The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vegas Golden Knights @ Vancouver Canucks GAME 4 (Series at 2-1 VGK) Aug. 30 7:30 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

8 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I think the passive defensive style they play is how they are told to play by the coaching staff.  Stay in position and block lanes rather than be aggressive on the puck. Personally I dont like that style either but it's the system they've all bought into. 

In the defensive zone yeah it's a question of strategy but they're getting beat in the neutral zone purely because they aren't paying attention to what's going on. That's on the players themselves and has nothing to do with coaching. This is peewee stuff.

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's gone to him in a back to back already. I think it's a good move on his part ... hopefully we can get to him.

Throwing in a goalie who hasn’t played in two weeks against a team that excels after being shutout just seems like potentially a lot of pressure to put Lehner under for game 5. 

26 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

Hoping for a better game tonight

Go Canucks Go

Honestly I  thought we played pretty similar to the previous game. Hard in the 1st, dominated in the 2nd and 3rd. The only difference was we didn't convert our chances in the 1st so we weren't defending a lead. 

With how aggressive VGK is on the puck we need to make them pay with odd man rushes back the other way. That is the key to beating Vegas.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i think demko should start this game. rest marky this game. don’t want to see him, burn out.

Remember, in the regular season , if the Canucks play a back-to-back game on the road, they are not playing the same team. So they have to travel over night and maybe play a rested team that is at home. If they had a tough game, that may have gone into overtime in their first game, the team they play against on the second game won't have had that. So, one thing about these play-offs back to back, is that it is even for both teams.

Just now, drdeath said:

Throwing in a goalie who hasn’t played in two weeks against a team that excels after being shutout just seems like potentially a lot of pressure to put Lehner under for game 5. 

Oh yeah for sure. I would keep Lehner in if it was me but I guess it's a nice luxury to have the MAFter on your bench.

12 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Honestly I  thought we played pretty similar to the previous game. Hard in the 1st, dominated in the 2nd and 3rd. The only difference was we didn't convert our chances in the 1st so we weren't defending a lead. 

With how aggressive VGK is on the puck we need to make them pay with odd man rushes back the other way. That is the key to beating Vegas.

Lehner stood on his head. We dominated in the first and our powerplay was moving the puck well and had great chances all game long.

They just need to be able to sustain that pressure for more than 20 minutes.

It irritates me how good Vegas is, easily the fastest successful expansion team in the history of any sport.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Hughes been pretty bad this series in defensive coverage.. I’m sure he’s worn down too

Yeah, he's terrible. They should trade him for draft picks.

/sarcasm 

He's the primary reason we got past STL in R1 and although not as effective in R2 he is still a force to be reckoned with on each and every shift. He's been the MVP of the playoffs thus far.

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Wat 1

14 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Hughes been pretty bad this series in defensive coverage.. I’m sure he’s worn down too

Yeah, he's been getting schooled and looking gassed. I think it will be a big eye opener. He looks to have the heart of a champion so I'm sure this will be good for him in the long run. I think he'll come back better than ever next year.

Imac made a pretty good point.  Asked Travis if he feels the group is better prepared (now) to be in this situation, after having been down before.  I feel they really are...that they know they can and that's half the battle (my answer...didn't get to hear his).  Having the confidence to go out there and keep at it.  To not become too deflated after this loss.

I thought it was a good question/point to be made.  That they've now got a little experience under their belts from the previous series and that should help with the mental game.

• Like 1

Just for perspective, we're in the exact same position that the Colorado Avalanche are in.  We're down 2-1 against a quality opponent in our second round playoff series.  It's an uphill battle but it's still possible for either the Avs or the Canucks to advance.  This is definitely not a dire situation.  I trust the character of our excellent young team to come up with a better effort tonight.  Win or lose I love this team we've got going right now.  This is where we want to be folks.  In the mix.  It won't be easy but only fools thought it would be.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1