The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

26 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I mentioned his play last night but take a look at Romanov tonight

i did not realize until today that he was drafted right after Woo !!! 

He had a good showing in both his WJ’s... 

Still don’t believe MTL has any star power (yet) other then Weber and Price.   A few second tier players and a whole lot of middle six ones.   That said Vegas started the same way. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

I'm getting more and more of the opinion that getting rid of Roussel would help this team - even if it's just addition by subtraction.  Maybe we're not fully 'rebuilt' yet, but surely we're past the stage where we to justify him on the roster because we need his grit and veteran presence to 'insulate' the young guys. 

I'm just so sick of watching him take selfish/dumb penalties game after game.  If Jake and/or another young player took those penalties night after night......well........

No one else can fight consistently, EP and Quinn would get used and abused on a nightly basis. He is a good third liner, just needs to get his $&!# together.  

• Vintage 1

My thoughts are that Holtby is a technical goalie, he stops the shots he is expected to stop and lets in shots he is expected to let in. He isn't the "big save at the right type" goalie, thats good and bad at same time.

Holtby is a "team goalie" if you surround him with a great core he can be unstoppable, he isn't a solo warrior like Marky was he is a extension of the defence in front of him, which makes a technical goalie so valuable to a strong defence team.

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

MIssing that Tofolli guy. Was a great fit here. Oh well cap and stuff.

I've watched all Habs games and he was invisible before last night.

Nucks had 15 million in cap, TT wasn't not re-signed due to cap.

Benning wasn't going 4 years and seemed to want spend the cap-space on D.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

No one else can fight consistently, EP and Quinn would get used and abused on a nightly basis. He is a good third liner, just needs to get his $&!# together.  

One has to wonder - how much JB misses Ferland in his overall plans. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I've watched all Habs games and he was invisible before last night.

Nucks had 15 million in cap, TT wasn't not re-signed due to cap.

Benning wasn't going 4 years and seemed to want spend the cap-space on D.

If anyone complains about TT - just think - we have our very own almost identical case in Tanner Pearson.   Should we lock him up at say 4 x 3.75?  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Team defense as a whole has been atrocious, but let's blame the guy coming into a new system after a year with no hockey, playing for a complete idiot in Baumer.

But what about our first period against Calgary?   The team can play good defense .... just needs more reps 

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Team defense as a whole has been atrocious, but let's blame the guy coming into a new system after a year with no hockey, playing for a complete idiot in Baumer.

I'm not blaming him for anything. I just couldn't care less whether he plays or sits, but am wondering about Edler's status. 

Edited by 'NucK™
typo