The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Marc Staal, 2021 2nd-round pick to Red Wings for future considerations

Just now, Where's Wellwood said:

Staal only has one year left on his contract with a NMC so he had to waive it to be moved to Detroit.

Eriksson would cost more since he's 2 years and $6M.

Just bite the bullet and buy him out. We don't have the assets to spend

Pass on the buyout, trade with retention or full cap hit for a pair of 2nds in this case. Or just waive him next camp and let him sit at home or got the the AHL or on loan to europe if that is allowed and cross your fingers he gets a LTIR type injury

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Honestly, I like this. Makes dumping Eriksson a bit more likely. 

I sure hope JB can move LE if NYR can dump Staal. Yes more cap hit and an additional year of term but player had a NMC LE and his agent are trying to find a taker for his services period.

If only we could send Gadjovich and a 2021 2nd to rid LE. Hate to lose Lind tho!

3 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Staal only has one year left on his contract with a NMC so he had to waive it to be moved to Detroit.

Eriksson would cost more since he's 2 years and $6M.

Just bite the bullet and buy him out. We don't have the assets to spend

if we buy out eriksson his cap hit is still highwith the wayhiscontract structured   i feel like they tell him  mutually terminate contract or enjoy 2 yrs in utica on the bus if anything i offer a 2022 2nd rounder to get rid of sutter and  retain half of baertchi contract and offer a 3rd rounder     

cap savings 6 mill if eriksson  cancells contract or 1mill

plus 4.25 plus 1.8   so either  13 mill cleared or 7mill 

not to shabby

I wonder if JB is trying to play hardball with LE?  We aren't buying you out, we're not losing any assets to trade you, we're not paying anything to trade you, so expect that if your agent can't find a deal for you, you'll be playing on the farm next season, or in Europe if there is no AHL.  So, your move.  Want to retire?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2