The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

10 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

lol no way we trade Demko especially with Markstrom almost set to leave via free agency.

If Arizona didn't and will not budge on Demko then there's 0% chance that this trade will be made.

A player that was publicly on the trade market with only 1 or 2 teams on his list... only to be pulled off the market after so much storylines... well, we saw what happened with Luongo.

My bet: OEL will be traded by TDL and at a discounted price.

OEL to Vancouver for one prospect + young roster player (similar to Luongo for Markstrom + Matthias).

6 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Who is Barrie going to pair with if we get him?

Is he really going to help against the big forwards we play against, especially in the Playoffs?

Hughes Myers

Edler Rafferty

Tryamkin Barrie

Oj Benn 

Not terrible, but i really would like tanev over barrie.

If we had re-signed Marky, then I would have been okay with trading Demko in this deal, but it would have needed to make the deal more well-rounded for us.

Sad we didn't get OEL; now we need to circle back and get Tanev and call it a day :P 

42 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Who is Barrie going to pair with if we get him?

Is he really going to help against the big forwards we play against, especially in the Playoffs?

I'd see him with Edler, as he was with Stecher.  Edler actually pairs up well with offensive dmen, like with Erhoff and Salo in the past; lets him simplify his game.

Edler - Barrie

Hughes - Myers

Juolevi - UFA

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

I'd see him with Edler, as he was with Stecher.  Edler actually pairs up well with offensive dmen, like with Erhoff and Salo in the past; lets him simplify his game.

Edler - Barrie

Hughes - Myers

Juolevi - UFA

He would pretty much have to unless Juolevi can be consistent in his first season.

Does the money work though. I say we'll go with cheaper options unless we find a way to move a contract or two.

I notice that the second question I posed is being ignored. Do you see him as a Playoff performer?

Edited by RWMc1

48 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Hughes Myers

Edler Rafferty

Tryamkin Barrie

Oj Benn 

Not terrible, but i really would like tanev over barrie.

If trade talks ever started up again I’m guessing OEL would waive to come to Vancouver. If that does happen Eriksson would have to be involved, which would allow the Canucks to also sign Tanev which would be a huge boost to our D.

if I was Vancouver I’d trade Hoglander, he has nice moves but could easily fail as an NHL top 6.

LE Hoglander Woo 2021-2

for

OEL

i don’t think they want Virtanen due to salary, LE has a huge cap hit but isn’t owed much $$, he doesn’t have that much negative value to a team like Arizona.

Edited by brian42
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, brian42 said:

If trade talks ever started up again I’m guessing OEL would waive to come to Vancouver. If that does happen Eriksson would have to be involved, which would allow the Canucks to also sign Tanev which would be a huge boost to our D.

if I was Vancouver I’d trade Highlander, he has nice moves but could easily fail as an NHL too 6.

LE Hoglander Woo 2021-2

for

OEL

i don’t think they want Virtanen due to salary, LE has a huge cap hit but isn’t owed much $$, he doesn’t have that much negative value to a team like Arizona.

Hopefully we can get tanev back atleast. 

Maybe squeeze Tofu in but a trade with salary going out has to happen first.

Oh and 1 point that seems to slip through the cracks is that Arizona needs picks.

Especially if eriksson is going the other way.

Cost the leafs 1st to trade marleau at 6 million for one year.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I understand the value in Demko

i don't understand why Arizona wanted to add Demko to an already crowded crease?

Kuemper

Raanta

Hill

Prosvetov

Probably would use him to flip/move some of their other contracts as his value is high 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Hopefully we can get tanev back atleast. 

Maybe squeeze Tofu in but a trade with salary going out has to happen first.

Oh and 1 point that seems to slip through the cracks is that Arizona needs picks.

Especially if eriksson is going the other way.

Cost the leafs 1st to trade marleau at 6 million for one year.

True and agree but I kept the 2021-1st out of the deal because I added(conceded) Hoglander if the reports of them wanting Hoglander podkolzin or Demko are true. 

but maybe arizona feels they need one of those guys plus the 2021-1 

• Cheers 1

Just now, brian42 said:

True and agree but I kept the 2021-1st out of the deal because I added(conceded) Hoglander if the reports of them wanting Hoglander podkolzin or Demko are true. 

but maybe arizona feels they need one of those guys plus the 2021-1 

Arizona needs alot. The upcoming TDL whenever next season is will be very important for that franchises next 5-10 years.

Stepan

Demers

Hjalmarsson

Goligoski

Raanta

i think are all ufa after next season

Add in OEL trade and the yotes should be well on their way to a rebuild

1 hour ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Well done, JB.  If there was retention on OEL and it was a Juolevi or similar it would have been a great add, but Demko is just an absolute deal-breaker.  So we're likely stuck with LE but saving on goaltending now and perhaps from the departures of Tanev and TT, and gives guys like Juolevi, Rafferty, and even Lind opportunity.

Louie needs to seriously think about mutual termination.  If he pushes this until the end, he may become the 2nd most hated Canuck behind you know who 

Just now, sonoman said:

Louie needs to seriously think about mutual termination.  If he pushes this until the end, he may become the 2nd most hated Canuck behind you know who 

That would be a dream come true I would have mad respect for him if he did that. Maybe retire his jersey or at least ring of honor lol. Wish we could just pay him under the table to do that.