The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 23, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Imac just said on SPN650 that the Knights were laughing on the bench then you have Lehner tweeting this. 

Green better use these as bulletin board material. 

And this means?? Canucks were hanging on for dear life? Canucks got treed? Lame post. 

Edited by viking mama

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

No, constant negativity is loser talk. This is sports. You have highs and lows. I have said from my first post that Vegas looks beatable. I chose the Canucks to win in 6 not 1. I was expecting them to lose this one, study video and win G2.

I am not negative about our team, I have always said we have some of the best talent, only negative is our coaching staff, you all love Green, I love the players, we need a coach to lead them.

• Wat 1

10 minutes ago, Green Building said:

So many people can forget this and anoint him as the next Chara or something like that when he looks more like a poor man's Hal Gill. 

Ya , the longer this has gone without him , the more I realize he wasn't a fit here. Whine about being pushed to be in shape,  whine about his role , not being willing to even play a conditioning stint in Utica, whining about the smell of pot in Vancouver.....not seeing it working here.

Edited by cuporbust

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

If that's the case, then that is worst decision of Benning career here to let him go.

lol they were talking with his agent and then covid happened and with out cap space situation they couldnt get anything done, so tryamkin took the safest call for financial stabillity by signing with the KHL, you didnt read the tryamkin thread when all of this was going down?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, viking mama said:

And this means?? Canucks were hanging on for dear life? Canucks got treed? Lame post. 

Canucks are the type of team that learns to adjust. Far from over...Expect to see a new team next game.

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I am not negative about our team, I have always said we have some of the best talent, only negative is our coaching staff, you all love Green, I love the players, we need a coach to lead them.

green lead them past st louis Stanley cup chumps.  Should of started demko with markstrom gaa vs the knights in the regular season.... was pretty poor.  Hopefully he does better next round in expecting this goes to 7 and the kids will learn from this unique experience.  

43 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Imac just said on SPN650 that the Knights were laughing on the bench then you have Lehner tweeting this. 

Lehner thanked Roussel for getting him going and asked for more in the upcoming games. Finishes off his statement with... ’he’s just poking the bear’. 

Which grown man talks like that?! Lol!

Time to light this guy up like we did Stalock and Binnington. We’ll do more than poke him.

• Vintage 1

This game really humbled the team. This is where Green and the rest of the coaching staff need to step up to the plate. 

This series is going to be down to coaching. Whatever systems we used against Wild and Blues, is obviously not going to work against Vegas. This series is going to be a huge test for Green and a real indicator of where this team is truly at his heir.

Game 1 is over and done with, review some tape, and then make some big adjustments, or else this series is going to quickly get out of hand. 

We need Toffoli, him in the line-up would be a huge boost.

Pearson/Horvat/Boeser

Miller/Petey/Toffoli

That should balance out the top 6 quite a bit. You can throw in Virtanen whenever they need a jump start but that's a balanced top 6, and we've really missed that.

Edited by Odd.

25 minutes ago, viking mama said:

i think his nickname is panda or something like that, remember hearing something about it last series.

25 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Robin Lehner has a panda on his profile.. It's probably something to do with team domination and how he was just hanging by himself the whole night. 

He's still a chump. Hopefully canucks can run up the score next game

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

The panda is stuck watching while riding the pine? That seems like a weird flex.

Especially for a guy who literally let in an unconverted touchdown to the Canucks this year.

15 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

green lead them past st louis Stanley cup chumps.  Should of started demko with markstrom gaa vs the knights in the regular season.... was pretty poor.  Hopefully he does better next round in expecting this goes to 7 and the kids will learn from this unique experience.  

St. Louis is a crap team with a crap goalie that got hot for a bit, Green did not lead us past them, our players were better by a long shot.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4