The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] The Mainstream Media (Curious to get everyone's take on this)

Tystick

[Poll] The Mainstream Media (Curious to get everyone's take on this)  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Follow the money, is right. 
It’s strange how Soros’ name never comes up in this context. 

for me personally I think the Soros stuff is just a alt-right conspiracy theory. He's the same thing as the Koch brothers for the left. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

wonder why it's Soros that's always brought up? The Jewish billionaire globalist boogeyman is not a new phenomenon.

Edited by thejazz97
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

I think they realize it perfectly and milk it for all its worth. 

You think that the extreme ideologues of either side of the spectrum are aware of their similarities in rigidity of conviction and messaging and they milk it for profit? Fair enough. 

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Thats Racist GIFs | Tenor

or 

Tinfoil hats actually make brain control easier, report suggest

But in all seriousness..... always follow the money.  

For example Soros' organization contributed over $1 million dollars to Gregor Robertson's mayoral campaign... but either than a few websites posting the links tracing the funds... no one else bothered to question it.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You think that the extreme ideologues of either side of the spectrum are aware of their similarities in rigidity of conviction and messaging and they milk it for profit? Fair enough. 

completely. They need each other to make money. 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

His name comes up all the time and it’s usually based in old anti-Semitic tropes of him being a scheming Jew when he happens to simply be one of many extremely rich, old white men around the world using his power and money to influence politics in a manner he deems favorable; just like the Koch brothers. 

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Where do you live now? 
Are you seeing much on the streets which matches what is shown on TV? 

Los Angeles and it’s quiet at the moment but we did have protests the day the Louisville DA announced no one would face accountability for Breonna Tayler’s murder.

9 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

for me personally I think the Soros stuff is just a alt-right conspiracy theory. He's the same thing as the Koch brothers for the left. 

Pretty much yep. The funny thing is the Koch bros are/were worth way more than Soros (to the tune of 5-10x) but somehow he is the one pulling all the strings around the globe. But hey follow the money I guess....

EDIT:

Apparently the CK foundation teamed up with Soros' Open Society to create an anti-war think tank... Now they're working together....We're doomed!!!!!

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Pretty much yep. The funny thing is the Koch bros are/were worth way more than Soros (to the tune of 5-10x) but somehow he is the one pulling all the strings around the globe. But hey follow the money I guess....

the follow the $ comment was more about how our media use each other to profit off us. 

I hope this thread doesn't derail into stuff about Tom Hanks and pizza shops. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

yup. I suppose there could be a true believer or two in there but I think for the most part its theatre. 

I think most folks on TV might be playing the part, but their role does have an effect on the less than discerning purveyor of information.

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think most folks on TV might be playing the part, but their role does have an effect on the less than discerning purveyor of information.

which in the US is in the millions. How many people view masks as a political statement e.g.? yikes. 

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

His name comes up all the time and it’s usually based in old anti-Semitic tropes of him being a scheming Jew when he happens to simply be one of many extremely rich, old white men around the world using his power and money to influence politics in a manner he deems favorable; just like the Koch brothers. 

What you want to do is put a face on your enemy and create a bogeyman that your base can rally around.

Besides greedy Jews controlling the world you also want to insert replacement theory.

Soros is flooding white countries with mud people and hordes of 3rd world immigrants.

Soon they will replace the white folk through high birth rates and genocide.

Soros is the ultimate enemy in Hungary, U.S, Russia, Italy, Turkey, Armenia, Australia etc.

Many right wingers like Orban, Erdogan or Salvini owe their popularity to him.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

What you want to do is put a face on your enemy and create a bogeyman that your base can rally around.

Besides greedy Jews controlling the world you also want to insert replacement theory.

Soros is flooding white countries with mud people and hordes of 3rd world immigrants.

Soon they will replace the white folk through high birth rates and genocide.

Soros is the ultimate enemy in Hungary, U.S, Russia, Italy, Turkey, Armenia, Australia etc.

Many right wingers like Orban, Erdogan or Salvini owe their popularity to him.

It’s truly an old as dirt strategy. Unfortunately, it happens to work.

All MSM is bad.  Except one actually made legal arguments that reasonable people shouldn't take one of the most watched cable news shows seriously.  

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

• Thanks 1

Independent journalists and reporters and news outlets on social media and other platforms are much more reliable. In fact, I think they’re turning into and may already be the new MSM. People are moving with the times and it’s readily available to see. Nice not having to decipher bs like the TV MSM we’ve been accustomed to... Ratings/views wise, it echoes the same sentiment that there’s been a shift. MSM on TV is running but taking losses. 

this is why I don’t trust classic MSM for the most part

I vote B just because if the MSN wrote lies they would be caught with their pants down. As happens to Fox News too often.

But tge owners have a narrative that the journalist has to follow. But in that narrative the MSM is telling the truth. 

This is why people tend to diatrust MSM because MSM doesn't cover the issues needed.