The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

10 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Trust me, I don't hate him. I watch every game, sometimes he's incredible out there, sometimes he looks like he's floating and completely disinterested.

My issue is frustration with his engage level. Nothing would make me happier than to see him playing the way he can play, at least 85 - 90% of the time. Everyone has an off game, he tends to take too many games and too many shifts off.

I once saw Larry Robinson accidentally score 3 goals against his own team in one game. EVERYONE can have an off game, as long as they don't make it every second game!

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They backed out before Vancouver did. 

I know, I was being sarcastic. What a bad read by Arizona. They assumed that they could just keep negotiating past the deadline. They must suck at poker.

Edited by RWMc1

54 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Arizona messed up. That’s going to be awkward and I can’t imagine how OEL is feeling now knowing he’s going back to a team that tried to get rid of him. OEL is still a great player but is not the player he was 3 years ago. As the year to years that go by there will be less and less interest from teams that won’t want to touch that aging contract.

Edited by flickyoursedin
  • Upvote 1

I'm glad we didn't get that anchor of a contract. It's not even the salary that bothered as I think he'd be worth it with the offensive forwards he'd get to play with here. He just showed he wouldn't be the most cooperative when it came to be traded though. It was that attitude and the NMC till the end that made me shudder at the thought.

15 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Arizona is gonna be in big trouble not only with the OEL situation but they couldn’t pay their player and it’s only gonna get worse with no attendance.   

They'll just look at moving other contracts to move salary. OEL was their best option but now it will be plan B - moving a couple of contracts weakening the team even more.

57 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Arizona messed up. That’s going to be awkward and I can’t imagine how OEL is feeling now knowing he’s going back to a team that tried to get rid of him. OEL is still a great player but is not the player he was 3 years ago. As the year to years that go by there will be less and less interest from teams that won’t want to touch that aging contract.

He didn't want to get traded and wanted to stay with the Coyotes.