The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Jake Debrusk might be available.

10 hours ago, stawns said:

put Debrusk with Petey and then compare.

I just prefer the way Debrusk plays, it's not about points..........they put up comparable goals and Debrusk brings more to the table, imo.  He's much harder to play against the Boeser

I agree .  I'd take Debrusk over BB.

Like his game better also.  Seems like a playoff type as well.

• Wat 1

The DeBrusk for Boeser idea is absolutely mindboggling to me. You want to trade Boeser for a player who has had less success in his career on a significantly better team? For all the talk about Canucks fans overvaluing their own guys there is still a significant portion who will always see the grass as greener on the other side even if its red.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I agree .  I'd take Debrusk over BB.

Like his game better also.  Seems like a playoff type as well.

Given they play opposite wings the real question is do you take Debrusk over Miller on Petey's LW. Also I was amazed at Brock's ability to adapt his game and improve his forecheck in the playoffs. He didn't produce at his normal clip but boy was he hustling and busting his ass on forechecks. Not afraid to throw his body on defenders on the forecheck too. Boeser is the better offensive weapon (albeit it's close) and his willingness to adapt bodes really well in my books. And he has character out the wazoo. That's not including the fact Boeser not only has chemistry with our first line center but also our 2nd line center. Giving him more flexibility. I take the Flow over Debrusk every day of the week. And twice on Sunday. 

Edit: on second thought no, it isn't close. Boeser is just flat out the better offensive weapon. He had what many considered a down year and still dropped 45 points in 57 games. Boeser for Debrusk is not a good deal in any realm in my books. 

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Cheers 2

Embarrassing the lack of value given around here regarding Boeser. Also the importance and potential he has on this team. Before you know it people are going to want to trade him for a draft pick. Absolutely spoiled with the amount talent we’ve gotten in recent years. Always wanting something new and shiny

c’mon people 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Embarrassing the lack of value given around here regarding Boeser. Also the importance and potential he has on this team. Before you know it people are going to want to trade him for a draft pick. Absolutely spoiled with the amount talent we’ve gotten in recent years. Always wanting something new and shiny

c’mon people 

you mean that stupid idiot who thinks its a great idea to trade Debrusk for Boeser? these guys are just trolling. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Given they play opposite wings the real question is do you take Debrusk over Miller on Petey's LW. Also I was amazed at Brock's ability to adapt his game and improve his forecheck in the playoffs. He didn't produce at his normal clip but boy was he hustling and busting his ass on forechecks. Not afraid to throw his body on defenders on the forecheck too. Boeser is the better offensive weapon (albeit it's close) and his willingness to adapt bodes really well in my books. And he has character out the wazoo. That's not including the fact Boeser not only has chemistry with our first line center but also our 2nd line center. Giving him more flexibility. I take the Flow over Debrusk every day of the week. And twice on Sunday. 

Edit: on second thought no, it isn't close. Boeser is just flat out the better offensive weapon. He had what many considered a down year and still dropped 45 points in 57 games. Boeser for Debrusk is not a good deal in any realm in my books. 

IMHO Boeser has a lot of growth to go yet. His +200 pounds will become a bigger part of his game. I like DeBrusk a lot but not more than Boeser. DeBrusk played PP2 this year when I watched him. Nice outside speed. 

On 9/18/2020 at 8:37 AM, stawns said:

put Debrusk with Petey and then compare.

I just prefer the way Debrusk plays, it's not about points..........they put up comparable goals and Debrusk brings more to the table, imo.  He's much harder to play against the Boeser

in what sense?

What I saw from Boeser in these playoffs was a player that wasn't necessarily able to play to his strengths (ie his lethal release wasn't there / wrist problems seem evidently hampering him) - he was not on the left half-wall to take those lethal one-timers on the powerplay - instead they had Miller there directing traffic - while Boeser was down low to provide a hard areas presence and puck retrieval/movement from behind the net.

In that context - he had an excellent playoffs in my opinion . He forechecked with outstanding consistency and intent - he went to the net front to try to capitalize on the garbage goals, playoff type goals - and he did and always has worked very hard without the puck - in my mind a very capable, if not quite good young defensive winger who lacks no attention to detail without the puck.  In my mind  he is as 'physical' as DeBrusk, while having a heavier presence.

The one sense in which I'd consider DeBrusk 'harder to play against' is an unconventional if not reverse use of that concept - his skating/speed.  Otherwise, I'm curious what makes DeBrusk seem 'harder to play against' - and I have to wonder if that in part is simply the rubbing off of the name on his back.  He may play a bit heavier than his frame (188 lbs) - but for me - if the perception is that he's more of a 'power forward' - I think that impression is questionable at best - and if we're talking about targets, I'd prefer an actual powerforward - and don't see DeBrusk as one.

• Cheers 2

On 9/17/2020 at 10:50 PM, Lionized27 said:

There's no player on the Canucks roster the Bruins would be willing to trade and the Canucks would be willing to offer. End of story.

Anything outside of these aforementioned parameters is nothing short of blasphemy.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1