The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Travis Green said you could read into the lines a little more than a normal camp, so I'll do that!

Its interesting they opted for Myers w/ Juolevi - instead of Hughes, then Chatfield w/ QH. I'm sure this could change pretty quickly, but it hints to me they'd like to try slotting Hamonic right into Tanev's old role. 

As a sidenote; Its also a carrot for Chatfield to start alongside a bonafide NHLer. I imagine they view him ahead of Rafferty/Rathbone on the depth chart at the moment.

• Vintage 2

4 hours ago, lmm said:

Huggy  waiting for Hammey to arrive

while Hoggy plays with Horlie, maybe the give Hawrly a couple of shifts up there

is it bad if we call our goalie Holey the Goalie?

And getting personal skills coaching from newly promoted assistant coach ... Higgy

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Millsy said:

Indeed. And many teams looking to win and add depth will want guys like those named above. I think Sutter given his contract is up, is a Center and still can play a shutdown role will be wanted. Pearson will draw some interest too but I think we may want to hang onto him for the run, same with Benn as you always need depth (unless we have Try by then). I can see Roussel being moved too. 

Not so sure that Canadian teams will do much trading this year.   Will they trade within their division? And if with a US based team, any players acquired will likely need to quarantine before playing.

So there might not be much activity except between the US teams

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Until Edler is here, I don't see other players, not named Hughes. moving past him, as he takes on a lot of minutes. I think there will be a slow transition when we see it, however.

Until Edler is here?

Or while Edler is here...

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

It is exciting but those will likely not be traded unless the Canucks are way out of a playoff position at the TDL, not to mention, Podz can play regular season but will not be eligible for playoffs.

I wouldn't be so sure.

35 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Some of those questions were just nails on chalkboard especially the Petey and JV ones.

How has no one noticed this??? Horrendous questions, anti-team/anti-organization questions.

The questions are absolutely NOT grounded in genuine interest from the fanbase. Its like the

media are giving them zero respect for what they did last season. Fyck sakes i would have 

their heads! The audacity to ask those questions! 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Not so sure that Canadian teams will do much trading this year.   Will they trade within their division? And if with a US based team, any players acquired will likely need to quarantine before playing.

So there might not be much activity except between the US teams

Good points never considered those! 

23 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Agree 100% they were just gross.

Petey is one of the best players in the NHL and these guys are still asking about his weight. Especially after the push back and fight he gave through the playoffs. The Disrespect.

They basically kicked off the interview by asking Jake if he was fat. 

There should be repercussions for such stupidity. Who wants to skate their ass off only to sit there and be criticized after a practice. Doesn’t help anything or anyone

The questions come off so poorly because they are almost passive aggressive by there nature but

subtle enough that they hope the players dont notice. They DO notice and its an insult to think they 

wont be noticed. Did Holtby or Shmidt get asked about weight?

• Like 2