The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

2 hours ago, BlastPast said:

Perhaps you also have biases and blind spots. That's not to say they aren't present in NHL decision making, but just because something doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean there isn't any sense there to be made.

At any rate, I would guess it is unlikely OEL ends up here. I would also guess that right side defense is more of a priority at this point; unfortunately, it's a difficult position to build. 

You were very kind to add the “perhaps.” ;)

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, captainhorvat said:

Someone needs to take Jimbos phone away...

Macaco Office Monkey GIF

I hope Jimbo isn’t putting as much time into the OEL thing again as CDC is...but unfortunately I suspect we aren’t even making a dent on the amount of time he is tying up with it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I hope Jimbo isn’t putting as much time into the OEL thing again as CDC is...but unfortunately I suspect we aren’t even making a dent on the amount of time he is tying up with it

Could you imagine “Canucks forget to send paperwork on upcoming RFA’s so they’re set to become UFA’s because he’s been overworking on a potential OEL deal and can’t multitask”

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JohnTavares said:

Reported offers were 1st, 2nd, Virtanen, Sutter for OEL.

It may not have been exactly like this but I think the core components of 1st + Sutter + Virtanen were in there.

Who reported this exactly? Feel free to post links/tweets. My guess is if anyone did in fact claim this, it was likely someone like Sekeres postulating from his posterior as usual.

Please don't spam the board with unsubstantiated nonsense. It's half the problem with this market.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Who reported this exactly? Feel free to post links/tweets. My guess is if anyone did in fact claim this, it was likely someone like Sekeres postulating from his posterior as usual.

Please don't spam the board with unsubstantiated nonsense. It's half the problem with this market.

From Coyotes beat reporter Craig Morgan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

From Coyotes beat reporter Craig Morgan

Probably more intel on what ARZ was asking, not what we were offering.

I'd note that there's a reason the deal didn't happen. I don't believe for a second we were offering our 1st.

Edited by aGENT

5 hours ago, JohnTavares said:

Reported offers were 1st, 2nd, Virtanen, Sutter for OEL.

It may not have been exactly like this but I think the core components of 1st + Sutter + Virtanen were in there.

Reported by who? Fans on Twitter?

No way that Benning would have offered a 1st and a 2nd for a player that was only willing to go to two teams.

The fact that the trade never went through proves that’s BS. Arizona would have gladly accepted that trade.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Reported by who? Fans on Twitter?

No way that Benning would have offered a 1st and a 2nd for a player that was only willing to go to two teams.

The fact that the trade never went through proves that’s BS. Arizona would have gladly accepted that trade.

Yeah the owners of the yotes woulda made sure they took that offer

6 hours ago, shayster007 said:

This was wildly known? I paid pretty close attention to this trade last year and don't recall our first being in play. I recall the deal being 2nd and Virtanen being reported, and the Yotes asking for a 1st. The trade didn't happen, so I'm gonna assume the first was a no fly.

Friedman said that Armstrong was looking at the RoR trade as template which included a 1st.

Sat Shah had the 1st going the other way.   It was on the prospects that the deal fell apart.  Arizona wanted Demko, Höglander or Podkolzin and that was a no go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Friedman said that Armstrong was looking at the RoR trade as template which included a 1st.

Sat Shah had the 1st going the other way.   It was on the prospects that the deal fell apart.  Arizona wanted Demko, Höglander or Podkolzin and that was a no go.

I have a hard time believing that.  

We got Schmidt who is 90% as good as OEL for a 3rd round pick.  Have a hard time believing the other rumours as having anything to do with our offer. 

4 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Could you imagine “Canucks forget to send paperwork on upcoming RFA’s so they’re set to become UFA’s because he’s been overworking on a potential OEL deal and can’t multitask”

You guys have gone full...   

spacer.png

1 hour ago, mll said:

I have a really hard time believing that the Yotes were asking for essentially 2 first round picks and a 2nd. He has a huge contract, they had a 2 team list, and they felt pressure to shed the money due to the teams financial woes. 

• Cheers 1