The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues game 5 | Aug. 19, 2020, 7:30pm | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

cuporbust

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I noticed this last game....by the end of the game, the guys were absolutely gassssssed.  Could barely get off the ice for changes.

I loved Fanta's game...Benn too.  I don't know about this part.

Both Benn and Fantastic burger have played awesome IMO

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Let’s force a Game 7 at the very least boys! Win this one and we will have two cracks at closing it out!

I know who I am betting on :lol:

The playing career of Vancouver Canucks head coach Travis Green       ON THE MARK.

Travis Green                                                                                                     Craig BeRube

Vancouver Canucks                                                                                          ST Louis Blues

Wow I found the interview from where this Travis Green shot was taken :lol: he has the same smirk. 

1996 Stan Fischer interviews Travis Green 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

650 making a great point .....

Nux are taking a beating in their own end with the heavy Blues forechecking, so that when we finally get the puck out we are dog tired and just dumping in for a line change.

Blues thus get possession and an unimpeded breakout while we are changing and they get into our zone so easily. Rinse and repeat. 

We need to stop that

Green has part of a solution in his black aces.  Bailey and Graovac are big bodies, and Bailey, especially, has blazing speed (and was second only to Boucher for goals in Utica)

Rafferty and Juolevi are big puck moving d-men, much more so than Benn and Fanta.

Does Green have the balls to make changes?

Been saying this since after game 2. The 649 line is getting hemmed in, not enough big bodies. They are also all over us when Stech is on. So what do we do? Give him more ice time and stick him with Hughes. What? Rely on LE to keep them in check? Get some big bodies on the top 6 who can bang and crash. Somebody hit ROR please!

Green make changes? Yeah right. His last big move was to promote LE to top 6 minutes, thanks.

• Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, Googlie said:

650 making a great point .....

Nux are taking a beating in their own end with the heavy Blues forechecking, so that when we finally get the puck out we are dog tired and just dumping in for a line change.

Blues thus get possession and an unimpeded breakout while we are changing and they get into our zone so easily. Rinse and repeat. 

We need to stop that

Green has part of a solution in his black aces.  Bailey and Graovac are big bodies, and Bailey, especially, has blazing speed (and was second only to Boucher for goals in Utica)

Rafferty and Juolevi are big puck moving d-men, much more so than Benn and Fanta.

Does Green have the balls to make changes?

No of course not TG has no balls....for anything daring....I would give full props for trying something different against the Blues...but nooooooo he is totally risk averse...ffs

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

No of course not TG has no balls....for anything daring....I would give full props for trying something different against the Blues...but nooooooo he is totally risk averse...ffs

Look how long it took him to put Hughes on the #1 PP and replace Edler. It seemed everyone on CDC were screaming to put him on there before it actually happened.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Jetski said:

I think Millsy is playing badly hurt. He’s likely not anywhere close to 100% and I imagine Brock is ailing as well to some degree. He cannot of fallen off a cliff from the last tilt with minny for any other reason so drastically imo. 

Well they're both doin great anyway, point per game of better. BB had 4 assists in the first 2 games, hardly falling off a cliff. Many players can go 2 games pointless in the playoffs. I do agree that Boeser may have an injury issue. Miller made that painful shot block in the Minny series, could still be bothering him. Either way, they have to overcome and bring it. Linden scored 2 goals in game 7 1994 while playing with broken ribs.

• Cheers 1