The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I normally agree with you but I don’t think Green is forgiving to young guys. Do you prefer Louie Ericksson and Antoine Rousel in the line up over MacEwan, Bailey and Virtanen ? Do veterans in the bottom 6 get a free ride on this team ? 

As a fan I would prefer to watch the younger players but they need to learn be better players. If anything they are they ones that shouldn’t get a free ride. I personally don’t want to see LE in the lineup again but seriously look at our record when he’s playing in the line-up, it’s ridiculous good. The only player you mentioned that I believe needs to be in the lineup more is Mac but in no way do I believe Green has it out for young players.

Look at Hogz man. That line is suppose to be our shutdown line and Hogz was thrown right in the deep end. 

Greens job is to win games. He has to balance that with allowing young players to be get better and put in positions to succeed. Bash Green all you want, you’re not the only one but he has been excellent for our young players

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

All well and good but schenn was chasing a cup. He didn't want to sign here. Said when he seen his brother get the cup he wanted a chance at it. 

He wasn't chasing a cup he was chasing the opportunity to play in the NHL still he was becoming an AHL player until Canucks signed him, actually traded for him my bad.

Edit:

Looking back at it, it does look like he said this regarding chasing the cup, shocks me a bit just because his career looked to be heading down the AHL path and it wasn't until Canucks gave him a chance he basically got a 2nd chance at the NHL. I know Tampa waived him that year last year and he was waived this year already as well.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Gino still had to protect

lol...Gino would still protect Bure even when traded.  Somebody ran at Bure (think Bure was a Panther then & Odjick was a Hab) and Gino just said something like "sooner or later that punk will have to play Montreal, and I'll be there to return the receipt" :lol:).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

lol...Gino would still protect Bure even when traded.  Somebody ran at Bure (think Bure was a Panther then & Odjick was a Hab) and Gino just said something like "sooner or later than punk will have to play Montreal, and I'll be there to return the receipt" :lol:).

See Gino was awesome, they were brothers from another mother and Gino was the big brother to protect and let little brother shine.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Thanks,  do you know what the injuries are? 

Yes, thought i heard Hamonic was close

posters can correct me here but I believe 

Upper body for Bailey (separated shoulder) 

Lower body for Motte. Not sure what it is but he’s on Long Term Injured reserve so it’s hard to say when he’ll be back 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

yes a fair bit but he was really bad for the lightning during the season

the good stretch he had with qh was probably the best hockey he's played in the last 6 years lol

well he got his cup at least lol, you know if his name is on it?

9 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

I think he had like one or two games. Not sure he played enough for his name on the cup though?

He played 25 season games and 11 playoff games as long as he played one in the Finals he does otherwise team had to use an exception on him. He gets a ring either way though. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He played 25 season games and 11 playoff games as long as he played one in the Finals he does otherwise team had to use an exception on him. He gets a ring either way though. 

Yeah I answered based off memory then looked it up and got rhe answer. I corrected myself later

• Cheers 1