The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marvin Hagler

Gurn

"

Bombarded with messages alleging that his post supported anti-vaccine sentiment, Hearns posted another message to his Instagram account. He made it clear that he did not intend for the previous text to be an anti-vaccine campaign.

"Allow us to have our peace. Our love and respect to Marvin and his family, this is not an anti vaccine campaign... it's outrageous to have that in mind during the passing of a King, Legend, Father, Husband, and so much more. The Marvelous one, Marvin Hagler.""

My favorite fighter at that time. He got such little respect from announcers not using his nickname that he had to legally change his name to Marvelous Marvin Hagler so they had no choice. Funny or sad because they called Leonard  Sugar, Hearns Hitman or Motorcity Cobra, and Duran Hands of Stone.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, crobar said:

He got such little respect from announcers

True, seemed they would rather point out perceived flaws, than remark on the tremedous stuff he did do.

2 hours ago, crobar said:

not using his nickname

This, was so bush league on a lot of their parts.

I always wondered what their problem was?

8 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh no, could this be

Thomas Hearns claims Marvin Hagler's death happened after receiving COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-marvin-hagler-cause-death-thomas-hearns-claims-boxing-legend-died-covid-vaccine

Dont print this.

Millions of people are dying/

• Huggy Bear 1

Unfortunately with what Hearns had said and the fact the Hagler's death was unexpected the anti-vaxxers are having a field day.

Hearn's is not a  anti-vaxxer but stated what he believed was ailing Marvin before he passed. The passing has been called 'natural causes' but it is also 'unexpected'.

As pointed out above millions are dying from covid and the population must get vaccinated but the truth should always be revealed and I don't think Hearns did anything wrong with his statements. 

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Unfortunately with what Hearns had said and the fact the Hagler's death was unexpected the anti-vaxxers are having a field day.

Hearn's is not a  anti-vaxxer but stated what he believed was ailing Marvin before he passed. The passing has been called 'natural causes' but it is also 'unexpected'.

As pointed out above millions are dying from covid and the population must get vaccinated but the truth should always be revealed and I don't think Hearns did anything wrong with his statements. 

from what you posted it sounds like Hearns didn't know what he was talking about though. Why would someone post something like that if they didn't have first hand knowledge of what happened? that seems wrong to me. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

from what you posted it sounds like Hearns didn't know what he was talking about though. Why would someone post something like that if they didn't have first hand knowledge of what happened? that seems wrong to me. 

The article?

I took it as that he was just concerned about his friend and that he did have first hand knowledge. However I have re-read it and apparently he posted a pic of Marvin and... "A real true warrior. Pray for the king and his family... he's in ICU fighting the after effects of the vaccine! He'll be just fine, but we could use the positive energy and Prayer for his Full Recovery!"

The fact that he put exclamation marks after 'the effects of the vaccine' suggests that he was trying to blame the vaccination for Marvin's declining health. He now is walking it back.

My interest is in the truth. So far it is a 'unexpected natural causes death'.

If it comes out that it is in fact a result of a bad reaction to the shot, I wonder if people will be scolded for talking about it.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

The article?

I took it as that he was just concerned about his friend and that he did have first hand knowledge. However I have re-read it and apparently he posted a pic of Marvin and... "A real true warrior. Pray for the king and his family... he's in ICU fighting the after effects of the vaccine! He'll be just fine, but we could use the positive energy and Prayer for his Full Recovery!"

The fact that he put exclamation marks after 'the effects of the vaccine' suggests that he was trying to blame the vaccination for Marvin's declining health. He now is walking it back.

My interest is in the truth. So far it is a 'unexpected natural causes death'.

If it comes out that it is in fact a result of a bad reaction to the shot, I wonder if people will be scolded for talking about it.

he is suggesting that, and the walk back suggests he didn't know the details. 

I guess its possible that Hagler is the first person to die from the shot, but incredibly unlikely. "Unexpected" is a pretty wide blanket term. 

Not sure why anyone would be scolded, it would mean that Hagler had an unknown condition and possibly wasn't treated properly or in time for a severe allergic reaction, again very unlikely. I could see people being scolded for using that as an excuse for the general population to avoid the vaccine. 

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he is suggesting that, and the walk back suggests he didn't know the details. 

I guess its possible that Hagler is the first person to die from the shot, but incredibly unlikely. "Unexpected" is a pretty wide blanket term. 

Not sure why anyone would be scolded, it would mean that Hagler had an unknown condition and possibly wasn't treated properly or in time for a severe allergic reaction, again very unlikely. I could see people being scolded for using that as an excuse for the general population to avoid the vaccine. 

I read that 'side effects are extremely rare' yet the same article didn't state which vaccine he was given. 

I think his walking back suggests that he doesn't want to ramp up the anti vaxxers but he could have thought about that before saying anything in the first place.

I'm no anti-vaxxer. Covid has affected our fam and friends in a big direct way. I am very cautious about the virus and am a little grumpy about the lack of long haul studies. Just watch a news piece on a Dr that is still suffering a year later.  I want more transparency on those issues and on any issues with the vaccinations, such as blood clots, allergic reactions etc...

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I read that 'side effects are extremely rare' yet the same article didn't state which vaccine he was given. 

I think his walking back suggests that he doesn't want to ramp up the anti vaxxers but he could have thought about that before saying anything in the first place.

I'm no anti-vaxxer. Covid has affected our fam and friends in a big direct way. I am very cautious about the virus and am a little grumpy about the lack of long haul studies. Just watch a news piece on a Dr that is still suffering a year later.  I want more transparency on those issues and on any issues with the vaccinations, such as blood clots, allergic reactions etc...

mine too. I do agree as well on the need for more info, that's never a bad thing. 

• Cheers 1