The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You think Canucks have it bad? Dubois benched for basically the whole game.

Rate this topic

Dazzle

Benching a player only works for some. I think it'll work for PLD, watch him come out and score a hat trick next game. We tried it with Virtanen and he was just as invisible on the ice or benched.

Trade-wise we aint getting him unless we include a big gun because Colombus want to win now. It would have to be around Boeser or Horvat. 

Virtanen has no stock, Juolevi really has none until we build it up so unless we want to consider Hoglander or Podz I doubt they're looking.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Pointless clip.  PDL is one of the best players along the boards in hockey.

Which highlights his Messierian effort on that play. Just zero s**ts given. Could you imagine trading for a player that may not like the team, and willfully puts out a beer league effort?

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think political ideals should be even acknowledged in that sense and I don't think it would be distracting for them.

Because that sort of stuff(politics) doesn't matter in the grand scheme of an NHL season.

Hockey is an escape.

Kinda the whole issue isn't it? Hockey is an escape and then you get to your dressing room and guys are screaming about Trump and bitching about the "far left" or whatever it is those QAnon people do 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Dubois is waaaay better than Jake. He's not happy in Columbus and wants out. They should trade him to VAN. 

to VAN: Dubois

to CBJ: Juolevi, Gaudette and Pearson

Miller - Dubois - Pettersson

Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser

You're probably not getting him unless you give up Miller++ or Horvat.

• Huggy Bear 1

46 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not interested, not at the price it'd likely take. Let him be someone else's headache. Not interested in a guy who'll give up on his team. 

I'd do my homework first as to what's going on, but given Torts' history plus the fact that CBJ's leadership group is bat**** insane, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.  He'd be a good fit for a team desperate for a center, but I'd still be lowballing.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd do my homework first as to what's going on, but given Torts' history plus the fact that CBJ's leadership group is bat**** insane, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.  He'd be a good fit for a team desperate for a center, but I'd still be lowballing.

That's a fair point, Torts has a shelf life and his old school approaches don't work the way they might have in previous decades. I dunno, I don't like the optics of a guy wanting out, I remember when many Nucks fans would have tarred and feathered Kesler. 

Guess we'll have to see what kind of information leaks out, because the way the CBJ story is trending it's only a matter of time before we hear more. 

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There are too many teams interested for CBJ to take a lowball offer.  Trade apparently in the works and could come as early as tomorrow.   Some teams have already been informed they are out. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's a fair point, Torts has a shelf life and his old school approaches don't work the way they might have in previous decades. I dunno, I don't like the optics of a guy wanting out, I remember when many Nucks fans would have tarred and feathered Kesler. 

Guess we'll have to see what kind of information leaks out, because the way the CBJ story is trending it's only a matter of time before we hear more. 

Apparently Jones and Werenski are pretty vocal Qanon guys.  I'm not saying this is a reason to dog it on the ice, but I'd probably be requesting a trade too if that kind of talk was going on in the locker room on a regular basis.  It's never good to see a guy want out, but it's up to the GM regarding whether or not it will be an issue on the new team.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, mll said:

There are too many teams interested for CBJ to take a lowball offer.  Trade apparently in the works and could come as early as tomorrow.   Some teams have already been informed they are out. 

That's fair enough, and I don't doubt there will be teams that will be offering closer to market value than I personally would give up.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Apparently Jones and Werenski are pretty vocal Qanon guys.  I'm not saying this is a reason to dog it on the ice, but I'd probably be requesting a trade too if that kind of talk was going on in the locker room on a regular basis.  It's never good to see a guy want out, but it's up to the GM regarding whether or not it will be an issue on the new team.

Yeah, I saw that.. given how contentious things have been leading up to and post-election I imagine it's probably been interesting. 

I wonder if Winnipeg will give it a shot, I don't see Colorado going for it. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, I saw that.. given how contentious things have been leading up to and post-election I imagine it's probably been interesting. 

I wonder if Winnipeg will give it a shot, I don't see Colorado going for it. 

Playing in Canada away from all the craziness down there is probably pretty appealing to him too, plus the offered package probably makes most sense for both sides.  I suspect the holdup is on what Columbus would have to add.