The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I got fully vaccinated with the understanding that being Vaccinated would lessen the severity of the virus and chances of being hospitalized. 

you are surprised, that your understanding of the reasons for vaccination, turned out to be valid?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I got fully vaccinated with the understanding that being Vaccinated would lessen the severity of the virus and chances of being hospitalized. 

Well then that's exactly what these vaccines for certain do.  The science is certaind.  There is no doubt.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, gurn said:

you are surprised, that your understanding of the reasons for vaccination, turned out to be valid?

The newest antivaxxer stupidity from Joe (I'm not a horse, but i do get regular worming) Rogan and the local feedstore tack board.  Complete and utter ignorance.

2 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Got petty up here pretty fast eh lol

Yup.  We are keeping passports and masking and other restrictions in place for the forseeable future.  We might lessen them over the summer, but they will be back in the fall.  And only those with boosters and a fourth shot will qualify.  Too bad for those antivaxxers.  And we are going to make vaxx passports mandatory for all Covid care.  Nice eh!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarthMelvin said:

I understand what you are saying,

You are speaking on a population as a whole. while I am speaking on the 

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Feb. 16-March 1) - Total 439

• Not vaccinated: 128 (29.2%)
  • Partially vaccinated: 23 (5.2%)
  • Fully vaccinated: 288 (65.6%)

The 439 people are what's factored here...

I seen it, but my post was strictly on the 439 cases 

Regardless... 288 of 439 cases of fully vaccinated people are hospitalized. It's hard to believe. 

288 are fully vaccinated.

almost 90% of the population has at least 1 shot

meaning that almost 40% of all hospitalized cases are not vaccinated but only make up around 10% to a max of 15% of the population.

If you need a reference point of why that is bad, here is a link to a basic ratio calculator.

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/math/ratios.php

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I am sure you know what I mean. But I am not going to engage.

No, I don't know what you mean.

I can only go by what you print.

And it is true- vaccinated people don't catch covid at the same rate as unvaccinated. It is also proven that vaccinated people that do, catch covid; end up in the hospital  significantly less often than unvaxxed covid sufferers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I am sure you know what I mean. But I am not going to engage.

Sure ignore the facts.  That's what antivxxers do, right?  Like the morons in the trucker occupation of Ottawa did.  They just ignore the facts, and create their own.  Biggest buch of baby whiner losers we've seen  EVER.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

And it is true- vaccinated people don't catch covid at the same rate as unvaccinated. It is also proven that vaccinated people that do, catch covid; end up in the hospital  significantly less often than unvaxxed covid sufferers.

It's non arguable fact that a boosted 80 year old is less likely to get seriously ill from Covid than an unvaccinated 20 to 30 year old.  But the antivaxxers just continue to ignore the facts and fill up our hospitals.  Is there a more childish and selfish group?

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure ignore the facts.  That's what antivxxers do, right?  Like the morons in the trucker occupation of Ottawa did.  They just ignore the facts, and create their own.  Biggest buch of baby whiner losers we've seen  EVER.

Slow down a bit Alf- 

20 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I got fully vaccinated

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

This is true, as per the number present, 65.6 percent of people vaccinated out of 439 are more likely to contract the virus. Significantly MORE as per the numbers I have quoted.

12 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

65.6 percent of people vaccinated out of 439 are more likely to contract the virus

What are you trying to say here?

65.6 % of the people in the hospital with covid have been vaccinated   vaccinated people make up close to 90% of the population at large

meaning unvaxxed end up in hospital about 5 times more often than vaxxed.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Thats what it did. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are we doing the ratio / percentage lesson again?

Can we sell this re-run to syndication?

I ordered vanilla ice cream. When it arrived, I got mad that they served me vanilla ice cream.

• Haha 3