The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitri Zlodeev | C

I guess its better to have some outrageous praise for a 6th rounder rather than not.  

I remember Zhukenov made an impression on me in one of the prospect games. He played a really responsible, smart game that it sounds like Zlodeyev plays as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 6:22 PM, DeNiro said:

I expect him to win board battles by being faster and smarter not by outmuscling bigger stronger players.

I don’t think timidness is the problem it’s being 18 in a men’s league.

It isn’t necessary for all players to win board battles, Larionov let his wingers pressure the boards while he remained high in perfect defensive position, if his wingers pressure created a turnover or potential uncertain possession, he would be the first to read it, and go to the offensive. Like this: 

Or like this:

19 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

it be awesome if he makes team Russia.  

That would be a nice get for sure. Not sure why he dropped so far, possibly won't come over? Or concerns about being physical? Because watching this kid play plus some of the better scouts gushing over him it seems we got ourselves a steal.

I love how many strong defensive prospects we have in our forward group.

17 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

That would be a nice get for sure. Not sure why he dropped so far, possibly won't come over? Or concerns about being physical? Because watching this kid play plus some of the better scouts gushing over him it seems we got ourselves a steal.

I love how many strong defensive prospects we have in our forward group.

This year's McDonough.

What is also underrated is Zlodeyev's knack for winning faceoffs. I remember when we had Kyle Pettit purely for the fact he was good at faceoffs but struggled to play the rest of the game.  Zlodeyev seems to have a lot of different tools, and seeing him assemble all of that together in a toolbox that makes him super effective.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Third game he has missed in the MHL due to injury, out since the Kajarla Cup tourney.

Saw some tweets suggesting a hand injury, but no confirmation, not considered severe by day to day injury.

I wonder if this is the reason he was left off the world junior roster after speculation that he would at least be on the tryout roster.

7 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I wonder if this is the reason he was left off the world junior roster after speculation that he would at least be on the tryout roster.

Very likely, he had slowly moved his way up the lineup in the Karjala Cup tourney for team Russia. First started off as the 13th forward and became a mainstay on the 4th line and saw regular PK shifts. 

Good thing is that he will be eligible next WJC too, so if he can recover well and have a strong season in the VHL/MHL he may very well be one of the top centres for Russia next tourney.

• Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...