The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa Punches Ron MacLean On Live TV(Video)

Rate this topic

Xanlet

12 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I love listening to his pre-rehearsed quasi appropriate quotes. *cue the song birds*

He should hire a better writer.

"When your broker's a broke-a? Good God man, get a writer......"

Judge Mentok the Mind-Taker: Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law. 

50 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

Hrudey lol

You can tell Hrudey gets a kick out of Juice, he always makes him laugh. Early on, when they first brought juice on, it seemed like Freidman and MacLean was a little irrated by Juice's jokes and mild ribbing. Hrudey was always laughing his head off, seems like a chill guy.

I get the feeling that the reason Juice wasn't on for a couple months after his debut was because Freidman and MacLean were offended by the cockiness of a 'rookie' broadcaster while all the ex players got a huge kick out of him.

How many times does Ronald McDonlean get to apologize in his lifetime.  I'm glad Juice is taking it to him....he's a weasel.

On Grapes:

Ron MacLean, Cherry’s longtime broadcast partner, apologized Sunday for not pushing back on Cherry’s remarks.

“Don Cherry made remarks which were hurtful, discriminatory, which were flat-out wrong,” MacLean said. “I sat there, did not catch it, did not respond. … Last night was a really great lesson for Don and me. We were wrong, and I sincerely apologize. I wanted to thank you for calling me and Don on that last night. ”

Did not catch it?  He was practically saying the words into your face?  You did respond...you nodded, as if in agreement with him.  Subtly, because you're a bit of a fence sitting coward that way and don't know if you should openly express that you agree with your friend or fake that you do and come out later to state you don't.  Crucify him after the fact.

Then there was another apology, to Burr.  

So either the guy needs to start THINKING about what he says (or doesn't) before he says them or he needs to stand by his actions.  Not flip flop like a two faced slippery fish.

I particularly liked this take from back in the day:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/ron-maclean-apology-breaking-down-ron-maclean-with-ron-maclean-mind-reading

Don't try to join Juice's cool club Ron, your application was denied long ago.  Here's the difference between Ron and Juice.  Juice uses charisma, wit, facts, analysis, experience to do his bit.

Ron uses words as they pop into his head.  Or, silence if they don't. Ron's a go with the flow bro trying way too hard to be cool until the flow becomes a current that sweeps him away and he has to get rescued. Again.  By issuing yet another apology.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Timbermen said:

You can tell Hrudey gets a kick out of Juice, he always makes him laugh. Early on, when they first brought juice on, it seemed like Freidman and MacLean was a little irrated by Juice's jokes and mild ribbing. Hrudey was always laughing his head off, seems like a chill guy.

I get the feeling that the reason Juice wasn't on for a couple months after his debut was because Freidman and MacLean were offended by the cockiness of a 'rookie' broadcaster while all the ex players got a huge kick out of him.

The more a fan favorite he becomes the greater the pressure to keep him will be. 

21 hours ago, Robert Long said:

Juice has brought that "whats he going to say next" factor back to the panel that Cherry used to bring, but without wrapping himself in the flag or some other old man moments. Its fun to watch. 

Absolutely.   Cherry was/is an icon and shouldn’t have been fired in the first place.  All he said was “you people” ... compared to what he used to say it’s kind of sad.  Get we need change - that’s good - but it was blown way out of proportion.  Bure used to go and see him all the time after games - Cherry loved him.  His biggest issue with Europeans coming here was he didn’t want a 3-4th line job being taken away from a Canadian.   Nothing wrong with being a patriot - well these days I guess there is - have to be extremely careful what you say our your entire career and reputation could be taken away for good even if it was taken out of context.   To me “you people “ included everyone who walks around and doesn’t wear a poppy especially the younger generations and it’s up to his generation and baby bombers and gen x folks to make sure they understand the importance.  “Lest we forget” etc.   World War is some nasty business but the further we get away from  that we need to be  more diligent and do our part to keep it real.   That was what he tried to do - albeit not in a good way. 

Cherry made a lot of mistakes or said a lot of things that aren’t politically correct.  And the guy on TV isn’t much different then the guy off the TV (he wasn’t playing a role).  Enough has been written about that.   Ron McLean without Cherry is a joke really.   He tries but his material is often stupid and has no bearing on hockey at all and he’s always trying to be try and be smart but it backfires and he looks idiotic for trying to politicize things - it should stick to hockey. 

Personally feel they fired the wrong guy - imagine Juice with Cherry?  That sure would be something and i bet the two of them would make it way more entertaining.   Ron McLeans on thin ice IMO, bet his approval ratings are terrible. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Absolutely.   Cherry was/is an icon and shouldn’t have been fired in the first place.  All he said was “you people” ... compared to what he used to say it’s kind of sad.  Get we need change - that’s good - but it was blown way out of proportion.  Bure used to go and see him all the time after games - Cherry loved him.  His biggest issue with Europeans coming here was he didn’t want a 3-4th line job being taken away from a Canadian.   Nothing wrong with being a patriot - well these days I guess there is - have to be extremely careful what you say our your entire career and reputation could be taken away for good even if it was taken out of context.   To me “you people “ included everyone who walks around and doesn’t wear a poppy especially the younger generations and it’s up to his generation and baby bombers and gen x folks to make sure they understand the importance.  “Lest we forget” etc.   World War is some nasty business but the further we get away from  that we need to be  more diligent and do our part to keep it real.   That was what he tried to do - albeit not in a good way. 

Cherry made a lot of mistakes or said a lot of things that aren’t politically correct.  And the guy on TV isn’t much different then the guy off the TV (he wasn’t playing a role).  Enough has been written about that.   Ron McLean without Cherry is a joke really.   He tries but his material is often stupid and has no bearing on hockey at all and he’s always trying to be try and be smart but it backfires and he looks idiotic for trying to politicize things - it should stick to hockey. 

Personally feel they fired the wrong guy - imagine Juice with Cherry?  That sure would be something and i bet the two of them would make it way more entertaining.   Ron McLeans on thin ice IMO, bet his approval ratings are terrible. 

Cherry Juice....could be a new podcast.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1