The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I mean I probably already know the answer but…

How would fans feel about:

OEL (2mil retained)

37th pick

for

9th pick

Eriksson

No way in hell we give up 9th for him. He is significantly overrated and we would be trading 1 year of cap hell (even with retention) for how ever many he has left.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

No way in hell we give up 9th for him. He is significantly overrated and we would be trading 1 year of cap hell (even with retention) for how ever many he has left.

OEL is a stud.

If anything he is underrated. My issue would be he’ll be 30 by the start of the season.

He could be one of those Swedes that’s good until they’re like 36-37 though.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

How exactly can we afford that? 5 guys making 5-8 million. And not one true #1 guy among them. 4 of them 30+.

Erikssons salary and 2 mil retained would mean his cap is 6.25. Pretty much a wash.

OEL is a number 1. I think some people are really unaware of what his value is. He’s being buried in Arizona right now.

As for 4 of them being 30+ Savard was just one example. Could be any UFA that plays with Hughes doesn’t matter.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Erikssons salary and 2 mil retained would mean his cap is 6.25. Pretty much a wash.

OEL is a number 1. I think some people are really unaware of what his value is. He’s being buried in Arizona right now.

As for 4 of them being 30+ Savard was just one example. Could be any UFA that plays with Hughes doesn’t matter.

Eriksson has 1 year at 6 mil left then that is free cap. OEL has 6 years at 8.25 mil left. With a full nmc.

No chance Arizona retains 2 mil (or any amount) for 6 years. 

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean I probably already know the answer but…

How would fans feel about:

OEL (2mil retained)

37th pick

for

9th pick

Eriksson

I'd do that in a heartbeat. If we can acquire OEL & dump Loui, it's a steal in my books.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Hard No

Screenshot_20210619-195724_Chrome.jpg

I’m well aware of his salary.

Might wanna read my post again. Arizona retains 2 mil.

As for the 8 years, he’ll be 35 when it’s done. Not that much of a stretch to think he can still be effective.

He plays an efficient game and is very durable. He’s only missed 25 games over the last 9 seasons.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m well aware of his salary.

Might wanna read my post again. Arizona retains 2 mil.

As for the 8 years, he’ll be 35 when it’s done. Not that much of a stretch to think he can still be effective.

He plays an efficient game and is very durable. He’s only missed 25 games over the last 9 seasons.

Considering our luck with long term deals for 30 plus players, thats a big risk to take.

And no way does Arizona retain any of his cap for a full 6 years. 

At 8.25 mil I would rather sign a top RHD next summer and go with Juolevi and Rathbone on the left.

Sutter and Ballard immediately come to mind as guys who missed few games until coming to Van.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

I'd do that in a heartbeat. If we can acquire OEL & dump Loui, it's a steal in my books.

If we did this we wouldnt necessarily need to grab a big fish D next offseason like a seth jones or parayluk for 8 mill per and instead go for a cheaper but good RHD in the 5-6 mill range. 

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Eriksson has 1 year at 6 mil left then that is free cap. OEL has 6 years at 8.25 mil left. With a full nmc.

No chance Arizona retains 2 mil (or any amount) for 6 years. 

Of course they do.

They pay 12 million over the next 6 seasons in order to save 50 million. That’s a great deal for them.

And you’re missing the part where we get a number 1 defenseman.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Of course they do.

They pay 12 million over the next 6 seasons in order to save 50 million. That’s a great deal for them.

And you’re missing the part where we get a number 1 defenseman.

I mean theres our edler replacement big time plus having our top 2 LHD being OEL and Hughes is pretty damn sick