The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

45 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Elias Lindholm 

Maybe... that's a bit of a stretch to call him Selke-level though... he didn't even garner a single Selke vote last year:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/awards/voting-2021.html

It's no different than calling Brad Marchard a Selke-level forward lol (he had 39 votes btw)

Edited by HKSR

Looks like really down to Flames and Golden Knights now.... but I don't get the logic here... why would you take a risk of weakening your team in current season in hopes of boosting the team starting 2nd half of NEXT season?? I guess only teams with cap space AND depth can pull this off!!

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Huh?  So it's:

Tkachuk

1st Round Pick

WTF is a Former 1st Round Pick? (like an actual player that was picked in the 1st round?)

2 Prospects

I would guess the former 1st round pick would be Valimaki.

Would love it if the Flames gave up that. That’s a desperation trade if I ever saw one.

8 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Why would CGY do this? They are playing very well and ranked 2nd in the Pacific. Not that I would advise them out of it because I wanna see them spend those assets, but it does not make sense to me.

Banking that the team can perform just as well without Tkachuk until Eichel is healthy?

Pretty big gamble. Tkachuk is a pretty key piece to their team.

Edited by DeNiro

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Friedman has reported that that offer is false and easily understood by everyone across the board that it is an overpayment and if it is indeed what was offered it’d already be a done deal

I would believe the deal if Buffalo was sending more than just Eichel.

Edited by DeNiro

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Banking that the team can perform just as well without Tkachuk until Eichel is healthy?

Pretty big gamble. Tkachuk is a pretty key piece to their team.

You'd think Sutter would want Tkachuk as part of the identity of the team moving forward too. 

13 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Trading Tkachuck would be foolish, I don't understand why Calgary would do something like this.

Maybe they already think that Tkachuks negotiations will be bad.

If he’s gonna be demanding close to Eichel money maybe they just wanna get ahead of it and trade him now.