The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

21 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Lol we're at nearly a decade near the bottom of the league and colorado just won the presidents trophy.

Actually if we are going to base on facts 2014-15 was our last 100 pt season. Since then including this season would be our 6th of the rebuild and it’s taken Colorado a decade to win a presidents trophy with their tanking and drafting of Makinnon/Landeskog et all, and haven’t won the Cup yet or made it to a final. I get it, people in this forum are frustrated with how the team is going these past years but hey our window is coming for greatness again. We won back to back president trophy’s with the twins et all, this core of Petey, Demko, Hughes, Bo, Brock, up and coming Rathbone and Podz, not only will this team win the Presidents trophy they will bring us our first Stanley Cup. This season sucks for so many reasons but I still love this team and have supported this organization for 35 plus years. We will get that damn cup and it will be before the Leafs :towel:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

The typical canucks winning streak to tank the odds at higher pick in a lost season again lol watch us win the last 3 against calgary finish with the 10th worse record but with Seattle get the 11th best odds than drop another 2 spots and pick 13th for a player that'll prolly not be a difference maker. 

I dont mind the players play hard and win the game. I have more of an issue with Green not playing or rolling the lines more and letting the rookies play more in a meaningless game. Why's edler out there for 26+ mins? Why some of the others like hogs only have 12 mins? Roll the damn line and let them play. Stop trying to play ur lines like you are fighting for a playoff spot.. the last couple games ain't gonna make a difference in whether or not u get a contract. 

1 minute ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Yeah it matters. Putting him in because you have no faith in him to win is a terrible message to send to him and the team

Who says they don’t have faith in him?

They wouldn’t have called him up if they didn’t...

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They called him up to the taxi squad so DiPietro could get games in. Period. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again you’re making up points no one is saying. 

Well considering you don’t know what point you’re making I’ve kind of been responding to everyone.

The argument that Silovs would get shelled and kill his confidence is a point several posters are making actually.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They called him up so DiPietro could get games in. Period. 

And you know that how?

Why wouldn’t they consider giving him a game the same way DiPietro got one? I see absolutely no harm in it.

Seems to me lots of young rookie goalies have made their debuts this season and they didn’t implode. Maybe we shouldn’t assume he couldn’t handle it.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Well considering you don’t know what point you’re making I’ve kind of been responding to everyone.

The argument that Silovs would get shelled and kill his confidence is a point several posters are making actually.

Assuming he would bounce back like DiPietro is just as foolish. Either way riding him to finish the year is not possible due to call ups and we have to healthy capable NHL goalies to put the rest of our young guys in a position that is positive for their career going forward. Period. End of story.

Just now, DeNiro said:

And you know that how?

Why wouldn’t they consider giving him a game the same way DiPietro got one? I see absolutely no harm in it.

Seems to me lots of young rookie goalies have made their debuts this season and they didn’t implode. Maybe we shouldn’t assume he couldn’t handle it.

Because that is literally what happened. 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They called him up because they had to send DiPietro down so he could get some game time this year as it had been over 400 days since he played in any game. All teams have 3 goalies with the team, 2 roster and 1 taxi with the rules for this year. That is the only reason he was called up and he knows. I'm sure he is loving the opportunity to practice with the team and get some direct coaching from Clark but he knows he's not even close to NHL ready. He's played a total of 1 AHL game.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Assuming he would bounce back like DiPietro is just as foolish. Either way riding him to finish the year is not possible due to call ups and we have to healthy capable NHL goalies to put the rest of our young guys in a position that is positive for their career going forward. Period. End of story.

He wouldn’t need a call up he’s on the taxi squad.

Never said ride him I said give him a game. I don’t think one game would require a “bounce back”. He wouldn’t have made it this far if he was that fragile.

Just now, DeNiro said:

He wouldn’t need a call up he’s on the taxi squad.

Never said ride him I said give him a game. I don’t think one game would require a “bounce back”. He wouldn’t have made it this far if he was that fragile.

They need to be called up from the taxi squad which is why Lind, Gadjovich and Lockwood can’t play right now. 

4 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Why should they miss a shift?  Stapling Miller to the Bench doesn't prove anything.  He knows where he messes up.  He's a leader for this team and despite some of his rough games, he's a net positive for this team.

You dont think young players know when they mess up?

Every player needs to be held accountable every once in awhile.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

They need to be called up from the taxi squad which is why Lind, Gadjovich and Lockwood can’t play right now. 

Utica’s season is done tomorrow so that’s irrelevant anyways. 

They can be played in any of the final two games.

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

No Demko and this team is getting cooked. Another 40 SOG night for him. That needs to stop next szn. 

The sky high SOG amount seems to elude a lot of people. The defense shouldn’t be this porous. Fact is that the defensive coach’s brain is what’s porous. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1