The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

Just now, Devron44 said:

Our own fans just like to throw Boeser in on everything it seems like these days. It’s so tiring 

Now that Gudbranson was moved, I’m waiting for the idiot fans to come in saying we should have moved Boeser for Gudbranson :lol:

Boeser in an OEL deal is not even remotely a realistic option. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

He wants both goalie for the next couple years I gather. I think he plans on figuring something out with Seattle 

expansion draft is next summer, isn't it? So it is or one season. Demko will have less value to other teams if the risk to losing him to Seattle is so high... may as well make a decision now....

• Cheers 1

Just now, The.Burrowers said:

expansion draft is next summer, isn't it? So it is or one season. Demko will have less value to other teams if the risk to losing him to Seattle is so high... may as well make a decision now....

Yah.  As much as I like Demko, Marky is a beast and Demmer can be used as the primary asset in the OEL deal. 

It’s a go for it now type of move. Buckle up. 

1 minute ago, The.Burrowers said:

Yeah summer. All depends on what What restrictions are negotiated on Markys contract 

At a certain point if Arizona wants Demko along with some salary relief to get OEL I think you just pull the trigger.  Gives us OEL and Marky which will boost us for at least the next 3-4 years, while the add some Forwards that are less than Toffoli such as Granlund, Athanasiou.  I'd be pretty happy if we made some moves like that.  Big Demko fan, but don't want to lose out on OEL.

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

At a certain point if Arizona wants Demko along with some salary relief to get OEL I think you just pull the trigger.  Gives us OEL and Marky which will boost us for at least the next 3-4 years, while the add some Forwards that are less than Toffoli such as Granlund, Athanasiou.  I'd be pretty happy if we made some moves like that.  Big Demko fan, but don't want to lose out on OEL.

10 years of Demko or 3-4 good years from Marky. That’s the question you gotta ask your self if you trade Demko 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

10 years of Demko or 3-4 good years from Marky. That’s the question you gotta ask your self if you trade Demko 

How do you know Demko has 10 good years in him?  He's already had surgery on both of his hips and he's only 24.

Markstrom has proven over the past 2 seasons he's Elite.  Demko is still unproven.  We all thought Cory Schneider was going to be a Vezina caliber goaltender for many, many years,  but Luongo continued to be the superior tender all the way to his retirement.

I take Markstrom and trade Demko while his value is at an all time high.

Edited by CanuckGAME

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Id hate to see Marky end up in Dedmonton, or even worse ..Calgary.   But i get your logic here, it makes sense.

Where does Tanev fit into all this.  Im getting nervous here thinking that we might end up with no Tanev, no Stecher ...big holes one one side.  Sure you can bring up rafferty and then what.....They must be going in hard after OEL or else we would have seen a Tanev deal done already....maybe im wrong.

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

How do you know Demko has 10 good years in him?  He's already had surgery on both of his hips.

Markstrom has proven over the past 2 seasons he's Elite.  Demko is still unproven.  We all thought Cory Schneider was going to be a Vezina caliber goaltender for many, many years,  but Luongo continued to be the superior tender all the way to his retirement.

I take Markstrom and trade Demko while his value is at an all time high.

Oh come off it. Demko could also get hit by a truck tomorrow too. It’s all about projections 

Didn’t Demko fall to the second round because he had some hip issues leading up to the draft?  There is some risk there regarding whether or not his body will hold up with a heavy workload.  Watching what happened to Cory Schneider when he tried to play through hip injuries was sad.  Not to say the same thing will happen but it is something to consider as they choose between Markstrom and Demko.

Edit:  Someone beat me to that point. :lol:

Edited by Millerdraft

Just now, Devron44 said:

Oh come off it. Demko could also get hit by a truck tomorrow too. It’s all about projections 

So you let the sure thing walk because the young kid Projects to be better?

Thats a terrible decision,  especially with the goaltending position.

Again.  Demko could be great,  but Markstrom has already proven he is capable of being THE guy to carry this team as the #1.