The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The disaffected Bernie Bros and apathetic undecideds staying home are what cost Hillary the election in 2016.

That and:

1) She was really disliked (whether you think it was valid reasons or not is subject for another debate) by a good number of votes which Donnie took full advantage of in his campaigning

2) She really gave *no reason* to vote for her other than "other guy is a piece of ****"...."vote for me"!  She didn't give enough reasons why people should vote for her.  You need more than "don't vote for him".

She campaigned as badly as Scheer in our election.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Hey hey, she's a survivor.  She was the first person in N. America to get it in January - let's cut her some slack.  I am sure it's very hard to conduct an interview when you're rudely getting interrupted by the interviewers breathing - I mean who breathes when they're on tv?   Totally unprofessional.

I think Daniel Negreanu said it best: That interview couldn't possibly have gone worse for her. She came off as a completely out of touch moron. I'll be shocked if she's re-elected.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Russia and Comey, as well

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think that looking at the razor thin margins in the Rust belt, either of those things not happening could have made the difference for HRC....

MI, OH, PA Trump won by 70k, around 100k of those that voted for Bernie in the primaries voted for Trump,

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Unfortunately, it's the "why should I bother voting" attitude that led to the election of Trump.

Dyed in the wool Republicans always vote and they always vote red.

The disaffected Bernie Bros and apathetic undecideds staying home are what cost Hillary the election in 2016.

TBH, those that don’t vote can shut the &^@# up and stop complaining.

You don’t vote, you don’t matter!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That and:

1) She was really disliked (whether you think it was valid reasons or not is subject for another debate) by a good number of votes which Donnie took full advantage of in his campaigning

2) She really gave *no reason* to vote for her other than "other guy is a piece of ****"...."vote for me"!  She didn't give enough reasons why people should vote for her.  You need more than "don't vote for him".

She campaigned as badly as Scheer in our election.

I think there was an element of both of those things, but the "being disliked" thing is true of every politician.

As far as a reason to vote for her, I don't really agree. Trump was voted in largely because he convinced people that they had never had it so bad and it was going to take a non-politician like him to fix it. Hillary had a ton of political experience They were literally polar opposites in that regard.

Even with that, she carried the popular vote. The problem was, voters in swing states believed Trump's lies and vague promises of making things better for them.

I stand by my assertion that if the Bernie Bros hadn't stayed home, (or voted for Trump out of spite) it would have been enough to swing the election in her favor.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Unfortunately, it's the "why should I bother voting" attitude that led to the election of Trump.

Dyed in the wool Republicans always vote and they always vote red.

It's always the same, a small percentage of the population votes. A.k.a., people with serious money to either gain or lose. I guess if I was faced with that idiot I might have actually lowered my standards and voted. Republicans vs Democrats, A shining example of why the voting process is so flawed. Those people don't even vote for what they believe in, they just vote for their favorite color, which is pretty similar here. Brutally undercutting of intelligence. And after voting all of those voters are left with zero input except to take what these nimrods shove up there arse's.

I would have voted Sanders. lol

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think Daniel Negreanu said it best: That interview couldn't possibly have gone worse for her. She came off as a completely out of touch moron. I'll be shocked if she's re-elected.

Oh I know, that was cringe worthy.

One of the top comments on twitter says it all:

Replying to
Spreading Chinese propaganda. China doesn’t want our economy open. Anderson doing China’s bidding.

God dam that country is a straight up mess.  Maybe we should build a wall...
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Depends on the candidate.  Look at the GOP Gov. of Florida.  You'd think a schmuck (hey, let's keep 'Spring Break' going doing this virus outbreak)  like that has no chance of being re-elected even with the WWE money helping to fund his campaign.  But look at the Dem candidate he beat in his last election (a sad case) what he did in his life.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Eh, can't blame the public if they don't want to chose between who's the least corrupt.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Oh I know, that was cringe worthy.

One of the top comments on twitter says it all:

Replying to
Spreading Chinese propaganda. China doesn’t want our economy open. Anderson doing China’s bidding.

God dam that country is a straight up mess.  Maybe we should build a wall...

Do people even think their conspiracy theories through?  Covering up your own statistics is one thing, but to send out propaganda to hurt other economies?  If China was caught doing that, say goodbye to all their trade deals, that would backfire so bad it wouldn't even be funny.

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Eh, can't blame the public if they don't want to chose between who's the least corrupt.  

Listen, people don’t have to vote.
But lot of them like to offer their thoughts on the political situation.

If you voted I will listen to you, if not, &^@# off!

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Haha, I'll complain all I want. That statement people make is one of the most head-scratching ones out there. You don't get a say after you vote whether you vote for the winner or the loser. So what do you expect, the people that didn't vote for the current ahole get to whine and complain, while those that voted the current leadership just sit back and shut up?

Like, what does that accomplish?

P.s. shhhhh this just in ... you don't matter if you vote either :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, I'll complain all I want. That statement people make is one of the most head-scratching ones out there. You don't get a say after you vote whether you vote for the winner or the loser. So what do you expect, the people that didn't vote for the current ahole get to whine and complain, while those that voted the current leadership just sit back and shut up?

Like, what does that accomplish?

P.s. shhhhh this just in ... you don't matter if you vote either :lol:

You can complain all you want, as I said I could give two $&!#s about your complaining.

As far as people that vote don’t matter, that’s very asinine statement.

Those that voted for Trump sure do matter, because he won, it’s very simple concept.

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:
23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

If that is the case, no candidate is worth your vote, then you still vote, but purposely spoil your ballot.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, coho8888 said:

I see something similar.  Here's what I think the timeline could be in the relaxing of the rules currently in place:

-  Beds Opened up for elective surgeries

-  Special needs students in limited class sizes go back (part or full time)

-  Regular Students in lower grades (K to 7) part time schooling (two days a week) smaller classes, Social Distancing if possible, No Recess or Play time

-  Regular Students in High School part time schooling 1 day a week, smaller classes, Mostly E-Learning

-  All Schools must be thoroughly cleaned every day (increase janitorial staff)

-  Non-essential retail opened up with social distancing measures similar to grocery stores limited number of people at any one time, possibly mandate face       mask use and the cleaning of hands with sanitizer before entering.

- Restaurants open up again but with spacing restrictions, limiting contact with servers (i.e. using note pads to order) hand sanitizers at every table.  Initially only allow members of the same household at a table

-  Large gatherings will still be discouraged (I think enforcement may be stepped up)  Social Distancing will still be in place when walking inside or outside.

-  Local amateur sports tournaments may be allowed if contact is minimal and number of spectators is limited

-  Unless a Vaccine is found, no major sporting events, festivals or large gatherings will be taking place.

I don't see anyway that schools are re-opening for this school year.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, coho8888 said:

I see something similar.  Here's what I think the timeline could be in the relaxing of the rules currently in place:

-  Beds Opened up for elective surgeries

-  Special needs students in limited class sizes go back (part or full time)

-  Regular Students in lower grades (K to 7) part time schooling (two days a week) smaller classes, Social Distancing if possible, No Recess or Play time

-  Regular Students in High School part time schooling 1 day a week, smaller classes, Mostly E-Learning

-  All Schools must be thoroughly cleaned every day (increase janitorial staff)

-  Non-essential retail opened up with social distancing measures similar to grocery stores limited number of people at any one time, possibly mandate face       mask use and the cleaning of hands with sanitizer before entering.

- Restaurants open up again but with spacing restrictions, limiting contact with servers (i.e. using note pads to order) hand sanitizers at every table.  Initially only allow members of the same household at a table

-  Large gatherings will still be discouraged (I think enforcement may be stepped up)  Social Distancing will still be in place when walking inside or outside.

-  Local amateur sports tournaments may be allowed if contact is minimal and number of spectators is limited

-  Unless a Vaccine is found, no major sporting events, festivals or large gatherings will be taking place.

I don't see anyway that schools are re-opening for this school year.

• Upvote 1