The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Naw. You couldnt have watched the same game I did. Outside the first 12 minutes we were dominated 80% of the time. Markstrom is the only reason this wasn't a blowout, and Motte helped bail us out in the offensive side of the game. Just because the goal didnt count/go in doesnt make everything that happened b4 it redundant. We got lucky last night. You cant let the Blues keep coming at you for 5 minutes with a 1 goal lead and expect to hold on

The fact that we are up 3-2 against the defending champs is remarkable, but I'm not going to look at that and be fine with the poor things we are doing. I want a cup run, not an experience gaining exit. I'll save my we played well for when/if we are eliminated. Until then I want to see this team make its BEST (not just ok) effort to win this cup. Outside of trying to sit back and protect a 1 goal lead I love the way we are playing. Just really frustrating watching a team literally allow a team like the Blues do what they want for the last few minutes to try and tie the game. This isnt the Minnesota Wild. These guys can and most likely make you pay for giving them time and space

It’s easy to be super critical, Canucks played a great team game against a Stanley Cup Champion last night and won in regulation. You are way off if you think Nucks were dominated 80% of the game, at least be real. I call a spade a spade and it’s clear you’re not a fan or a believer in this team, but the game I watched last night saw 2 teams wanting to win and both teams not have great moments in the game. The boys scored 3 goals in the 2nd to take lead and then work their butts off right to the end to put the Blues in a position of elimination. Let’s Goooooo! :towel:

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Jersey? Was born in 93 so I didnt really watch them in this uniform, but boy do i love them. I'd love to see us go back to them. They are fire!

McLean with black pads and black sweaters looked killer. 

The black uni’s made the team look pretty intimidating out there. 

image.thumb.jpeg.88bb72d51de66e6705ab1b03ed40b798.jpeg

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 2

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

McLean with black pads and black road sweaters looked killer. 

I thought it was just me that felt this intimidation factor with these jerseys. I mean it's only a Jersey it shouldnt make a difference in the play at all, but idk it just feels different. Humans are naturally more intimidated by dark that bright colors. 

Even if that intimidation factor wasn't legit they still look absolutely deadly in those uniforms!

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

McLean with black pads and black road sweaters looked killer. 

Been wearing my black skate jersey hoping to intimidate my tv. I love my green and blue Luongo jersey, but that black skate jersey is just perfection. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, lmm said:

I am going on holidays, 

I hope to come back to round 2

(that is not a prediction, I suck at predictions)

See you next round or see you for the crying

Well you will come back to round 2. Let's just hope the Canucks are playing in it! 

:bigblush:

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Been wearing my black skate jersey hoping to intimidate my tv. I love my green and blue Luongo jersey, but that black skate jersey is just perfection. 

You should ask to join the bubble as a fan and intimidate the Blues from the stands. Itll be like a Canucks home game every game!

NHL teams should be paying citizens to join bubble so they can attend games and get that energy going! Lots of jobless hockey fans out there!

Edited by Brock Botanen

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

I thought it was just me that felt this intimidation factor with these jerseys. I mean it's only a Jersey it shouldnt make a difference in the play at all, but idk it just feels different. Humans are naturally more intimidated by dark that bright colors. 

Even if that intimidation factor wasn't legit they still look absolutely deadly in those uniforms!

image.jpeg.e28f91cf6685cbbcfaac27a4c11876e3.jpeg

They were a pretty tough bunch back then. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

You should ask to join the bubble as a fan and intimidate the Blues from the stands. Itll be like a Canucks home game every game!

Unfortunately I would just look like a lost fan. Both teams have lighter color jerseys and I'd be in the stands with my black jersey looking outta place. :lol:

Weird moment during the 2nd intermission with the 6-pack panel. I think it was Friedman who was talking about Brendan Gallagher taking that cross-check to the face, mouth filled with blood and missing teeth, they say he's got a fractured jaw.

And then Ron MacLean, totally changes the subject and pulls out two hockey cards of the Stewart brothers (Chris and Anthony) and goes on some kind of brotherly hockey card collecting rant lol

What a tool, Hope Gallagher is alright. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Some fans give Eagle a hard time, but he is desperately needed On this team to succeed. He eats up a lot of minutes, and plays against other teams top players. It was very noticeable when he went out last night how gassed our D was. It forced some of our guys to play longer minutes and play the defensive role.

Glad he’s okay. This guy does not get the praise or recognition he deserves. You’re a warrior, Eagle!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Unfortunately I would just look like a lost fan. Both teams have lighter color jerseys and I'd be in the stands with my black jersey looking outta place. :lol:

Just get drunk and be this guy :lol:

15 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Remember when we were "years and years from contending" and that we needed to "Tank"? :lol: :towel::metal:

If the Canucks were smart, they'd lose these next two games.  Realistically they aren't winning the cup, so might as well have a higher draft position in the 3rd round.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Remember when we were "years and years from contending" and that we needed to "Tank"? :lol: :towel::metal:

Wait until Tryamkin, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Juolevi, Rathbone, Lind, Woo, etc are on the team. This team is going to be a top contender sooner than you think!

Wonder when the Oilers will finish their rebuild. We went from contenders, to retool, to rebuild, to contenders, and they are still in that rebuild phase

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

Well you have some crazy vision. How are you able to see through that pad? It clearly crossed the crossbar and looks to me to have crossed the line. Though very close. No1 can say with 100% certainty with that angle and if u do you lose all credibility imho

I saw it almost cross and then not cross. Eagle eyes. Crossbar is irrelevant. Maybe you cant see the red line, grab a magnifying glass lol. It's not even close. It's only halfway. 

For reference, the red line is the same width as the crossbar, just left of the crossbar. They place the camera there on purpose so you can know where it is. 

Screenshot_20200820-121640_Chrome.jpg.308b7c3ec6ae587659403483c4ac7bfd.jpg

Edited by Moose Nuckle

31 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Yea towards the end of the 2nd. Did you watch the 2nd period before we scored? Couldve easily been 5-1 6-1 without Markstrom

Well, hockey is a team sport and the goaltender is part of the team.  Isn't that what happened during last year's playoffs when the Binnington bailed the Blues out a few times?

The comeback started just after the halfway mark of the 2nd.  3 unanswered goals and holding the opposition at bay for the entire 3rd period (without 2 of your top 4 dmen) shows a lot of character and dare I say it...Moxie.  This is something that has been lacking in our team for quite some time.

As I said earlier:  when the Nucks are playing their fast - paced, high energy, tape to tape game; they are very difficult to play against.  At the moment, they haven't learned to play this way consistently.  Fortunately, that will improve with time.

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If the Canucks were smart, they'd lose these next two games.  Realistically they aren't winning the cup, so might as well have a higher draft position in the 3rd round.

That's where all the Scott Niedermayer's and Jonathan Toews are. So it makes sense to blow this series and get us one of them. Then we can truly compete.

• Haha 1