The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 17, 2020 | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Really wanna see Gaudette back in. I think he would be jacked. He has a nack for big goals too

Also the 2nd PP unit looks way better with him on it 

Yup they need to see what Gauds can do, he can get Rousell going as well. I was on the Jake sitting out camp for Gaudz but now I think it might have to be McEwen. Granted Jake was borderline decent the last 2 games, but McEwen was absolutely terrible Game 3 and slightly better tonight. One thing worse than being invisible, is that you're noticeably horrible. The team needs a different look and a spark and hopefully Gaudz brings that

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Soooo by that logic when we win five in a row it’s because? TG changed his lineup after one loss against MIN.  What was he supposed to do after losing ONE game in OT?!  Come on. 

well tbh even before that lost to st louis in OT we were getting dominated in game 2 dominated in game 3 dominated in game 4

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thought he played good last game. Didn't think he really brought much tonight. 

Who do you take out then? Loui? Zack? Or just hold Gaudette out? Wouldn't mind seeing him get a bit of experience. 

I think it was because he played on all four lines today.haha..completely no rhythm. Each line is different so it's hard for him to build anyhting.

3 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

So scoring once in a blue moon with beagle and rooster is worth their 3-4 million dollar contracts??? Trades, what do you think you will get for Jakes since you all think he's not plying well. How are you going to get anything for edler,beagle, rooster, sutter, or erickson or even Tanev since once again we waited to long to trade them when they still had value.

First of all, we still need Edler and Tanev. Our D would be 10x worse without them and non or our other prospects are ready to take on those minuets. Two of Rafferty, OJ, and Rathebone will take over Stecher and I guess the Benn/Fantaberg next season so still need those two until at least Seattle.

We are stuck with Erickson so not much we can do there.

I am confident we can find someone to trade away one of Beagle or Sutter since we really need only one of them and I think there is still a market for Sutter, just don't expect much back .

Rooster still provide some grit that we need in the regular season and probably more in the playoffs.

Just now, filthycanuck said:

Yup they need to see what Gauds can do, he can get Rousell going as well. I was on the Jake sitting out camp for Gaudz but now I think it might have to be McEwen. Granted Jake was borderline decent the last 2 games, but McEwen was absolutely terrible Game 3 and slightly better tonight. One thing worse than being invisible, is that you're noticeably horrible. The team needs a different look and a spark and hopefully Gaudz brings that

Feels like the Canucks depth guys aren't producing anything

Feels like the scorers are Bo, Pettersson, and Hughes, and I don't think that's sustainable for the remainder of the series. They need some scoring from the other lines as well. Sutter doesn't have a goal in this series. Neither does Roussel. 

And we don't really have any heavy hitters. St. Louis just grinding the Canucks to a pulp - the longer this series goes, the more it favours St. Louis. They're more physical, they've got O'Reilly shutting down our offensive players, and they've got more experience

In order for our boys to win next game, they'll have to play out of their goddamn minds. 

37 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I would change up the top 6 with Pearson playing with Miller and Pettersson, 2 big bodies on 1st line. Also have Horvat play with Boeser and Gaudette to create some speed with that line and maybe start up a sleeping Boeser. Or if Boeser still not playing great, demote him to the 3rd line and keep eriksson on the 2nd line. A 3rd line of Boeser-Sutter-Roussel could be a great 3rd line option with Boeser as the shooter on that line. 

I don't mind that. I noticed Green changed up the combos quite a bit during Game 4 anyway.

But would try a top 9 of:

Pearson Petersson Miller

Virtanen Horvat Gaudette

Motte Sutter Boeser

Edited by BigTramFan

Just now, Green Building said:

Blues pretty much played like they hoisted a Cup shaped thingy last year.

Fools errand thinking this was going to be a sweep or ending in 5. The Canucks pounced when they had a chance with the first 2 games, we gotta finish em off, or try to at least. Coudl've been a different story though had JT Miller ended in OT in Game 3

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

First of all, we still need Edler and Tanev. Our D would be 10x worse without them and non or our other prospects are ready to take on those minuets. Two of Rafferty, OJ, and Rathebone will take over Stecher and I guess the Benn/Fantaberg next season so still need those two until at least Seattle.

We are stuck with Erickson so not much we can do there.

I am confident we can find someone to trade away one of Beagle or Sutter since we really need only one of them and I think there is still a market for Sutter, just don't expect much back .

Rooster still provide some grit that we need in the regular season and probably more in the playoffs.

Edler is a warrior but we need dmen who can move the puck and clear the zone without icing the puck.

2 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

So scoring once in a blue moon with beagle and rooster is worth their 3-4 million dollar contracts??? Trades, what do you think you will get for Jakes since you all think he's not plying well. How are you going to get anything for edler,beagle, rooster, sutter, or erickson or even Tanev since once again we waited to long to trade them when they still had value.

You don't sign guys like Beagle to generate a pile of offense. PK, faceoffs, crash and bang forecheck a few shifts a game, and that's about it. He only scored 2 goals the whole of WSH's Cup run. 

He showed his value the 1st 3 games (and against the Wild) no problem, but tonight the Blues were a much better team.  

As for Sutter, we all know his regular seasons have been less than what we'd hoped, but he along with Motte were our best bottom 6 guys up until tonight, and Sutter was generating some really good chances that just didn't go his way. 

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, nuk76 said:

Beagle and Rooster were not brought in here to score.  Therefore, scoring is not the metric Green, Benning, or CDC should be using to evaluate their performance.

2 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Fools errand thinking this was going to be a sweep or ending in 5. The Canucks pounced when they had a chance with the first 2 games, we gotta finish em off, or try to at least. Coudl've been a different story though had JT Miller ended in OT in Game 3

Talk about the TSN turning point so far in the series.  

It's funny though, had every Canucks fan been polled about whether or not they'd be happy with a 2-2 split after 4 games against the Blues it'd be pretty close to a clean sweep for 'yes'.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Edler is a warrior but we need dmen who can move the puck and clear the zone without icing the puck.

We also need defensemen who can play well enough in their own end to get the damn puck in the first place.  Let's not turn into the Laffs' defense here.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Talk about the TSN turning point so far in the series.  

It's funny though, had every Canucks fan been polled about whether or not they'd be happy with a 2-2 split after 4 games against the Blues it'd be pretty close to a clean sweep for 'yes'.

Exactly.  As far as I'm concerned we're playing with house money at this point.  The team's gotten some valuable experience and shown they can hang with the defending champs.  We've already exceeded the goal set out at the beginning of the year of making the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We also need defensemen who can play well enough in their own end to get the damn puck in the first place.  Let's not turn into the Laffs' defense here.

Too many on here want an all Offense team forgetting about what we saw with Edmonton and Toronto

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1