The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matthew Highmore | #15 | LW/C

-AJ-

Just now, N4ZZY said:

It does…

for the most part :bigblush:

Meh... Motte, Miller, Myers, Garland, OEL, Pearson, Lammiko, Dickenson, Poolman, Schenn, Burroughs, Halak...all decent to great pickups. Especially post-Green.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Gaudette is a tweener. 

But I agree that players like him either accept a bottom six role and change their style of game, and role, or they’re essentially out of the league inevitably.

Europe is calling :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Got a goal and an apple Sat vs Oilers ....

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/gaudette-starts-sens-comeback-in-edmonton-win/c-329858448

But I still prefer Highmore - speed to burn

Ah, equipping himself pretty well. That’s pretty good. A goal and an assist. Good for Gaudette for trying to stick it in the NHL. I have nothing against him, unless he plays against the Canucks. 

Looks like another minor win for JB but Gaudette is still scoring, despite only playing 4th line minutes with the Sens. It's a shame, if he just cleaned up his defensive play he'd be a solid winger, but look at Highmore who is relatively reasonable defensively and plays hard on the forecheck - not as prolific at scoring but gaining more ice-time on a deeper team.

Highmore and Motte are really flourishing together, bringing us a gritty duo we've lacked for a long time, maybe have to go back to the Lapierre/Higgins era. Two young guys with a lot of speed who disrupt other teams is exactly what Boudreau wants and it has worked wonders the last few games against some teams who are usually extremely quick and getting pucks up the ice. I'm excited to see what these guys can do to some shaky defences like Edmonton's in the next few games...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 1/18/2022 at 12:23 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Looks like another minor win for JB but Gaudette is still scoring, despite only playing 4th line minutes with the Sens. It's a shame, if he just cleaned up his defensive play he'd be a solid winger, but look at Highmore who is relatively reasonable defensively and plays hard on the forecheck - not as prolific at scoring but gaining more ice-time on a deeper team.

Highmore and Motte are really flourishing together, bringing us a gritty duo we've lacked for a long time, maybe have to go back to the Lapierre/Higgins era. Two young guys with a lot of speed who disrupt other teams is exactly what Boudreau wants and it has worked wonders the last few games against some teams who are usually extremely quick and getting pucks up the ice. I'm excited to see what these guys can do to some shaky defences like Edmonton's in the next few games...

Gaudette gifted us a win against Ottawa. 

I actually hope that he does well, he was just never going to get the role that he needs to succeed in with the Canucks.  We have better offensive players and he just can't play in the bottom 6.  

I can't wait for Horvat, Garland, and Miller to come back in the lineup as Motte - Lammikko - Highmore line will just get better and better, especially when they get some softer matchups and aren't our shutdown line.  It's not going to be pretty tomorrow against the Panthers with everyone missing from our lineup. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...