The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just One More View

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

Just now, Timråfan said:

Nope, Vrackett and Malhotra is gone... So who of quality is still here. 

And if we count Inge Hammarström, wich probably got us first reports about both Petey and Höglander is also gone. 

Again, the team is still full of nothing but people of quality.

If you're not going to provide anything of substance than neither will I. lol

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Nope, Brackett and Malhotra is gone... So who of quality is still here. 

And if we count Inge Hammarström, wich probably got us first reports about both Petey and Höglander is also gone. 

Delorme was the one who was responsible for Petey which has been proven to you numerous times. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/kuzma-ron-delorme-delivered-first-hard-sell-to-get-elias-pettersson-on-canucks-draft-radar/wcm/dd4f3262-74a9-4ccf-a57f-c35f2847e97e/amp/

On 2/6/2021 at 8:14 AM, wai_lai416 said:

I've always bashed Benning drafting even till this day. He did great with petterson boeser and early return on Hoglander great. Hughes is not like he drafted a gem out of no where.. its he slide down the board as people were concern with his size and defense which is evidence early so far this season..  every other one of his draft pick have been duds.. its actually pretty pathetic on a team that have been rebuilding for 5-6 years to have so little nhl caliber regulars.. Gaudette isn't turning out to what we expected as a 3c.. virtanen is in the press box. Juolevi as a 7/8th defenseman on a team that can't play defense demko havent looked great other than playing Ottawa and the bubble last year.. podz look like a hit or miss.. batting 50% on 6 1st rounder that were mostly top 10 picks.. his later picks other than hogs isn't looking like any will become anything more than a bottom 6 bottom pairing D if they even make it to the NHL. His drafting sucks.. his ufa signing sucks.. his cap management sucks.. the defense and the goalie issue aint going to be fixed anytime soon either.. its not like the canucks will have plenty of cap after hughes petterson re signs and then boeser and Horvat extension coming up.

If your that tough on JB, then 2/3 of the league is below that ... and wow MG is the worst drafter in the history of the Canucks and one of the worst ever without even getting into this bar you've set for JB.    As of right now only one other Canucks GM has drafted at the same rate as JB - do you know which one that is?    I doubt it without some google searching.    Honestly only Podz was a pick i wanted out of every first pick...  who were your picks? 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Nope, Brackett and Malhotra is gone... So who of quality is still here. 

And Thomas Gradin is our other Swedish scout that is still here had a hand in drafting Edler as well, also pushed for Pettersson that you conveniently ignore. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol so podz is a gurantee hit? wasn't too impressive in world junior either. i mean by ur logic every player that looks great in junior and what not a guranteed hit.. so what happened to virtanen here?

ummm Podz isn't lazy.. he did great by the way, much like his team, nobody can finish his passes to put pucks in the net or his point totals would be through the roof but I doubt you watched him closely because beside having skills like no one's business, he also plays a great D game and comparing him to JV? are you stupid? 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, gurn said:

This thread is similar to the Francesco Aquilini thread:

Both are circuses, with out an admission charge.

Yet as folks were rushin' for the lifeboats, I was(ftr) casually rearrangin' the lounge chairs..cool as Bogie, smokin' my stogie :^)

Now let's raise our glasses to the boys goin' on a nice lil' roll here...

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yet as folks were rushin' for the lifeboats, I was(ftr) casually rearrangin' the lounge chairs..cool as Bogie, smokin' my stogie :^)

Now let's raise our glasses to the boys goin' on a nice lil' roll here...

I was more the guy standing in the middle of the road while everyone else was running from the apparent aliens from Independence Day.

I'm still alive so it must be not all that bad.

• Cheers 2

51 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I was more the guy standing in the middle of the road while everyone else was running from the apparent aliens from Independence Day.

I'm still alive so it must be not all that bad.

Nah those we're just Petey's relatives showing up to the party early.. you know how those aliens can be like, but I bet their proud of Petey now

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

And Thomas Gradin is our other Swedish scout that is still here had a hand in drafting Edler as well, also pushed for Pettersson that you conveniently ignore. 

Gradin was probably no. 2 to get heads up on Petey. 

Inge was definately first and he seemed almost religious about how good Petey was from the start. 

But, Delorme probably had a mistress in Timrå since 1898 and knew everything around the woods here. :bigblush:

But I believe Delorme was third or fourth in line, or maybe fifth or sixth... I'm not sure how many scouts they have around here. 

Then, Delorme might be the first who ever spoke to Benning about Petey. That might be true. B)

33 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Gradin was probably no. 2 to get heads up on Petey. 

Inge was definately first and he seemed almost religious about how good Petey was from the start. 

But, Delorme probably had a mistress in Timrå since 1898 and knew everything around the woods here. :bigblush:

But I believe Delorme was third or fourth in line, or maybe fifth or sixth... I'm not sure how many scouts they have around here. 

Then, Delorme might be the first who ever spoke to Benning about Petey. That might be true. B)

Delorme was first, and most vocal from Benning's own mouth.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Delorme was first, and most vocal from Benning's own mouth.

As I said before... Delorme might have been the one that talked to Benning first. But to be more vocal about Petey than Inge is almost impossible.

In 2016 Inge said even Stewie Wonder can see how good Petey is. :bigblush:

13 hours ago, IBatch said:

If your that tough on JB, then 2/3 of the league is below that ... and wow MG is the worst drafter in the history of the Canucks and one of the worst ever without even getting into this bar you've set for JB.    As of right now only one other Canucks GM has drafted at the same rate as JB - do you know which one that is?    I doubt it without some google searching.    Honestly only Podz was a pick i wanted out of every first pick...  who were your picks? 

is MG the worse drafter in canucks history? possibly given what he drafted but also given where he's drafting majority of the years. but is JB that much better? we rave about this guy that guy and given where we've been in the standing years after years when he first took over we have 3 players outside of the 1st round that's playing on this team. gaudette demko and hoglander. everything else either not in the NHL, playing for another team etc etc. GM makes mistakes but imagine where the team would be if we didn't strike out on 2 top 6 picks along with the 30+ mils worth of bad contract on this team? JB is great at drafting great everyone have their own opinion then he should be a scout coz he sucks at everything else as a GM. do i know what gm drafted at the same rate as JB? off the top of my head prolly no. but given the canucks draft history that's not much to be proud of. and if i'm going to make a guess i would actually say Nonis lol i mean he did produce edler jansen raymond schneider grabner and rip luc.. that's 5-6 NHL caliber players in 3 draft.