The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

Edler may have slowed down, like we all do, and he may make mistakes, like we all do, but there's no doubt that he's the goat of this franchise.

People should chill about the $&!#talk about Eagle, because he's the best we've ever had.

I'd be fine if we gave him 1 year at a time until he hangs them up. As long as we can have someone take up his hard minutes, and he can lead from the backup position.

Not bad for a 3rd rounder...he panned out pretty good.

Spent his entire career here, quietly going about his business.  No drama, no complaining...anyone who slams Edler needs a full on blue line body check from him.

Sure, he's lost a step and is a little lethargic at times.  Others times, he's one of the few buys laying those big hits out and I appreciate every one of them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Not bad for a 3rd rounder...he panned out pretty good.

Spent his entire career here, quietly going about his business.  No drama, no complaining...anyone who slams Edler needs a full on blue line body check from him

He used to come into a night club I worked at.

Really good dude. 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 1:56 PM, SNuck said:

2021-03-06-VANvTOR.png

image.pngimage.png

image.png

The funniest thing is we don't even have a set roster that's built to compete with the BIG boy teams but we beat them, maybe some people need to look ahead with the roster moves that are on the horizon quickly, it's been 40 plus years waiting for a team that will be a contender each year and not a one trick pony that has a one shot at a cup, it happened twice and both times ended up with nothing, a good showing but no Mr Stanley. 

It's not like we can't trade or sign a top 4 FA Dman, since Podz will have that 2nd line spot locked up or he might get a lot of first line injury time (god forbid) serious ones but he wouldn't look out of place on 1st line that's for sure, he just has too much ability and even better, the drive to be better no matter what the cost, and a total team player that hates to lose.

Demko is just getting started but knows what it takes and has that same humility to know he's still has a way to go to be "that guy" 

The bottom 6 will no longer be needed to put any mentors on anymore and we have a backlog of young guys ready to take a shot so we have zero worries there. 

I wish the team our roster will look like in 2 years would be playing TO tonight so it would give the whiners a rest and would stfu.. complaints are one thing, whining like a lil kid is another... suck it up buttercup or feel free to cheer for someone else..  

• Cheers 1