The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i think they need to get all those people to sign medical waivers

to forego any future treatment should they get covid19

and then they can do as they wish

Check out Ohio’s Covid 19 stats...and they want to open it up. Holy crap. They have half the deaths of Canada with a third of the population and a quarter of the number of cases. Covidiots indeed. 

• Upvote 3

Haven't been updating (had to take a time out from the news because it was hammering me down), but here it is:

New:  44

Total:  1,561

VCH. 670

FH.   623

VI.  92

Int. 146

North. 30

Care Homes:  No new

Ongoing outbreak at Nursery (interior) with new cases

48 Mission FCC (7 in hospital)

Overall:

31 hospitalized

59 in ICU

3 more deaths!!   (75 total now) - 1 man in his 60's in the interior   :(

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Me_ said:

They were not just in their cars...they were clogging the side walks as well. With a population of 10 million they have very similar numbers to Canada. Looking like their numbers are going to get worse. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Check out Ohio’s Covid 19 stats...and they want to open it up. Holy crap. They have half the deaths of Canada with a third of the population and a quarter of the number of cases. Covidiots indeed. 

so what are you suggesting then?

they are ripe for evolutionary outcomes

and should be permitted to re-open ?

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

VCH is NOT following this...although most gyms have closed (on their own).  Should be mandatory to shut down.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/04/15/fraser-health-orders-closure-of-all-indoor-gyms-fitness-facilities/

i agree

but if they do allow gyms to remain open

i think there should also be an exemption

to be able to do shots from someone else's navel

seems to be about as safe

:bigblush:

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

so what are you suggesting then?

they are ripe for evolutionary outcomes

and should be permitted to re-open ?

They are ripe but I say bring in the national guard and give them something to really whine about. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i really like/liked burrows

but come on

covid19 is a tad more important

maybe not on a sports board

but in general life

oh

and btw

have you seen the trump thread??

Not my intention to downplay COVID-19, just looking for some optimism :) 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, spur1 said:

They are ripe but I say bring in the national guard and give them something to really whine about. 

they

and the similar protesters in michigan

should each hold a nice parade

so festive

then, both can be recorded with fancy pictures

in the annals of history

like the philly parade is remembered

in relation to the spanish flu epidemic

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

they

and the similar protesters in michigan

should each hold a nice parade

so festive

then, both can be recorded with fancy pictures

in the annals of history

like the philly parade is remembered

in relation to the spanish flu epidemic

Yes that is about what Fox and Trump are calling for. Funny how history repeats itself. 

• Cheers 3

So I went out on my weekly groceries run today.

The lineups weren’t so bad because , well what else do you have to do really...

So for weeks now both Trudeau and Ford, as well as other authority figures in this country such as Legault in Quebec, go on TV every single day to tell us about social distancing guidelines.

One of the guidelines is to grocery shop alone.

Well, not 2 minutes into my shopping, I see a couple. Now it can be very hard to tell someone you don’t know that they’re doing something they shouldn’t.

But I did: ”You shouldn’t be shopping together as a couple.” I got a nonchalant thumbs up. They were in their early 20’s. You know. The “ok boomer” act.

Then about 2 minutes later, I see another couple. So again I say: “You should be shopping alone. Not as a couple.”

The girl didn’t say anything. But the guy said: “shut your f**king mouth”. So I said: “YOU are flaunting strong advice from the government to grocery shop alone”. He flipped me the finger and that was that. They were in their early 20’s.

So I went to see the manager. I wanted to know why they’re letting couples in when the government is telling everyone to shop alone. He couldn’t answer me so he invited me to go talk to the police officer who was monitoring the store. So we went.

The police officer said they cannot enforce separation of couples. He was very nice and I understand. There are no enforceable policy in Toronto for crowds under five people.

To me that seems entirely useless because you could be with a different set of five people all the time.  But whatever.

So I go back in to finish my shopping, and another couple. So I tell them: ”You shouldn’t be shopping together as a couple.” They were very nice and they didn’t know about that. But I felt they got it, as his girlfriend instantly distanced. The we’re closer to their 30’s.

There is no punchline to this story. Just a sense that the entitled early 20’s of this world might start to eat pavement very soon.

• Wat 2

1 hour ago, spur1 said:

They were not just in their cars...they were clogging the side walks as well. With a population of 10 million they have very similar numbers to Canada. Looking like their numbers are going to get worse. 

I wonder how many of them support the right to protest from climate change activists? 

• Cheers 1