who bottles things up a little bit and moves on, But at that moment, it just came pouring out. And of all the things that my father has meant to me and the game of golf, I just wish he would have seen it one more time.” 

This is a very common thing in sports. Often a athletes biggest fan was their parents. Parents of high level athletes sacrifice so much for their children, as do all parents. As a final memorial to play at an elevated level for the their inspiration is common and happens frequently. I could find dozens of other examples of this happening as well.

comparing what I said to all that crap is not only ridiculous but insanely disrespectful to the performances of these athletes for their late parents. I feel like you must believe in what your saying, or you wouldn't have blown up in our private messages with all that childish behavior. But you have a bias in place that is fogging your ability to see what I'm saying is a  logical and normal part of sports, and life in general. Loosing loved ones is some of the most difficult times in a person's life. Being able to excel through those times and make your loved ones proud is what every human strives to do.

If you would like to explain to me your point of view, and what I might be missing like I asked you to before, be my guest. But if your response is going to be overly emotional and rude like in our private exchange, let's just drop it.

hahah your font keeps growing, and you say I am emotional, thats rich.

What Tiger says about his family has nothing to do with what you say about his family.

That is the point you keep missing

• Wat 1

41 minutes ago, lmm said:

hahah your font keeps growing, and you say I am emotional, thats rich.

What Tiger says about his family has nothing to do with what you say about his family.

That is the point you keep missing

Can't change font size on a phone, changed after quoting something. But again, you ignore the conversation and personally attack. You have said nothing of any substances this entire conversation.

Edited by shayster007

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Can't change font size on a phone, changed after quoting something. But again, you ignore the conversation and personally attack. You have said nothing of any substances this entire conversation.

what personal attack?

you are not defending your point, but you are repeating personal attack, personal attack, personal attack!!!

try making a point about why you should be talking about a players family 

how about we start discussing your mom?

is she fair game?

and don't worry, I am not going start because , as I have mentioned in posts you choose not to understand, i think talking about others family is in poor taste.

but that is the can of worms you have opened

Edited by lmm
  • Wat 2

10 minutes ago, lmm said:

what personal attack?

you are not defending your point, but you are repeating personal attack, personal attack, personal attack!!!

try making a point about why you should be talking about a players family 

how about we start discussing your mom?

is she fair game?

He literally gave you a long drawn out reasoning and you're saying he's not defending the point?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

He literally gave you a long drawn out reasoning and you're saying he's not defending the point?

I am sorry, I missed the part where he where he explians what gives him the right the right to talk about players family.

• Wat 1

9 hours ago, lmm said:

I am sorry, I missed the part where he where he explians what gives him the right the right to talk about players family.

It was pretty clear to the rest of us. Maybe you should get someone to read it to you, to explain the big words.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

It was pretty clear to the rest of us. Maybe you should get someone to read it to you, to explain the big words.

pretty sure I get his point. 

I don't think he or you get mine

in fact, I do not think either of you have even tried to understand it

maybe you could paraphrase my point just to show you know what point I am making

1 hour ago, lmm said:

pretty sure I get his point. 

I don't think he or you get mine

in fact, I do not think either of you have even tried to understand it

maybe you could paraphrase my point just to show you know what point I am making

I have tried, unfortunately you have yet to make any point. I eagerly await when you finally explain.

11 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I have tried, unfortunately you have yet to make any point. I eagerly await when you finally explain.

You should not be talking about peoples family

OK, I've had my snickers.

My concern with many of the line-ups being posted is the defensive aspect of the game. Minnie plays an attention to detail game and make teams earn their opportunities. They also wait for the opponents to make a mistake and capitalize on defensive pinches and defensive zone lapses. I know that Green will take that in to consideration. Also fitness levels may come in to play as well. The good news is that we have enough depth to give Green options.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RWMc1

On 6/15/2020 at 11:55 AM, ba;;isticsports said:

Just reading the title of this posting had me wondering

What if a player choses not to return while the virus is still active, maybe it won't be a full healthy roster?

1- will he be protected by players assoc. if he stay home ,with pay?

2- will he be suspended without pay?

I never read any discussion on this, has it been brought up?

He will be protected, he just won't receive pay. It's like having an injury unless you're placed on LTIR. You get paid to play games. 

On 6/5/2020 at 6:28 AM, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

One of Gaudette or Big Mac should be in the lineup. Could argue Eriksson deserves to play too. Travis green has some tough decisions to make. 

for this series Id go with a more aggressive, direct lineup including  Motte, Gaudette , Big Mac.

best strategy is to simply rotate in and out players to ensure we have fresh players every game. 

I would like to have Guads and Mac in. Mac over Gauds just based on the types of games that we are going to play but if there's a lack of scoring depth than definitely we need to slot Gaudette in. I think both have earned their spots. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I would like to have Guads and Mac in. Mac over Gauds just based on the types of games that we are going to play but if there's a lack of scoring depth than definitely we need to slot Gaudette in. I think both have earned their spots. 

Gaudette did score some clutch goals this season.

Hard to imagine him being left out considering goals should be at a premium in this series.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hard to imagine him being left out considering goals should be at a premium in this series.

I agree. I personally want Leivo, Gauds, Mac, Motte, Ferland (if he's healthy), Virt and Beagle to be the bottom 6, though that obviously means a lot of those C's are gonna have to move to the wing. I'd move Mac or Guad to the wing, keep Beagle at C (for faceoffs). 

I'd honestly prefer to keep Sutter, Eriksson, and Roussel out of the lineup but we all know that isn't going to happen. They didn't work hard enough this year in my opinion to keep them in the lineup, nor do I feel as if they'd show up in the playoffs (Roussel has a chance but this year he really went through the motions). 

• Huggy Bear 1

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

well ferland is a consistent 15-20 goal guy and a proven playoff guy, it'd be tough to leave him out of the mix.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

I agree. I personally want Leivo, Gauds, Mac, Motte, Ferland (if he's healthy), Virt and Beagle to be the bottom 6, though that obviously means a lot of those C's are gonna have to move to the wing. I'd move Mac or Guad to the wing, keep Beagle at C (for faceoffs). 

I'd honestly prefer to keep Sutter, Eriksson, and Roussel out of the lineup but we all know that isn't going to happen. They didn't work hard enough this year in my opinion to keep them in the lineup, nor do I feel as if they'd show up in the playoffs (Roussel has a chance but this year he really went through the motions). 

Lots of bottom 6 NHL players to pick from, all with pros and cons they bring, I imagine it will be who is healthy, how they are playing at restart, the chemistry they form and what the coach wants from those lines, to who they will match up against

It will be fun watching Hockey outside, just like i did the last Stanley Cup playoff run the Canucks were in

• Vintage 1

F

Miller - Pettersson - Toffoli

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Ferland - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - Sutter

Motte - Graovac - MacEwan

Eriksson -     -     - Bailey 

Baertschi -     -     - Lind

(Leivo)

D

Hughes - Tanev

Edler - Stetcher

Juolevi - Myers

Benn - Rafferty

Fantenberg - Chatfield

Sautner - 

Briesbois - 

G

Markstrom

Demko

Domingue

Dipietro

This is what i believe the depth chart should be going into the playoffs. I think Juolevi is arguably the 3rd best LD on the team (regular team and black aces)

Edited by Lackhalak
  • Thanks 1