The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | January 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, SNP, TSN5, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Ya sitting Gaudette is the sure fire way to develop him.. Easier than coaching him..

And Sutter and Beagle have been so stellar it is obvious why you would choose them.

Give me a break.

Don't forget Pearson, invisible all season 

Roussel who only manages to take idiotic penalties 

but boy that bad apple Gauds 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

17 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That really surprises me.   Gaudette has actually looked pretty good so far this season.   Roussel is sitting if it was up to me.

This is how I would roll:

Miller-Horvat-Pettersson  (the "most of the eggs in one basket" line)

Hoglander-Gaudette-Boeser (given butter soft offensive deployment where they can dominate)

Pearson-Sutter-Motte (play this line like they were killing a penalty.  Trap and collapse around the net)

MacEwen-Beagle-Virtanen (energy line)

Edler-Schmidt

Hughes-Myers

Juolevi-Benn

Holtby

Demko

Edited by DarkIndianRises

51 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

People say “its too early to call for Green’s head”

4 years is too early? 

think they probably meant too early this season, if the boys keep going downhill could see him maybe gone mid season

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

think they probably meant too early this season, if the boys keep going downhill could see him maybe gone mid season

With Covid and quarantine I think he just ends up running out the contract and start fresh with new coach next year. Logistically speaking it makes the most sense. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

With Covid and quarantine I think he just ends up running out the contract and start fresh with new coach next year. Logistically speaking it makes the most sense. 

I get the Covid angle fir sure but also cant help thinking about the many recent teams that have made runs after an in season coaching change 

at some point JB has to move him out before he gets moved out 

3 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I guess a real negative about being such a young team is they got a lot more shook to see a couple teammates leave than a seasoned vet would.. Could be why Green's sticking to the vets to right the ship tonight

It was probably nothing complicated; perhaps they just put the name of the rookies & the usual suspects in a hat then drew Gauds name ...