The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

So @wallstreetamigo, how much has the elite Gaudette helped the mighty Chicago Blackhawks thus far?

image.png.694839ce7faf4afa17734ba390322d63.png

But yeah, maybe Benning sold him too low... and this cost him his confidence. /sar

Bottom line: If Gaudette isn't scoring, he isn't helping his team. He's as one dimensional as an NHL player can be nowadays.

One would think that a poor Chicago team would benefit Gaudette, by allowing him to play up the lineup. But he's actually only getting fewer minutes than he did in Chicago on average.

Edited by Dazzle

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

So @wallstreetamigo, how much has the elite Gaudette helped the mighty Chicago Blackhawks thus far?

But yeah, maybe Benning sold him too low... and this cost him his confidence. /sar

Bottom line: If Gaudette isn't scoring, he isn't helping his team. He's as one dimensional as an NHL player can be nowadays.

One would think that a poor Chicago team would benefit Gaudette, by allowing him to play up the lineup. But he's actually only getting fewer minutes than he did in Chicago on average.

I liked the kid but boy does he have a hill to climb. I agree that he has to score to stay.

• Cheers 2

22 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Jason Dickenson 12 games 1 point. 36% fo 2.65mill cap hit 

gaudette 8 games 2 points 40% fo. 1 mill cap 

not advocating gaudette. 

but JD isn’t exactly an improvement. Nor is lammiko. 

coaching change in Chicago might change gaudettes fortunes just like it could on the struggling guys on our team 

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2021 at 9:57 AM, Dazzle said:

You will have to show me where I said Gaudette was elite.

I said:

1. The Canucks were the ones who didn’t recognize that Gaudette was not a 3rd line defensive center. All the people saying he needs to score to stick are right. But the only ones who didn’t seem to know that from the minute he was drafted was Benning and the Canucks coaches. They are the ones who kept trying the square peg in the round hole approach with him really.

2. When you are using offensive dynamos like Vesey and Boyd in your top 6 and are a bottom feeder team, why not try to play Gaudette there if for no reason other than to pump his value before you dump him?

3. Highmore is a plug. A fast one but still a plug. I would prefer project players that can provide offense over ones that skate fast and do nothing else of value, but that’s just me.

I stand by all of those things even now. 

5 hours ago, combover said:

Jason Dickenson 12 games 1 point. 36% fo 2.65mill cap hit 

gaudette 8 games 2 points 40% fo. 1 mill cap 

not advocating gaudette. 

but JD isn’t exactly an improvement. Nor is lammiko. 

coaching change in Chicago might change gaudettes fortunes just like it could on the struggling guys on our team 

Dickinson, sorry to say, has been really bad. Lammikko is pretty meh too.  

On 11/11/2021 at 6:14 AM, Gollumpus said:

*Someone has already get this covered in the "Current Roster" portion of the forum*

Noticed this while I was drifting through Reddit (while waiting for a burger to cook): 

regards,  G.

Honestly at this point it's also worth a short for Petey