The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Rickard Rakell

CR7

Just for discussion sake as TSN has put Rakell up on the trade board, what do you think it would take to land him. 2 time 30 goal score, fallen off these last couple seasons (bad Anaheim team), could be a good fit for our top 6. 1 more year at a reasonable cap hit just under 3.8M, 27 years old. Could look good on the RW with Bo and Hog on the other side. Yes I know Podz is coming, but I think the add would give us a pretty good right side next season

Virtanen, insert prospect and 2nd? More, less. Is he worth it?

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

other than being a 2 time 30 goal player

what do you see as his strengths and weakness;?

what is his injury history?

Good vision, 2 way player to complement Bo, decent stick skills and a good shot.

Never played a full 82 games, but his lowest total was 69 in a full season. Regular producer of 40+ points

Probably has been the Ducks' best forward this year but hasn't performed as well the past couple seasons, at least eye test wise. Hard to say how much that had to do with being on a bad team, as OP says.

Has 1 more year on his contract at a price he will almost surely outperform. Turns 28 in May.

Tricky player, at least in our case. I'd say the price starts with a 1st.

EDIT: Like the player in a vacuum, he'd look good on Bo's wing.

Edited by kanucks25

12 minutes ago, CR7 said:

Good vision, 2 way player to complement Bo, decent stick skills and a good shot.

Never played a full 82 games, but his lowest total was 69 in a full season. Regular producer of 40+ points

so, the problem I have with Jim's build is that he seems, to my mind, to be assembling a bunch of parts that do not necessarily make a great team.

So what is it that Rakell brings that we need?

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

so, the problem I have with Jim's build is that he seems, to my mind, to be assembling a bunch of parts that do not necessarily make a great team.

So what is it that Rakell brings that we need?

Jim is a little underwhelming in his build. I get the idea of what he wanted to do, but his execution has been poor at best. Signing Vet's for too long, and as many have pointed out too fracking much $

Scoring touch, defensively responsible. The missing top 6 RW we don't currently have

Miller Petey Brock

Hog Bo Rackell

Lots of potential in that top 6

12 minutes ago, CR7 said:

Jim is a little underwhelming in his build. I get the idea of what he wanted to do, but his execution has been poor at best. Signing Vet's for too long, and as many have pointed out too fracking much $

Scoring touch, defensively responsible. The missing top 6 RW we don't currently have

Miller Petey Brock

Hog Bo Rackell

if I am building a team, I want one that is big, mean, and fast and skillled

where does rakell fit in ?

maybe you have a different idea on how the team needs to be built

if looking at Anahiem's roster.. David Backes, but from 2011

Edited by lmm

46 minutes ago, CR7 said:

Miller Petey Brock

Hog Bo Rackell

We already have our missing top 6 RW.  He was drafted last year.  His name is Vasily Podkolzin.  You should check him out on Youtube.  He's a bigger version of Nils Hoglander...

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, lmm said:

if I am building a team, I want one that is big, mean, and fast and skillled

where does rakell fit in ?

maybe you have a different idea on how the team needs to be built

if looking at Anahiem's roster.. David Backes, but from 2011

Obviously everyone is going to have differences in how they would assemble a roster. Your big, mean, fast and skilled guy would be priority for a lot of rosters. Unfortunately there aren't many of those players around. I'd be happy with speed and skill throughout the line up with good positional play and high IQ. Rackell fits that

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We already have our missing top 6 RW.  He was drafted last year.  His name is Vasily Podkolzin.  You should check him out on Youtube.  He's a bigger version of Nils Hoglander...

I agree Podkolzin will be great in a Canucks jersey. But next year we could have 3 great lines depending on how you want to utilize players. Miller looks great up the middle, could have a top 9 of

Hog Petey Rackell - the swede line 

Pearson Horvat Podkolzin 

Lind Miller Boeser

Some semblance of those guys mixed in the top 9, looks better than right now

Edited by CR7

I don't think we need much help on the top-6 wings after this season, given that either Podkolzin makes the team or Pearson re-signs.

If Hamonic walks I'd rather go for Josh Manson or Hampus Lindholm (if he's available and abie to play RD).

2 hours ago, CR7 said:

I agree Podkolzin will be great in a Canucks jersey. But next year we could have 3 great lines depending on how you want to utilize players. Miller looks great up the middle, could have a top 9 of

Hog Petey Rackell - the swede line 

Pearson Horvat Podkolzin 

Lind Miller Boeser

Some semblance of those guys mixed in the top 9, looks better than right now

2rookies, a sophmore and a bounce back 

are you sure this is better than what we have?

that seem like a whole lotta hoper you got there

18 minutes ago, lmm said:

2rookies, a sophmore and a bounce back 

are you sure this is better than what we have?

that seem like a whole lotta hoper you got there

Honestly do, what we have right now isn't great. Lind might not be an upgrade over what we currently have but Rackell and Podkolzin will be 

6 hours ago, CR7 said:

Just for discussion sake as TSN has put Rakell up on the trade board, what do you think it would take to land him. 2 time 30 goal score, fallen off these last couple seasons (bad Anaheim team), could be a good fit for our top 6. 1 more year at a reasonable cap hit just under 3.8M, 27 years old. Could look good on the RW with Bo and Hog on the other side. Yes I know Podz is coming, but I think the add would give us a pretty good right side next season

Virtanen, insert prospect and 2nd? More, less. Is he worth it?

7 minutes ago, CR7 said:

Honestly do, what we have right now isn't great. Lind might not be an upgrade over what we currently have but Rackell and Podkolzin will be 

interesting that within the space of one page, you have gone from "could be good" for us to "will be" an upgrade.

It seems you have talked yourself into this even if you have not convinced the rest of us

and you have thrown Podkolzin into the sure thing catagory as well.

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I don't think we need much help on the top-6 wings after this season, given that either Podkolzin makes the team or Pearson re-signs.

If Hamonic walks I'd rather go for Josh Manson or Hampus Lindholm (if he's available and abie to play RD).

I only want Pearson back if he's in the bottom 6 TBH....    and cheaper obviously

Edited by Jayinblack