The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: There and Back (Sign Up Closed)

Rate this topic

J-23

23 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I &^@#ing knew it was Aladeen, god damn. DM is such a smoothbrain, why would you claim sheriff damn it.

Thx J23 for hosting. DPS please.

DM did the right thing, he was sheriff, got a red peak, and then the swapper role swapped his sheriff role with NIK.

Not sure why the TP didn't pounce on that red peak.

If the Maf were to MK him, the sheriff would still be out there.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

One question, you were sheriff, why did you start to underestimate yourself after the swap took effect.

Ahh yes, in my original pm with u it just stated I was town. Tho I did have an investigation. 

No mention of Sheriff.

The first instance of me being sheriff was in your game report. 

And when NiK got clipped and saw sheriff it reinforced my thinking that I was in no way a sheriff.

Hindsight haha

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
4 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Ahh yes, in my original pm with u it just stated I was town. Tho I did have an investigation. 

No mention of Sheriff.

The first instance of me being sheriff was in your game report. 

And when NiK got clipped and saw sheriff it reinforced my thinking that I was in no way a sheriff.

Hindsight haha

Ya I didn't tell anyone the name of their role. Just the description.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

DM did the right thing, he was sheriff, got a red peak, and then the swapper role swapped his sheriff role with NIK.

Not sure why the TP didn't pounce on that red peak.

If the Maf were to MK him, the sheriff would still be out there.

Looks like I'm the smoothbrain, then.

• Like 1

Great game scum. I'll say I feel like the balance favored mafia, but nevertheless I got tatered hard and the maf team played a flawless game.

Amazing scum game from Aladeen. Legendary stuff. Truly impressed.

I already congratulated you guys during the game (remove falc, add BK), and I meant it. You guys set the table really well and there was no one to stop you. 

I ain't even mad. I'm dumb. But I ain't mad

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

aight ---

@J-23 thanks for hosting! incredible game that was fresh and exciting but yet still fair for all parties. Thanks a ton bb

@Aladeen epic mafia game. Never quite seen a scum game played this dominantly before. There have been solid final round plays, but nothing quite as dominating throughout as this. You dominated all three rounds, played the potatoes well, agitated me and Qwags perfectly, distracted the TP very well and now I hear of the things you guys did in the maf chat..bravo man! Top 1 scum game on this forum.

@Alain Vigneault you took advantage of the circumstances very well LOL. Good game man, I told you in the thread you were playing hilariously and I stand by it. Good job removing the threat from yourself after DMs claim.

@DarthMelvin best game I have ever seen from you man. Its too bad that few townspeople could see your innocence and towny play! Don't think I have ever seen you try this hard and the logic in your reads and the way you came across (at least to me) was beautiful. Fantastic TP game man.

@GoCanucks16 still a legend

@Qwags all around the world with you here but generally strong game (and good basic mafia skills), impressed a lot.

on the other side...

@Zfetch horrible round 1, play more consistently and follow the thread in all rounds you stupid monkey. Otherwise good job reading n contributing in round 2 heh

@luckylager don't know what to say man. Horrible game. I like your personality man and mafia is better off for it with you staying here but you gotta start listening. Don't know how many times I tried to get through to someone like you just for you to remain firmly implanted in your incorrect own assumptions and do zero listening whatsoever. Put all your eggs in Aladeen's basket and did very little critical thinking and considering what the other side of the coin may hold. Basic mafia strategy needs improvement. If someone comes out claiming they got a red peak you vote that way unless its a LYLO or you know that they are lying. End of statement. There was no reason for a town to have their vote on me in round 2 instead of AV. Basic mafia strategy man hope this gets through to you and you improve for the better as a valuable townsperson. Apologies for all the mean things I may have directed at you. I want mafia to be more competitive and without a reasonable amount of basic strategy, critical thinking and openmindedness, it makes mafia less fun for all townspeople when they get swept like this due to a vote or two that SHOULD have been casted elsewhere. Hope you read this man, no bad feelings but please try and take this game more seriously by sharpening up on some basic skills, the potential in you is clearly there since you have had some fantastic games. But this performance is a significant reason the town lost any chance of making a come back. Be reflective and grow and kick some butt going forward.

@falcon45ca some of what I said above applies to you, however I do believe you are a better listener and a bit more openminded. But one thing that's absolutely infuriating(whether you were paranoid sheriff or regular is an unimportant detail) is that you did not follow through with your investigation by immediately voting BK and keeping the vote there. Again with the basic mafia strategy thing. It looks like you've never seen a sheriff hit before but you've been around long enough to surely know what a town who is especially the sheriff do in the situation with a red peek. What is even more infuriating is that as a sheriff, you either know/think to know that DM is fake or are uncertain and open to believing he is real. You said you thought he was fake because you were sheriff. Great. But why tf is your vote on me! Basic strategy dictates a sheriff who thinks someone is lying about an investigation, votes for the liar. You did not do that. Hope you can understand what to do better in this situation going forward but I love playing with you anyway and you do have some very good strengths with the way that you view the game. Again, mostly just basic strategy that needs sharpening and perhaps a little bit more openness to alternative perspectives.

@Beluga Whale please come back and be randed TP every game. The development of players relies on you! haha! Hope your confusion gets better :blink:

Just some notes in defence of LL and Falc

Falc did keep his vote on BK so he trusted the only think he knew for sure which was his invest results

LL's game imo wasn't horrible, my logic was there, I pointed out every inconsistency with DM, he was given a scum chat snippet that implicated DM he had to go by what he knew to be true which was the snippet that he was given.

Not to mention that it was obvious that DM had nullified his own vote and LL had both qwags and DM coming after him saying that he was the one that Nullified DM's vote, he knew he didn't - I am still not sure what DM was thinking there and other than the woody gif was the only real flaw in his town game. 

• Like 1
Just now, luckylager said:

3 sheriffs in a 12 man game and I'm expected to listen to either of the other two after NIK flips sheriff.

Suck eggs Z. That's a bunch of bull$&!#. You'd just go around believing there's 3 sheriffs in a 12 man game. Sure. Whatever.

Also, I got a cerry picked line which decisively frames DM to my PM after having THE SHERIFF already flipped in a 12 man game.

&^@# that $&!#. Whatever

No man you were put in a $&!# position, but Me AV and BK had put all our eggs in a basket together we needed someone and the moment otherwise we would lose this game for sure. DM lied about you nullifying his vote (no idea why) we knew who we needed in our corner right then. The snippet you were given wasn't really cherry picked, literally most of our scum chat after we knew you were getting part of our PM was BS and implicated other players. I don't think we gave J much choice in what to pick without having outright names in the posts. 

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

3 sheriffs in a 12 man game suggests we're rowdy.

In a fun sense yes. But it totally misleads town when we get a flip that says "Sheriff". Sorry, but I didnt learn anything and I will never believe we have more than 1 actual sheriff when playing with such a small roster.

• Like 1