The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 minutes ago, BPA said:

Hope EP gets going.  We need him to work his alien magic.

If he still stumbles, maybe try juggling the lines and switch with Bo.  EP playing with Hogs and Pearson.  Maybe he can make a Swedish connection with Hogs.  Or maybe EP plays a bit more selfishly instead of looking to pass.  Dunno.

EP will have a five point game.   Maybe not this game - or the next one .... but it’s coming. 

Do we know if anyone has been recalled from Taxi squad? I would think if Hamonic and Edler were both down, we'd need to call up one at least.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Benn is currently unavailable and did actually test positive for COVID and can't rejoin until he tests negative at least 3 straight days. If this is the case, I would think that we need to call up at least one guy. Both Hamonic and Edler would leave us with 5 active for tonight. If we do need to recall, who gets tapped?

Rathbone

Brisebois

Rafferty

What do you think, guys, who would you want stepping in?

As much as I would like to see how Rathbone and Rafferty can perform in the NHL, I think Brisebois is the only guy we have there with a few games of NHL experience. I think he would be the guy for me to see step in.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Do we know if anyone has been recalled from Taxi squad? I would think if Hamonic and Edler were both down, we'd need to call up one at least.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Benn is currently unavailable and did actually test positive for COVID and can't rejoin until he tests negative at least 3 straight days. If this is the case, I would think that we need to call up at least one guy. Both Hamonic and Edler would leave us with 5 active for tonight. If we do need to recall, who gets tapped?

Rathbone

Brisebois

Rafferty

As much as I would like to see how Rathbone and Rafferty can perform in the NHL, I think Brisebois is the only guy we have there with a few games of NHL experience. I think he would be the guy for me to see step in.

Rafferty is more mobile. I’d slot him in over Breisbos 

I think at this point, Eriksson needs to be slotted back in. As much as I can’t stand his play, at least he can kill penalties. Might even be able to pop in a couple EN goals. Roussell needs to be scratched after last nights performance. This might be the only time this season I’m rooting for Loui 

• Wat 7

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

And if he puts up another donut, he'll have 1 assist in 6 games. 

That’s a worrying thought. Most superstars find ways to be productive when they are slumping. But Petey hasn’t looked good at all besides his between the legs deke last night 

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

Either way. He's a hound and doesn't belong on the 4th, even though him and Beagle have played very well together.

He reminds me of Jannick Hansen and I could see him being used that way in the future: Great checking line winger who can do spot duty in the top 6 when needed. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Rathbone

Brisebois

Rafferty

I believe Benn is cleared already and could play.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

He reminds me of Jannick Hansen and I could see him being used that way in the future: Great checking line winger who can do spot duty in the top 6 when needed. 

I think it would be worth a shot to try him with Jake and Gaudette. They're all in the same age range, can skate, cause havoc, and put up secondary points. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, bree2 said:

he played 27 minutes due to Edler and Hamonic being out and he ended up with 2 more assists, nope Hughes was not bad!

Not too mention the D as a whole has been playing like trash and he's still got 5 points and he's a defenseman in his second season. 

The problem isn't Hughes or Hamonic or Myers or Juolevi,  you could put out Makar Hughes Hedman Carlson Pietrangelo heiskanen burns...etc and we'd still play like trash defensively it's really all about the coaching at this point. The system has been garbage for years and heavily relies on winning every game 6-5.

Marky already has a shut out this year, it took him 4 years in Vancouver to achieve it. 

• Vintage 1

Well after last nights near disaster where they blew the lead 4 times, gave up the lead in the 3rd, continued poor D along with Defensive coverage by forwards...but somehow managed to bring the PP back to life, and win it in a shoot out.....
Unfortunately they have never been good with Back to backs so they will need a fair amount of puck luck and lots of grit and determination to eek another win against the Habs...lots of boring hockey is required tonight...clog up the neutral zone ....and especially if Edler and Hamonic are out for tonight....sigh.... GCG.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Schedule has been brutal to us so far, I’ve not looked at it fully be we have a lot of back to backs and 3 in 4s hopefully with how compressed ours is at the moment there will be a period where we get a bit more spacing and can have some between game training sessions and work on things, while other teams get exhausted.

hoping for a tighter game tonight we cannot keep giving up rush chances against and win. Hoping EP gets on the board as well

Schedule is the same for everyone. Not an excuse

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1