The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks or Wild?

Rate this topic

Gator

Who you rooting for to win this play in series?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Always root for your team to win! I will never cheer for my team to lose. If it happens it happens, but I think this year may be our best chance in a decade of going on a real run. Our youth is ready for some playoffs and this has been the plan from day 1 of the season. Would you give up on a whole year of work for 12.5% chance of winning a lottery with an as yet unproven payout?  Lafreniere might be the next Gretzky but he also could be the next Yakupov or likely something in between. We have taken the best player in the draft more than once despite never picking first (Sedins, EP and Hughes jump to mind). My tinfoil hat also believes that Bettman will never let the Canucks win a lottery. 

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

Call me crazy, but why couldn't we win it all this season?  Our lineup is young, exciting and most importantly will be completely healthy.  Jordan Binnington proved anything is possible with a goalie playing lights out.

• Cheers 1

We win play-in round = Good experience for the young core, good vibez all around. Playoff excitement back! 1st round pick goes to Devils this year. Really should be the expectation though, we are the better team.

We lose playoff round-1 = Oh well, good try boys. At least we got a taste. No 1st round pick this year, but let's try again next year. Renewed confidence in our ability as a team.

We win a few rounds = Nice. Reaffirms that we are good young team on the upswing. Amazing experience for the young guns.

We win the cup = Hallelujah. Thank you Alien Jesus and Huggy Bear. Finally I can die happy.

We lose the play-in and win the 1st Overall pick = Wow. All of our cap issues solved and we just grabbed an incredible young franchise cornerstone. Frees things up for other trades.

We lose the play-in, keep our pick this year, and land 15th = Screw it. Draft Askarov, trade Demko (+?) for a serious asset. Possibly on defence? Could be worse.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nergish said:

We win play-in round = Good experience for the young core, good vibez all around. Playoff excitement back! 1st round pick goes to Devils this year. Really should be the expectation though, we are the better team.

We lose playoff round-1 = Oh well, good try boys. At least we got a taste. No 1st round pick this year, but let's try again next year. Renewed confidence in our ability as a team.

We win a few rounds = Nice. Reaffirms that we are good young team on the upswing. Amazing experience for the young guns.

We win the cup = Hallelujah. Thank you Alien Jesus and Huggy Bear. Finally I can die happy.

We lose the play-in and win the 1st Overall pick = Wow. All of our cap issues solved and we just grabbed an incredible young franchise cornerstone. Frees things up for other trades.

We lose the play-in, keep our pick this year, and land 15th = Screw it. Draft Askarov, trade Demko (+?) for a serious asset. Possibly on defence? Could be worse.

• Upvote 1

Losing is for losers.  Losing on purpose for a slightly improved chance at winning later is pathetic.  A #1 pick (i.e. Lafreniere) might be a nice consolation prize but let's not lose focus here.  Adding a top pick to a losing culture doesn't always have the desired effect (cough Edmonton cough).  I want to win every time we hit the ice and I want to support a team that thinks the same way.  Canucks all the way.  We need to develop a winning culture and that starts now.  Go Canucks Go!

• Thanks 2

On 6/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, Brock Botanen said:

But but but

Miller Pettersson Lafrenier

Podkolzin Horvat Boeser

A few years back, if someone told the New Jersey Devils that they’d have both Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes, how would they have reacted?

Sometimes, prospects, as good as they become, never quite live up to the hype.

• Cheers 2

Could never be anything BUT a Canuck fan.  I'm cheering for the guys in the here and now who deserve it.  Not a shot at (we know how that goes) a guy who isn't here that likely wouldn't end up here.  Even though he's awesome.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm so sick of trolls trying to get a rise out of the fanbase here.  It's become glaringly obvious.  Ugh.

Anyone who would wear our opponent's jersey should hang their sorry heads in shame.  Disgusted.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

On 6/29/2020 at 10:22 PM, Toyotasfan said:

This team Fly’s and scores a lot when their healthy, Wild would have to play physical and trap the hell out of the Canucks. 

Canucks will still light them up. 

No crowd will hurt Minnesota more.

we got this.

Canucks are a terrible road team. The Wild were as well but they remedied that of late. I think it will come down to goaltending. 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm so sick of trolls trying to get a rise out of the fanbase here.  It's become glaringly obvious.  Ugh.

Anyone who would wear our opponent's jersey should hang their sorry heads in shame.  Disgusted.

How is it being a troll by asking a legitimate question? I'm a huge Canucks fan, but realistically we wont go far this year. Realistically if we get Lefreniere we will have arguably the best top 6 for the next decade

Am I going to wear a Wild Jersey? Absolutely not. Will I be sad they beat the Wild? No

Would I be upset if Wild beat us? Not this year because we got a 1 in 8 shot at possibly the next McDavid.

People love to accuse people of "trolling" a lot on here if you dont agree with what they're saying. Internet has made people so soft these days

It's a legitimate question. I think the majority of Canuck fans secretly want to lose for a shot at Lefreniere. I'm sure theres even Penguin fans that want to lose to MTL to possibly get their Crosby replacement. It's natural for a fan to wish the best for their teams in the long run. 

NHL screwed up by doing lottery before the play in rounds because all play in teams now know if they lose they could come out the real winners. Didnt know wanting the Canucks to become a potential power house would be "trolling"

I'm sorry

• Wat 2

2 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

A few years back, if someone told the New Jersey Devils that they’d have both Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes, how would they have reacted?

Sometimes, prospects, as good as they become, never quite live up to the hype.

This is true, but Hischier was never hyped like Lefreniere. Hughes was hyped, but idk if he was ever hyped like this guy. I just feel if we get Lefreniere we are destined to have a cup in Vancouver sooner than later. He is legit imho

32 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

How is it being a troll by asking a legitimate question? I'm a huge Canucks fan, but realistically we wont go far this year. Realistically IF we get Lefreniere we will have arguably the best top 6 for the next decade

Am I going to wear a Wild Jersey? Absolutely not. Will I be sad they beat the Wild? No

Would I be upset if Wild beat us? Not this year because we got a 1 in 8 shot at possibly the next McDavid.

People love to accuse people of "trolling" a lot on here if you dont agree with what they're saying. Internet has made people so soft these days

It's a legitimate question. I think the majority of Canuck fans secretly want to lose for a shot at Lefreniere. I'm sure theres even Penguin fans that want to lose to MTL to possibly get their Crosby replacement. It's natural for a fan to wish the best for their teams in the long run. 

NHL screwed up by doing lottery before the play in rounds because all play in teams now know if they lose they could come out the real winners. Didnt know wanting the Canucks to become a potential power house would be "trolling"

I'm sorry

Stopped reading here.

Not sorry.

28 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Realistically if we get Lefreniere we will have arguably the best top 6 for the next decade

How do you plan on paying the best top 6 for the next decade anyway?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Stopped reading here.

Not sorry.

"Not sorry" kind of gives away you read further lol

You think were winning the cup this year? I'd be shocked if we made it out of round 1. That's me being an honest Canucks fan. Honesty doesnt make me a "troll"

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

How do you plan on paying the best top 6 for the next decade anyway?

I'd take Lefreniere over anyone in our top 6 not named Pettersson and Horvat (Lefreniere is better, but cant trade our captain).

If we cant pay them all we can make a trade (Boeser, Miller, Podkolzin, Lefreniere) down the round and fill a hole somewhere else.

Idk why yall seem to think getting Lefreniere wont make us 1 of the best teams in the league. 

Maybe I'm being "trolled" hahaha

24 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

"Not sorry" kind of gives away you read further lol

You think were winning the cup this year? I'd be shocked if we made it out of round 1. That's me being an honest Canucks fan. Honesty doesnt make me a "troll"

You asked for people's opinions....not for us to support yours.  Right?  

Any team has a chance...momentum, goaltending, injuries/lack thereof.  So if you've already decided, shut it down and come back next year when we have a chance.  But I understand that the reason TO go into playoffs is because anything can happen and I don't predict what will happen, I enjoy it.  It's not "on paper"...it's a combination of a whole lot of things.  I'm tired of people doubting this team.

If you don't have faith in this group, that's your deal, not mine.  I do.

I think AF would be a great addition...I'm not holding my breath that we'll get him though.  And I'm focused on my team, not my imaginary team.  I think these guys are stoked and deserve our support.  I want to see how far THEY can go...I don't want to sacrifice that for something else.

I'm angry today, so my responses will likely reflect that.  I'm going to time myself out soon before i get into trouble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I'd take Lefreniere over anyone in our top 6 not named Pettersson and Horvat (Lefreniere is better, but cant trade our captain).

If we cant pay them all we can make a trade (Boeser, Miller, Podkolzin, Lefreniere) down the round and fill a hole somewhere else.

Idk why yall seem to think getting Lefreniere wont make us 1 of the best teams in the league. 

Maybe I'm being "trolled" hahaha

Who is "yall" and when did they say AF wouldn't make us 1 of the best teams in the league?

"If we cant pay them all we can make a trade (Boeser, Miller, Podkolzin, Lefreniere) down the round and fill a hole somewhere else."

Well so much for the best top 6 in the league for a decade, then.

• Vintage 1