The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vegas Golden Knights @ Vancouver Canucks GAME 4 (Series at 2-1 VGK) Aug. 30 7:30 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

25 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Im expecting some more offensive generation from Roussel, Gaudette, and Virtanen (who were are constant third line scoring line throughout the regular season) to provide more.

Roussel - 14 games = 2 goals and 4 points

Virtanen - 12 games = 1 goal and 2 points

Gaudette - 6 games = 0 points

Gaudette has been far and away our worst player in my eyes

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Idk he looked shakey last night.

He didn't look shaky. Those 2 goals in the first were good shots. It's unfortunate because we're used to seeing him make a crazy save but it was one of those days when really good shots went in and he didn't come up with a big save but hard to fault him on those goals. He was solid i thought. Just didn't come up with the big save that we're used to seeing

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

He didn't look shaky. Those 2 goals in the first were good shots. It's unfortunate because we're used to seeing him make a crazy save but it was one of those days when really good shots went in and he didn't come up with a big save but hard to fault him on those goals. He was solid i thought. Just didn't come up with the big save that we're used to seeing

I'm not talking about the goals. I thought he should have had the tuch shot. Second goal was a screen and I didnt see the third. 

What I did see was him overcommiting and not controlling rebounds well. He seemed like he was fighting the puck. He still got the job done (only letting in 3 gives you a chance to win) but hes going to be tired tonight after facing almost 40 yesterday.

I would have yanked him after 2 (early by most standards) or I play demko today.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I noticed him in many good ways last night. He was hustling his ass off, laids a few nice hits, and he's one of the few willing to actually go and get the puck. Maybe this is why he looks off to you, because he is quite simply playing hockey, not Green and Baumer's passive defensive system.

• Cheers 1

Just now, xereau said:

I noticed him in many good ways last night. He was hustling his ass off, laids a few nice hits, and he's one of the few willing to actually go and get the puck. Maybe this is why he looks off to you, because he is quite simply playing hockey, not Green and Baumer's passive defensive system.

For sure I thought yesterday was his best game. I also thought it was the only decent game be had since the league resumed though. He looks terrified to go to the hard areas. 

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

I'm not talking about the goals. I thought he should have had the tuch shot. Second goal was a screen and I didnt see the third. 

What I did see was him overcommiting and not controlling rebounds well. He seemed like he was fighting the puck. He still got the job done (only letting in 3 gives you a chance to win) but hes going to be tired tonight after facing almost 40 yesterday.

I would have yanked him after 2 (early by most standards) or I play demko today.

Yep telltale sign when he is way off center from too much movement, the rebounds too, but most especially, when he is stabbing at the puck with both hands. He was not at the stabbing at pucks level last night, but I agree, not peak Marky.

10 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I been tough on Gaudette all year, but he's definitely been playing better in the playoffs. More energy. Just no scoring from that line. Roussel has definitely been the worst player on the team in my eyes. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

We know how good Marky is so yes, i could see him save Tuch's shot and stone's shot on another night when he is hot. 

That being said, we see our guys score goals like that all the time too and we credit the shooters on those shots not the blame on the goalie for not saving it. 

I do remember a bad rebound in the slot and a couple of short side shots giving a little issue but what goalie is absolutely perfect in the game? 

Even Lehner got saved by the post on JVs bad angle shot and he was leaning the wrong way on Miller's shot with the puck sitting in the crease afterwords (while Brock just stood there)  and Lehner was pretty much perfect last night. 

I trust Marky to make the saves he should make and to make some saves that should be goals. 

3 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Must win.

Time to step up again 

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, I guess the positive, is that Fluery is old lol 

Fluery is mad that debouer stabbed him in the back, he lets canucks have 4 soft goals on him 

• Haha 1

Huge game. A win makes it a best of 3. A loss means almost certain elimination next week. I want to keep watching Canucks hockey, it's been so great, considering EDM, CGY and TOR were out a while ago. Not ready to take the car flags off just yet.  I hope they can keep this going. 

• Like 1